PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed (Good: New Job Stuff)

NoahsMommy
11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been away because I've been focused on my health for the past month or so. I haven't been working...only been going to doctors, accupuncturist, therapist, psychiatrist and have been working with my journal documenting everything healthwise.

I pretty much have a handle on things, at least enough to be able to pursue a job again. I have a plan in case I have a problem with pain that I can put into use while at work that A: no one will know about and B: that will enable me to STAY at work, feel better and thus, keep my job and attendence!

I'm happy that this is working out. :)

I've decided that I want to stay in the medical field and first battle being able to work and keep my health. If I can do that, after about a year, then I'll add a class or two for after work. I've finally realized that I have to do this at my own pace and that if I want to achieve ANYTHING at all, I have to be creative if I want to get to where I want to be.

I've been working with a company that finds jobs for people in the Medical field. Ray (my rep) got me two interviews last week and I like both positions and should hear back this week.

What I need prayers for is this. I REALLY, REALLY liked the company, people, position...EVERYTHING about the second interview I had. The only bad part is that its to tentatively replace someone that went out to have surgery and her surgery didn't "work". She *might* come back. I don't wish anything bad on her and I truly hope she's OK, I just hope that if I'm chosen for the job, well, I'm not just let go. If I'm chosen for the job and she comes back, I hope that I've done a fabulous job and they want to at least keep me for somewhere else. That is what I'm worried about. Will you all pray for me?

I know that things work out as they should and how God intends them to happen, but I also know God listens to prayer. So, will you all pray or think good thought and send good vibes??

In case you're interested, here is where my second interview was at: http://www.spinecenter.com/?ref=O
Thier building is sooooooo beautiful, inside and out. The benefits are amazing, the people seemed very cool and the company is sooo innovative.

After I got home Friday from my interview at the Spine Institute I recieved a call from Ray saying they wanted to do another phone interview - their head of nursing wasn't there and they wanted her to "meet" me too. Ray said they all really liked me (the people in the interview)...yay! I wrote some "Thank You" cards and drove them back over (with the holiday, I didn't know when they'd get them if I mailed them) and hand carried them to the interviewers. :)

Anyway, thats whats been going on with me. I hope everyone is well. I'll let you all know anything as soon as I know.

THANK YOU!!

Love you!!!

caseysmom
11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I really hope you get it Kelly, you deserve it.

Karen
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Prayers on the way!

Dorothy39
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
I sure do hope you get that job too!!!!!

Prayers are on the way .

gini
11-27-2006, 03:58 PM
It isn't that prayers are "on the way" - it is that they have never stopped.

Kelly, you deserve this so much and I hope it works out just right for you!

Your post is filled with good news and it sounds as though you are on a good path!

xxoo Gini

Logan
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Good luck, Kelly. I hope everything works out the way it "should". :)

lizbud
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
It sounds like you have a good plan of action. I wish you the very best.

RockyRoad
11-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Kelly! I'll be praying and hoping you get the job, you deserve it. I'm glad you have a plan and that the interviewers liked you, good luck! :)

NoahsMommy
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks so much, guys. :)

You really are all so wonderful to me. I don't know what I'd ever do without each and every one of you.

Hugs and LOTS of Love,
Kelly :)

P.S. I called my rep, Ray, and he told me that the 2nd employer is making a decision by 10AM tomorrow (Tuesday, Pacific time), so I'll know more then.

Yay!! If its not me, it wasn't meant to be and I'll need to keep looking. Either way, it'll all work out. :)

ramanth
11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
So many fingers, toes, and paws crossed here Kelly!!! *hugs*

shais_mom
11-27-2006, 11:44 PM
you know you are in my prayers and I hope and pray that every thing works out for the best for you!

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Kelly, you're always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything works out for you and you get the job. Good luck.:)

catnapper
11-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Good Lcuk Kelly --- all fingers, toes, whiskers are crossed here that these interviews turn into jobs. Prayers for your continued good health.

borzoimom
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
And these companies are great. After I finish my personal medical needs, I am also looking into the large hospital. ( only I am just going to do like admissions or something). I tried staying home and bored most of the time. Now I just have to wait a few more weeks, then hope to go work there even if its just part time.

slick
11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
P.S. I called my rep, Ray, and he told me that the 2nd employer is making a decision by 10AM tomorrow (Tuesday, Pacific time), so I'll know more then. Hmmmm only one more hour to wait. Good luck sweetie. I have had all my fingers and toes crossed all night and Max has his paws crossed.

**ouch** now how do I unravel myself???? :D

Sonia59
11-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh Kelly, I hope it will work. Good luck and think positive :)

NoahsMommy
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks so much for all your prayers and good thoughts! You are all so sweet! :)

OK, I'm getting sooo nervous over here!!! Its already 11:22 a.m. and I haven't heard from Ray. I think I'll call him at 11:30 a.m. if I haven't heard from him yet. I think I'm nervous because I *really* want this job.

OK, I'll let you know AS SOON as I know anything.

Thank you so much!!

Love you guys!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Karen
11-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Do let us know, we're all thinking of you!

Jadapit
11-28-2006, 01:36 PM
You will be in my thoughts! I'm sending tons of good vibes your way! :D

gini
11-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Kelly, fingers, toes, paws, whiskers all crossed over here!!

xxoo

NoahsMommy
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
OK, I called Ray at 12:15 to check in on if he heard anything.

He was sorry to report that job #1, my interview on Tuesday hired someone else. He was so sweet, he was all sad for me. I was like, "oh thank goodness! Its so OK, Ray. I got very wierd vibes from Marcie, but because you liked them so much, I didn't want to say anything."

I know that Marcie person was intimidated by me. She was the office manager and I was more than overly qualified for HER job. The job I interviewed for was for the front desk. In the interview I could tell she, I don't know...she was just really wierd. At one point she said something like, "oh, I guess you did everything at that job too, huh?" I was like, what?!?! I HAD to, I was the OFFICE MANAGER...doh! Funnily enough, I woke up WORRIED that I'd have to work for her, I was worried she was going to boss me around and I wouldn't be strong enough to talk to her about it. Wierd, huh? Well, I guess it worked itself out, huh?

The one I really, really, really ( x 100) want is the interview I had on Wednesday, with the Spine Inst. They were supposed to make their decision at 10 a.m. but when I called Ray, he said he hadn't heard from them. I wonder if that is bad news?? :( Ugh, I HATE the waiting part...

I'll update you all when I know anything else.

Hugs, Kelly :)

ramanth
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I hate the waiting part too!! Oh my fingers and toes are still crossed!! :D

Anita Cholaine
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Prayers and good vibes on the way! Hope everything works out for you :)

NoahsMommy
11-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the continued prayers, everyone! :)

I got tired of waiting, so I called Ray at 6:05 p.m. He never called me today, so I decided to call him, I mean, he knows I'm sitting here WAITING to see if the Spine Inst. wants me. (insert violin here) ;)

So, I could tell he was like, "um, STOP calling me, honey!" but I don't care. He told me that while they said they planned on making thier decision today at 10 a.m., it doesn't worry him that we havn't heard from them yet. He said he was quite confident that we'd hear from them tomorrow sometime. Ugh, great, a whole 'nother day of waiting tomorrow!! Ugh. I'll have to entertain myself somehow.

I promise to update here as soon as I know anything. In the meanwhile I've been applying to other places I've seen online that are hiring. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket, especially if some of my "eggs" don't like to use the phone!!! :rolleyes: ;)