PDA

View Full Version : Death threat toward dogs

weirdo27
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Got a written death threat toward the dogs today cause we have someone new to the house that lets the dogs go run around the neighbourhood. Well the letter says something about the neighbours are sick of seeing our dogs around. Speaking for other people cause most of them love our dogs. Letter continues that they contacted an attorney. Than next paragraph down it says nah an attorney wouldn't be worth our time so next time we see your dogs out we are just gonna shoot them and it will be perfectly within our right for the dogs being on our property.

So thats interesting not sure if we can do anything. I think thats a threatning letter toward the household but whatever.

belterv
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Oh my god thats terrible! :eek: They can't just go around shooting dogs... :mad:

Karen
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
You need to train the "new person" to never let the dogs run loose. To do so is to risk them getting hit by cars, never mind shot.

weirdo27
11-26-2006, 10:15 PM
The new person we have over lost his wife and lost his job and money so we are trying not to put stress on him at all but we finally had to about this. That would be terrible if they got hit by a car.

Giselle
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Having his dogs shot is adding unnecessary stress. Confine the dogs and save your neighbors and yourselves a nightmare. Honestly, if those dogs were running around in my neighborhood, I would have called the AC a loooong time ago.

wolf_Q
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I do NOT appreciate dogs running loose in my neighborhood, and I'm a dog lover. I don't agree with someone threatening to harm your dogs, but you really need to consider how inconsiderate it is to let them loose onto others property, not to mention it is not safe for the dogs. So there IS something you can do about it, and that is keep your dogs at home.

weirdo27
11-27-2006, 01:05 AM
That is exactly what we are doing. One of the dogs needs farther training and we bought a shock collar for the dog even though im sure alot of people dont agree with this kind of treatment to keep her from running if she gets nervous.

I agree with people being upset and I think they should of called animal control or come right over to the house and explain politely. I just think the manner of writing threatful letters is inapropriate.

Kalei
11-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Wow, that's not good, its sad that people resort so quickly to violence, specially towards animals. This happened to my friend too, except her dogs hadn't even been on his property, he was just lying trying to be cruel to her and luckily the lawyer people knew that he was lying and she got to keep her dogs no prob! And even had a restraining act put on that person. Anyways, hopefully nothing will happen and the dogs won't get on that persons property again.