PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing! *UPDATE&pics&vids added 11/27*

belterv
11-26-2006, 04:50 PM
It's snowing! Can you believe it? It's snowing here! YAY!! :D

Chilli
11-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Not fair. ;__;
I can't see it snowing here for a while.. we took the dogs to a park today and it was actually semi-hot.
Ah well. Enjoy your snow while I envy you! :D

belterv
11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Hehehe...

Now it's sticking! Yay! :D

dukedogsmom
11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Uh, where are the pics? We Florida people need to see some snow. I still miss it. You're so lucky.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM
It's been snowing here for a while now (off and on since the end of Sept.), but it is much too cold to go outside and enjoy it this weekend. I'm glad to see that you're enjoy yours though!

joycenalex
11-26-2006, 05:25 PM
it was 69 here today. i raked leaves, pulled out the dead flowers, and mulched the new tree against the soon to come snow. you can enjoy it for awhile :D

belterv
11-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Now it's really coming down HARD AND WHITE!
The pictures don't show as much as I see with my eyes, but in an hour or so it'll be enough to get us out of school! :D Hopefully.
I hope we get a snowy Christmas this year!

I will take some more pictures in 30 minutes to an hour and you'll see its gonna be an inch ^^
My brother is asking me to go outside and make a snowman with him :p I'm telling him there isn't enough yet!

For some reason when we were driving I knew it was going to snow!

Yay!

borzoimom
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh wow- all we have had lately is snow flurries. I know it can snow heavy in these mountains, but nothing yet- send it this way!!! BORZOIS LOVE THE SNOW!

belterv
11-26-2006, 05:42 PM
I went out there in my tee to get pictures for you, so be happy ;) I'm frozen lol
Yes, I know I went overboard with pics!

Chilli
11-26-2006, 05:44 PM
*is envious*
Why can't it be snowing here in Arkansas?! The snow looks so enviting.
Hehe, you're so lucky. :D

belterv
11-26-2006, 05:44 PM
OK here are the last three
I will go out again soon to take some more

borzoimom
11-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I love snow! Here are some pictures last year of our last blizzard we had.
Man I wish it would start here. Its cold enough- but no snow in the forecast or my knee either.. lol

Danegirl2208
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
*sighs*...im jealous

belterv
11-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Now its coming down fast and in BIIIG snowflakes. Its freezing outside, too lol
Dont worry I will get more pictures in a minute

I love snow! Here are some pictures last year of our last blizzard we had.
Man I wish it would start here. Its cold enough- but no snow in the forecast or my knee either.. lol
Oh my god borzoimom you were so lucky that would have been so much fun! It would have been like drowning in snow, lol!

borzoimom
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
My dogs love snow! I have to keep collars on them when they go out, as they lay in the snow and will NOT come in! And of course- who could forget this video of Zubin as a puppy running into a 3 foot snow bank and keep on trucking! View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=49h50g8)

belterv
11-26-2006, 06:32 PM
borzoimom, they must have been having the time of their lives!!

I just went out again (this time in my warm winter coat!) and its been piling up, well at least a little... I got like 13-14 pictures that I need to share! Sadly no pics of Sandy playin in the snow because shes scared of it :rolleyes:

the last pic in this one i think is awesome!!

borzoimom
11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I sent you a pm.. I know some hate the snow, but I love it. If nothing else, my knee doesnt ache.. lol.. But my Russian dogs love it.

belterv
11-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Here are some more, and a few more coming next. My head is soaking since all the snow melted on my head lol

belterv
11-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Ok these are the last pics for the night and if it keeps snowing over night I will put some more up. I doubt it will melt if it stops snowing because the sky is really grey and its freezing outside.

I sent you a pm.. I know some hate the snow, but I love it. If nothing else, my knee doesnt ache.. lol.. But my Russian dogs love it.
Ok, I'll take a look at it as soon as I am done posting these last pics for the night

kimlovescats
11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
How lucky you are! I love the snow too!

Borzoimom, I love the video! Three foot snow drifts? :eek:

borzoimom
11-26-2006, 06:54 PM
How lucky you are! I love the snow too!

Borzoimom, I love the video! Three foot snow drifts? :eek:
Poor puppy crashed right into it.. rofl.. Yes- 3 foot! He was 34 at the head and wiped out- we measured at a little over 3 foot drift. His feet sunk, and he sank, and flopped like a fish to get out of it. You can hear my laughter on the video.. I am sorry- but it was so funny!!!!! And he kept on trucking!

belterv
11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Poor puppy crashed right into it.. rofl.. Yes- 3 foot! He was 34 at the head and wiped out- we measured at a little over 3 foot drift. His feet sunk, and he sank, and flopped like a fish to get out of it. You can hear my laughter on the video.. I am sorry- but it was so funny!!!!! And he kept on trucking!
LOL he must have been TOO cute! My computer wont let me view the video for some reason. *frowns*

borzoimom
11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
attaching by pm..

belterv
11-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Its still snowing! Its up to about an inch now after an hour or so. The cement is really sludgy but the grass like sticks to your feet because of the snow lol

GreyhoundGirl
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Where is it you live, anyways? I'm so jealous, who wouldn't prefer snow over rain. Sure, you've got to shovel it... but it isn't nearly as wet and depressing.

belterv
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Where is it you live, anyways? I'm so jealous, who wouldn't prefer snow over rain. Sure, you've got to shovel it... but it isn't nearly as wet and depressing.
The place that usually has all the rain, and had tons of killer floods just last month, Washington.

