PDA

View Full Version : So Sad.....

critter crazy
11-27-2006, 08:02 AM
I woke up late this morning, and my son missed his bus, so I had to drive him to school. On my way back home, driving on the highwy, I saw a very sad sight....There was a gorgeous Black bear dead on the side of the road:( It was a once beautiful bear, and it just made me very sad to see it lying there. Bears are just beginning to come back around here. I love seeing bears, we have a bear that lives on our property, and i just love it when i am able to spot such a beautiful creature. I just thought I would share.:(

borzoimom
11-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh my stars that would make me sad too. I even name ours. And yes- you can tell the difference in subtle color shadings, size and weight. Last year someone wounded "Gimpy" but he survived but walked like this for about two months.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-27-2006, 08:07 AM
How heartbreaking - poor bear and I thought seeing foxes and badgers was bad enough :(

critter crazy
11-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Last year my Aunt was lucky enough to help a red Tailed Hawk that was injured on the side off the road. The Hawk was also later realeased back into the wild. last week I saw a Dead Mountain lion as well on the side of the road!! Such a Shame!

borzoimom
11-27-2006, 08:47 AM
We have heard a mountain lion, but have never seen one. That scream is blood curdling they do..

critter crazy
11-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I havent seen any by my place yet, but my aunt has two that are near her house, she is only about 10 miles away from me.