PDA

View Full Version : The move, the welcome home, and the new kitten

ShylanHal
11-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Hello all, sorry it's been so long. We moved a while ago, and we haven't had internet for... well, nearly two weeks until just last night, when I was asleep. And before that we were busy with my EIGHTEENTH birthday and getting a kitten companion for Clover and taking piccies of the kitties in the new house, and packing in the old house, and a whole bunch of fun stuff.

Clover is finally living with me! She's right at home, and she's not even scared of my dad's dg, Comet, any more. I have a few pictures, and I'll be sure to get more in the next couple of days.

About a week ago yesterday I got a new kitten as a mix of a housewarming gift/ birthday present/ and payment for working with some family friends of ours; they breed siamese cats, and they wanted me to have one of their kittens. They also have rescue kitties on their small farm, of any shape and size.
I couldn't think of a name for her until just a few days ago, when I named her Echo, since she has that trademark siamese MEEEOOWW!! that you can hear through the entire house. It's really funny.
Clover was terrified of her when I first brought her home, hissing like she was the next armageddon, but after a few days, they've really gotten to like each other. Take this picture for example
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8699/dsc00020la4.jpg
I took that picture just five days after bringing Echo home.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2847/dsc00012wy3.jpg
Clover's first exploration of our new home.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8217/dsc00010yx9.jpg
Her first discovery of the heating vents

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9556/dsc00016gu2.jpg
Echo after I had just woken her up from sleeping on my bed. Ain't she cuuute?

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3408/dsc00018lv8.jpg
Still sleepy, now wondering what in the world I have in my hands!

These are my babies!

catmandu
11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Thats great that Clover and Echo are getting along so well.
All The Found Cat Meezers love Echo, and can hardly wait until she grows up.
And Clover has that Scrappy Look , and Scrappy Angel and Scrappy 2 say MEEEOOOW to Clover.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Awwww, glad to hear how well Clover is doing! And your newbie Echo is to precious for words!!!

BC_MoM
11-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Hehe! I like the picture of "discovering the heating vents!" :D

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
First of all, Happy (belated) 18th Birthday!
Clover and Echo are both such lovely kitties and they look happy in their new home! Congratulations on your new baby, Echo .... such a pretty meezer! :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Congrats on your new addition Echo!!!:D She's gorgeous and I love her name too.:) I'm glad to hear that she and Clover are now getting along. Happy belated 18th birthday too.:)

Don Juan's mom
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Hehe! I like the picture of "discovering the heating vents!" :D

At my house, Zerlina has discovered the space heater in my room. :rolleyes:

Liz

Freedom
11-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Glad to see Clover and Echo hnging out together. Getting the newbie at the time of the move was good timing, no one could declare this "her" territory! wonderful shots.

ShylanHal
11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
I got Echo the day after we moved in, when Clover was still hiding under my bed. I figured a little kitten would drag her out of there, and I suspect I was right! ^_^

When I brought the kitten home, though, Clover was sitting on my bed. So I gave them their first introductions of each other. Echo was still in the kitty carrier, and Clover laying on the bed, I set the carrier in front of Clover, she took one look at the kitten... a second, sniffed, and hissed like she was a demon kitty from the netherworlds and dashed back under the bed. She couldn't even look at Echo without hissing, and now I can carry them both, one under each arm, and they even have their own sleeping spots when they get sleepy and I'm in bed. Clover cuddles my feet and the kitten either sleeps right under my neck or in the crook of my arm.

I suspect that Clover looks at the kitten kinda like her own little sister, since she was the littlest one over at Mel's house, and now she's the senior of the home and she's got a little one to take care of!

Today they first discovered snow, and Clover was staring out the window all this morning while I was getting ready for school. I picked up Echo and held her near the opened bathroom window, and she got her very first wiff of winter!

Oh yeah... anyone know any helpful hints for cats and christmas trees? Because my dad is a big christmas guy, and having two cats isn't going to stop him, so if you have any helpful hints as to what to do, it would be appreciated!

heidiv
11-28-2006, 07:05 PM
OH BOY!!! Another sweet little meezer to the PT Family!!!! Congrats on the new kitty..... Your other kitty Clover is adorable also... Love the markings!!
Happy Birthday :D Being 18 this will be the best, most exciting (Fastest) years of our life!!!