PDA

View Full Version : You know you like saving animals too much when...

buttercup132
11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Today I was talking with my friend about having kids and I said I'd rather adopt one. At first I said from a shelter:rolleyes: And then I said because there are so many in orphanages that need loving families. People reproduce too much when just because they want a little mini me and husband and to show their love for each other by bringing a creation of them both into the world. But don't you think its the same as animals?

People breed there dogs (most of the time) because they want a baby from the litter that is a spitting image of the parents to keep. It's kind of hard to explain what I mean. I just thought it was a interesting thing I thought of.

Like think of all the chinese baby girls who are either killed or put up for adoption because families can only have a certain amount of people in the family and they find mot girls "usless" and want a boy to carry on the family name. So then the girls are "rid" of.

Clearly I'm too into adopting:rolleyes:

belterv
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah it is like the same.....
I am clearly like you, lol

Argranade
11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Ya I don't ever wanna have kids I always tell my family and friends that cause there's enough humans as there is, I rather adopt some teen or child who is in need of a loving home and I can give a second chance too, some people don't think before they breed ... :rolleyes:

I don't even wanna get married. :p

I_luv_rusty
11-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I get what you mean by adopting a kid is like saving a life. But people who have kids wants one that they had... You can relate it to dogs but its not quite the same. ;) It not exactly wrong ethier to want to have a kid that you actually had, and are blood related. Having puppies just to make a split of the parents is wrong unless your a breeder or such. If your just going to drop the puppies that weren't the ones you keep is totally wrong

Alysser
11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Ya I don't ever wanna have kids I always tell my family and friends that cause there's enough humans as there is, I rather adopt some teen or child who is in need of a loving home and I can give a second chance too, some people don't think before they breed ... :rolleyes:

I don't even wanna get married. :p

Same here, If I were to ever want a child, I'm going for adoption. It's also kind of for medical reasons to. I have a heart condition and I really don't want any of my children to inherit it. I also don't want to get married. :p :p

angelbow20
11-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I dont see anything wrong with adopting but its different having your own blood and your own baby, I have a 3 year old and he's the best thing to ever happen. Its great seeing your child and being able to say awww yeah he has my eyes and my smile and he is such a sweet heart like his dad etc. My friends mom adopted alittle boy and is adopting alittle girl but the one she wanted ended up having something wrong with her DNA and now she cant adopt her so they are looking to adopt another one, she had a daughter who died of cancer a few years ago and she has a son so she did both, I think it would be cool to do both.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Well I agree that adoption is a wonderful thing to do for a child.

However, I have to disagree that most people want a "mini me" when they have children. I'm sure there are people who have kids for the wrong reasons, or because they just don't think about it, but there are plenty of people who have children for unselfish reasons.

Not everyone is able to adopt, and not all families would be right for every adopted child.

CathyBogart
11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I totally agree. My mom and I were arguing about my possible upcoming sterilization and i told her "If I ever change my mind, I'll adopt one that's already housebroken!" Fortunately, that made both of us laugh and the argument totally dissolved.

wolfsoul
11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
As much as I completely agree, I do want my own baby one day. I personally feel that there should be a limit on people's breeding -- just like dogs and cats etc, I think that people should be screened for health problems and should have to pass before being allowed to have children. But it's never going to happen, and that's my only rationalisation for having children when I suffer from psychological issues. I want to experience pregnancy, and just the feeling that I made something -- that little thing came from me, it has my blood and a part of me in it. I never used to want to have children but I hit a certain age where suddenly, I guess human nature took over.

luvofallhorses
11-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I think adoption is a great idea for those who aren't able to have children of their own. If I ever have kids, I would love to adopt one. :) I see it the same way as you, Alicia.. but some people just want kids of their own. maybe that's their dream to have one of their own. but I do get when people think like dogs and cats to breed just for their children to see the "miracle" of birth is WRONG! :mad:

catnapper
11-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Yup, I know what you mean. When I talk about going to the doctor for myself or anyone in my family, I often say "oh, I have to call the vet and make an appointment" LOL