PDA

View Full Version : My big guy caught in the act

Lizzie
11-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Here he is, Dagda caught in the act and with guilt written all over his face:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/Zephryn_2006/IMG_0142.jpg

How could he pin down and submit this little kitten (7 months old and already 9#, but ah well!) to:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/Zephryn_2006/IMG_0141.jpg

a good bath.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Dagda is one handsome BIG cat! And that poor kitten is getting squashed! The kitten looks as if to be saying " Momma, PUT DOWN the camera and get him off of me!" :p

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Silly boy! :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Well at least he only wants to help wash the kitten.:)

I found Sky pinning down my baby Ziggy tonight and it looked like he was trying to mount her.:eek: I broke them up right away though. Both of them are fixed so it was probably just a dominant thing going on.

Killearn Kitties
11-28-2006, 04:03 AM
That's awfully sweet of you to help out, Dagda, but don't squash the kitten! :eek:

catfamily
11-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Those pictures made my day.I can't stop laughing.Dagda looks like a big lovebug.And baby kitten doesn't seem to mind the attention :)

CultureJunky
11-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Hehe! Look at that, 'I didn't do nothing!' expression on his face. That is brilliant. I don't think I've seen a picture of Dagda before. he's massive. And looks like a big cuddly cusihion.

jenluckenbach
11-28-2006, 05:34 AM
The look on his face is priceless! (LOL)

Lizzie
11-28-2006, 08:26 AM
The very best part of all this is the enormous change in Dagda. I went to the shelter ,where he'd lived for at least 5 years, in May to look at a social feral Himalayan who turned out to be very feral still. They'd just opened up their new FIV+ room so I stopped in there on impulse. Dagda (then called Blackberry) mooched over slowly as I sat on the floor and leaned against me for some fuss. As I turned to fuss another cat, he mooched away to curl up with another cat. There was something about him, something that told me he had to get out of there. I called him over again, he hesitated about moving again but came, and I told him I was taking him.

He was in my isolation bedroom with two others from the FIV+ room for a few weeks and spent all that time under a chair. He had dental surgery right away, his mouth was badly infected and bloody. When I opened his isolation door, he did nothing for a few days, just stayed under his chair, then spent several more days sitting in the doorway. His progress was slow and each step to becoming a "normal cat" gave me great joy. The day he walked across the living room, stepped out onto the sunny deck and flopped down. The day he got up onto the bed. The first night he stayed on the bed with me, and decided he wanted to be there every night - sometimes to the detriment of my sleep. I watched his tail gradually move up, first so that it was straight out and then, one wonderful day, straight up in the air. I grinned from ear to ear the day I saw him playing with a toy by himself, pouncing on it and tossing it in the air. And now he races around after the kittens. I had never met a depressed cat before, had never thought about it. I think his life at the shelter had simply become a round of eating and sleeping.

Catfamily is right, Cattulus doesn't mind at all and simply loves the attention. I occasionally hear him squeal when Dagda sits on his legs accidentally! His brother gets washed by the far more delicate, and much smaller, Belle.

catnapper
11-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Awww.... too sweet. Its ok to be a big guy ans still love your little brother. :)

Freedom
11-28-2006, 08:49 AM
"Who, me? I didn't do NOTHIN'!"

What a heart warming story! So nice of you to take him home and let him learn at his own pace. I have done that with Cuddles, it is an incredible feeling and experience.

catmandu
11-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Dagda certainly is a Big Fellow , and has a tender side to him.
He just does not realize his own strength, and might be squashing the Kitten with kindness.
Hes a big Baby, and is doing his best.

catlover4ever
11-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Dagda reminds me of Vegas....squishing someone and then giving that someone a bath. :) :) :)