PDA

View Full Version : Galina running off

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
She has earned the nic name of "The weenies" with her antics. We live on the top of a mountain on 18 acreas at the top- but most of it is wooded with about 3 acreas as grass/controlled weed. Anyway- Galina was diving into the woods- and although she would eventually hit a fence, I dont want her charging around in the woods with the wild life we have. For months she stayed on a flexi but the transition has been really hard- with the knowledge of knowing to have boots on to retrieve her out. Well the other day, where she went up a deer trail, When I found her, the easiest way back out was the trail we entered from. As I neared the end, she spotted her brother and took off to go in the house. PRAISE PRAISE as I approached the door ( my mind wanted to kill her... lol... ). Anyway since then- instead of my having to retrieve her from another direction, she comes back the same path..
NOW DUH!!! Miss dog trainer! When a dog breaks a stay, you put them back where they where-- When they do not do a recall right, you put them back on their same path they should have taken.. Well by God, although I took the path back as easier for me to walk in the woods, Galina learned "hey all I have to do is turn around and go back how I went in"... Now she jumps in about 10 feet, grabs a stick, and comes flying back out. POOF PROBLEM SOLVED!

TFTpwnsYou
11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
LOL! Well, at least she knows now. Must have been amazing to her that she figured that tough problem out. The weenies is a smart cookie isn't she!?...lol.

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Hottie wants a dna test on her- I swear if there is a way to do something different, she will find it! And I dont want her running into Yogi- or me either.. lol..

lovingpaws
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
:p ...... :D

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I would like to know where does she think she is going- jumping over fallen trees.. lol.. She gets the silliest look on her face. And poor brother- stands at the edge waiting for her to come back out... lol. Then the ambush starts all over again.. ( 'knucklehead' hottie mutters to himself as he watches her...)

Karen
11-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Now, now, Hottie, kid sisters have to have their fun, too!

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I swear this girl never read the standard in area of behaviors " docile , dignified, calm and aloof"....

cassiesmom
11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh, Galina you silly! You gave your mum and your brother some stress! Remember, calm, docile, dignified... :)

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Galina says " dive into the woods, jumps over fallen trees, come back ambush brother... runs the other side of the yard, dives into the woods, turns around - runs back out- AMBUSH BROTHER... lol... Grins like showing every tooth in her mouth... totally SILLY!!! " Hey you are only young once..." dives back in again.... ( I am going to get a video of this tomorrow..)