PDA

View Full Version : Luca's first Christmas Tree

NicoleLJ
11-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Well with all this talk of Christmas and snow I decided to break out of tradition of decorating on December 1st and started last night with the tree. So teh tree is all done and some of the other decorations are up too.

For Luca and Peace it is their very first Christmas tree. Peaces reaction was rather comical. Looking at the pics below you see what we call the Gaurdian Bears. Every year at Walmart around the end of November the Limited Edition Bears come out. Each year they are different. They have the year sewn into their foot. We always get a male and a female. We then line them up around hte base of the tree. We tell the kids that these are the Guardian Bears and that they protect the presents from Theives and childrens prying eyes and fingers. We have told them that they will tell Santa if someone tries to sneak under the tree to see or get a present. It has worked like a charm for 8 years on Isabeau. Dedrick has yet to touch the bears since I told him this. lol. And as you can see tehy do a great job in making things hard to see under the tree besides looking very festive. This year though we now officially have one too many bears and had to place the year 2000 bear on the tree. Next year hubby is going to start building the Bear Tree. It will be a multi layer tree with shelves to place the bears around on. In the long run we will have the Bear Tree and the Christmas Tree. It is a long work in progress but so fun.

Anyway back to Peace. He came up last night after all the Bears had been placed, took one look at them, puffed up like I had never seen before, hissed and screamed and then ran down stairs. He has not been up since. So I think it will take him a while to get use to it. Psycho on the other hand loves Christmas. And esspecially loves the tree. As soon as the tree is done and the bears are around it she will find a small hold to jump through and sleep happily in her den. It is her den though. Prince is not allowed and she will tell him so. I have no idea if she will let Peace or not.

Sheena is an old hat about Christmas and loves to watch everything. The ferrets were going nuts watching all teh lights and sparkiling decorations go up.

Luca is not too sure yet though. The tree is in his PLACE. So he is a bit confused as to where his place is now. Other then that he is fine with it. Here are the pics.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphplsyy3j.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpriBp2u.jpg

I hope you like them
Nicole

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh my goodness!! You should make a christmas card for family with that. And what a pretty tree. My husband got the boxes out for me last night as I cant carry them. But I can unpack them... lol.

NicoleLJ
11-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks. Actually as soon as hubby gives Luca a bath and picks up Luca's Christmas collar tonight we are doing an official Christmas Card photo for the cards we are making for family. The dogs will be laying in front of the tree with their off shoulders towards each other and the kids will sit in front of their sides, Isabeau in front of Luca and Dedrick in front of Sheena. That way we get them all on the photo.
Nicole

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh I would love to see that one!

NicoleLJ
11-28-2006, 10:44 AM
We are hoping to get teh pics tomorrow. I will post them when I am done them.
Nicole

lovingpaws
11-28-2006, 10:54 AM
That is so pretty, why didn't I think of that :rolleyes: ;) I had many collectable pieces, but they got spread out to family members with young kids. Anyway what a great tradition you're starting with the bears. I got my tree & decorations done before Thanksgiving. That's why I wasn't on here for several days, I was finishing everything up. The only thing we left for Friday after was the tree ornaments, which we enjoyed with "choclotini's" (a mix we picked up at Target - yummy sweet choc/mint) Just my hubby & I, son & grandson on west coast. :( won't see for xmas - but did see grandson though for first time :D :D :D , who just turned a year. Here a few days Thanksgiving.

Ginger's Mom
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Cute pictures. Yes, he does look a little displaced, but I am sure once he gets the scent of all the presents (doggie presents, too?) under the tree, he will be fine. :)

Jadapit
11-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I love all the bears around your tree. Luca is beautiful!