PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...what should I...

JuniorxMyxLove
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
My choir is going caroling at a hospital in like 2-3 weeks. We are going to visit alot of people who don't get visitors alot and sing Deck the Halls[2 part], The First Noel[2 part] Snow is Falling[2 part] and a few other songs. Also, it was encouraged to make cards for the people, and I made a few last year for people in my neighborheed. The were like little snowmen and christmas trees. They were hard to make, so I was just thinking, anyone have any ideas for easy, cute, nice, holiday cards? I really want to make a few because I feel so bad that so many people have to spend their holidays alone, in a hospital.

buckner
11-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I say take the time to create the 'difficult' cards, even if it is time-consuming. Some people in hospitals and nursing homes don't have ANY family, and seeing that you took valuable time from your schedule could mean the world to them.

borzoimom
11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Juniorxmyxlove-
My grandmother passed away a little while back from altizmers. The last few months, seeing this woman that didnt know you who you were, was just awful. After she died, we found chests of christmas cards, birthdays card etc- but she kept all the handmade ones, we made as kids etc in the locker by her bed. Obviously- they meant the most to her. ...
Recently a friend wanted to know what to get his dad that had everything. I suggested that his kids make him a homemade card. HE LOVED IT!!!

Karen
11-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Easy Homemade cards:

Did you ever make paper snowflakes as a kid? Quick and easy - glue snowflakes you cut out of normal white paper over dark construction paper - you can even do small one and put a few on each card, and cut some in half on an angle and use one for the edge of one card and one for the next.

Or, get to a craft store and buy a few holiday-themed stamps and some ink pads - many cards, all unique, quickly made. And in both cases, glitter sticks can add sparkle quickly and easily!

JuniorxMyxLove
11-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Great idea, Karen. I'll try that. I would stick with the difficult ones, they're really pretty once done, but I want to make 2 dozen, and I don't have alot of time[I have almost no free time]. Happy holidays, everyone!