PDA

View Full Version : Live tree or wreath care

borzoimom
11-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I always put in my trees a cup of sugar and water after the cut is made to soak before setting in the house. My wreathes, also live cut and fresh like 24 hours I just put them in water. Well this year, we got one as a gift. I laid the wreath with branches down in water to soak. I do know it was fresh cut like 72 hours before. It is so pretty- I would just like to have it last longer.. Any ideas? A wreath is hard to soak the back side in water, but I used a plastic trash bag, over the box, added like a inch of water. .. How do you all care for your trees and wreathes?

Pam
11-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Unfortunately I haven't had a tree since 1997. The year before, Andy came into our lives and our ability to have a Christmas tree came to an end. He simply would not leave the ornaments, lights, etc. alone not to mention chomping on the needles. :rolleyes: Before Andy, I never did anything other than add a little water to the tree stand. I never knew to do anything else.

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 06:56 AM
This may sound silly but I put a fire place screen in front of the tree at first. After a day or two, they ignore it. Now I wouldnt leave Galina and zubin alone in the room when I was gone from the house.. ... That would be an accident waiting to happen.

Cataholic
11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately I haven't had a tree since 1997. The year before, Andy came into our lives and our ability to have a Christmas tree came to an end. He simply would not leave the ornaments, lights, etc. alone not to mention chomping on the needles. :rolleyes: Before Andy, I never did anything other than add a little water to the tree stand. I never knew to do anything else.

LOLOL. I SO feel your pain. Ally and Dakkie brought down the tree several times those first couple of years. Now? They pretty much leave the stuff alone. I do have some concerns about Gus. This cat is SO nawtee! I guess I will find out next weekend. :D

elizabethann
11-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I just hung my wreath up last night. I never knew it needed water or special care.

I just hang it up on the door and let it die.

:D

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 09:22 AM
LOL! Well I soaked mine this year at least around the base. I guess I willl find out if it works. I read somewhere about bleach or vinegar or something. I have no idea..
And I had two maine coons years back. The younger one, and bigger, thought he was a small cat, and if I can get these pictures scanned, you will see the tree leaning badly with a 20 pound cat near the top..