GreyhoundGirl
11-26-2006, 08:00 PM
The place that usually has all the rain, and had tons of killer floods just last month, Washington.

lol, well, now we're getting our share of the rain. The water level is so high. Everything is flooded over, guess that's what you get from non stop rain since about August. I hate rain... The sky is so dark and gloomy.

belterv
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
It is really coming down hard now. The news just issued a warning. The back porch is covered in 2 inches. Its no longer slush! The bird bath I took a picture of earlier is now no longer able to see. I went outside and it was a beautiful sight. Its a shame the camera doesnt have the eye of a person. I tried getting the beautiful picture but it didnt turn out good.

My mom is in freak out mode because my sister is out driving around with her boyfriend she just called her boyfriend and told him to get her home NOW. It is so beautiful! I am going to take a video in a moment.

lol, well, now we're getting our share of the rain. The water level is so high. Everything is flooded over, guess that's what you get from non stop rain since about August. I hate rain... The sky is so dark and gloomy.
I hate it too, most of the time. Unless it is Florida rain... which is warm and it rains when the sky is blue :D I love Florida rain, and if I lived there I wouldn't miss it a day because it rains everyday, summer or winter! Snow, I love it even more!!!

belterv
11-26-2006, 08:17 PM
OK heres the 2 videos.. the first one is in the backyard and the second is in the front yard ...
sorry i cant resist! i am gonna go out and get more pics

belterv
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
ok i know i am going overboard with the pics, promise these will be the last FOR THE NIGHT, but there will be more tommorow! hopefully of sandy in the snow =D Oh and speaking on sandy i am going to have some new pictures of her up by the end of the week

Lizzie
11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Where are you in Washington state? I'm about 25 miles north of Seattle and I'm looking out at snow laden trees in my garden right now. When I saw it at 10am, I was so relieved that I'd taken heed of a nagging feeling that I should go out yesterday to PetsMart and not today. I had to haul my trash can up the steep drive only partly filled and then fill it by the road because I'd have slid down with it otherwise.

We just had a few power blips - please don't let it go out. I have a very elderly cat that needs plenty of heat.

The trash can that I put out at about 3pm now has a couple of inches of snow on it.

Come back rain!!

belterv
11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
It has stopped snowing but every drop of snow from before is still here and I guarantee it will start snowing again (well...i hope so!)
Lizzie, I am about 25 miles west of Seattle.
I know I said no more pics for today.....
I saw two beautiful black labs outside and posted the pics in Dog general
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1674375#post1674375
but will post some here, too. To view the rest of the videos and pictures go to Meggie Mae & Lola playing in the snow (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1674377#post1674377) .

belterv
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM
And here is a pic of the backyard right now. Gettin thick, eh?

Flatcoatluver
11-26-2006, 09:11 PM
It's been snowing here in WA ever since about 6 o'clock yesterday night. The snow is all the way up to my knees, and the dogs have such a difficult time running into it. :)

Danegirl2208
11-26-2006, 09:11 PM
looks like they are having a blast!..whos the white dog? almost looks like a dane :)

belterv
11-26-2006, 09:14 PM
It's been snowing here in WA ever since about 6 o'clock yesterday night. The snow is all the way up to my knees, and the dogs have such a difficult time running into it. :)
Really? Where are you located? Has school been out for a while??

looks like they are having a blast!..whos the white dog? almost looks like a dane :)
Thats another one of the neighbors dogs. A white pittie mix (possibly mixed with dane come to think of it), he didnt stay out long though so I couldnt get any pictures of him. His name is Riley.

Flatcoatluver
11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Really? Where are you located? Has school been out for a while??
Call me chicken, but I am not comforble with saying exctly where I am located. They havn't had any school reports that I know of, but I don't really pay attention because I don't go to public school :p

belterv
11-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Its now really lightly snowing and not sticking. Its snowing so lightly you cant see it and can barely feel it

Call me chicken, but I am not comforble with saying exctly where I am located. They havn't had any school reports that I know of, but I don't really pay attention because I don't go to public school :p
Okay, well me neither so I wont call you chicken ;). Well are you comfortable on saying how far away you are from Seattle? For example I am about 20 miles west of Seattle.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
11-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Since yesterday afternoon, we have gotten over 12 inches of snow. Here are a few pictures...

belterv
11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Its still snowing, it did not snow last night though so some melted. Its snowing hard and in medium sized clumps. But we are supposed to get 2 more inches over night. I went to school today and its really deep over there, its not as deep here at my house though.

CrazyCatLover, you are very lucky! If only we had that much here too.

belterv
11-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I was just outside and the snow is getting DEEP. I think we are going to have another Ice Age like we had a few years ago, since the snow is coming so early. I got some pics & 2 vids. Here...

belterv
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Yes in the first to last picture the snowball is going for my little brother, but dont worry, i purposly made it so it would miss him.