PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Grace, Please.... UPDATE

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Last night I discovered that my Grace is very swollen under her jaw and chin! I'm hoping and praying that it is just some sort of abscess. I'm guessing a bad tooth? She sees the vet today at 3:00 p.m. Please pray that it's nothing too serious and my #1 girl will be home and feeling good again soon!

For those of you who don't know, Grace was the first of all of my current kitties! She is extra special!!!

Thanks,
Kim

catlover4ever
11-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Kim, keeping paws and fingers crossed and sending prayers your way that Grace is OK. Keep us posted.

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that isn't anything serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Donnaj4962
11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh my, I am sorry to hear about Grace. Many prayers and well wishes coming to you from Indiana!

I worry about my Tabby developing an abcess also as she lost a tooth a few weeks ago. My vet said to keep an eye out for swelling, lack of energy, and loss of appetite. So far, we have been fine.

I sure hope Grace is better soon and it is nothing serious!

Freedom
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Best wishes for Grace, let us know what you learn. We all know you are always checking up with them so whatever it is, you caught it fast.

manda_moo87
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Sending lots of prayers out to Grace and gentle head bumpies from her long lost twin - Squeekers. :)

Lizzie
11-28-2006, 02:28 PM
You must be at the vet by now. I hope it something easily fixable. I hate suddenly finding something like that because then I rack my brain wondering how long it's been since I ran my hand over the place where I found a problem, wondering if I haven't been checking them well enough. But a problem tooth can be hidden for a long time, especially since cats can go on eating while in a lot of pain, and an abscess forms in hours.

How old is your lovely girl, Grace?

Logan
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Kim, I have been through this so many times with Butter that I can't even count the times. The most notorious was a golf ball sized lump on the back of his neck, many years ago. Dr. Robinson pulled a cat nail (Mimi's, obviously) out of the sore and drained it. I guess Mimi let him know who was boss!!! He has had the jaw thing, too, a couple of times, actually. It always cleared up quickly. I hope that Grace will be the same way, once she gets some antibiotics.

Logan

orangemm
11-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Poor little Grace...I hope she's getting rid of that nasty lump now at the vet's. It's scary finding those on our babies.

Please let us know how your sweetie makes out.

jenluckenbach
11-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Prayers for Grace (that is a lovely photo of her)

Waiting for an update.

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
The vet tech had me scared to death ... said it felt more like a lymph node rather than an abscess!!! :mad: Well, I was the one who was right! Thank GOD, it was an abscess. Apparently some nawtee kitty smacked my Gracie girl pretty nastily on the chin! :( The vet stuck a needle in and pulled out pure pus .... YUCK!!! She didn't lance it yet, said to put warm compresses on it 3 times a day, and it will eventually burst and drain! :eek: I think Miss Gracie Mae is going to have to be kenneled for a wee bit. Don't like the idea of that thing bursting just anywhere! ;)

My poor girl is running a fever of 105.4!!!! I can't believe I just noticed this last night. I sure hope it hasn't been like this for very long! :( She has an antibiotic and thankfully, some pain medicine too!

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers for my special girl!

Kim

Freedom
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Well, the good news is that it is something dealt with relatively easily. And that is the BEST news there is with a vet visit!! Cheer up, Grace, you will be back to bopping around the house in no time.

kuhio98
11-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Kim ~ I'm so glad to hear it isn't something more serious. But, I am worried about the fever. When Halo had a bad reaction to her vaccination and her fever went up to 105, the vet insisted on keeping her there and bathing her in cool water to bring down the fever. If she doesn't start feeling better soon, you might call the vet back and ask if a cool water bath is recommended.

kb2yjx
11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
WHEW!!! That is good news!!! Yes, abcesses a way of just exploding!!! I am so glad that is all it is!!! Prayers so Gracie heals quickly!!!

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Thank you everyone.

Lisa, I'm keeping a close eye on her. She's walking around quite a bit, so I don't think she is feeling too awfully bad.

Kim

ShylanHal
11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Clover had an abcess a while back, her and one of Mel's kitties must have been playing too hard, and she got a lump on the top of her head, and she'd even balded (the fur kept growing under the skin) there for a while. We took her to the vet and the first thing he said was, "She's got a pimple..."
I could NOT watch as they got the hair and gunk out of it.
She got an antibiotic cream, and now she's doing just fine. SHe even has hair! XP

heidiv
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh Kim I am so glad that was all that it was. Even though I bet she is in a little bit of pain. :( Poor Baby. I guess that means lots of special time for Gracie. She looks so sweet!! I will keep her in my thoughts..... ((((Hugs)))))

catmandu
11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I am so glad that Grace, like Precious just had an abcess, and its something that the Vet could handle easily.
We are praying that your Grace heals up well, and will be her old self soon.

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Kim, Poor Grace.:( I'm glad to hear that it's treatable and I hope that she feels better soon and it heals quickly.:) I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.