PDA

View Full Version : More job hunting questions....

catnapper
11-26-2006, 02:59 PM
I am still on the job hunt *sigh*

There's an ad in today's Sunday paper that I am perfect for...well, my experience is perfect, and I have worked with this company in the past. I know the owner, Jon, pretty well - if he does not call me, it is because my last boss spoke ill of me after I left. I have not spoken to Jon in 3 years. Question is how do I speak with Jon now that I want a job with him? He KNOWS I left the last job under bad circumstances. I talked to him about it at the time. I am sure my exboss also gave this guy his side of the story. Its such a sticky situation :(

Then.... their ad in the paper asks that I send along salary requirements. How do I ad that in my coever letter? I don't want to say I'd work $X a year when they might be willing to pay $Y. Can I just say salary is negotiable?

joycenalex
11-26-2006, 05:05 PM
send your resume with a cover letter expressing pleasure that you are looking forward to seeing jon again. for the salary requirement bit, one sentence saying that it's negotiable should be enough. some companies do that as a weeding out factor. here's hoping for you!

kimlovescats
11-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Maybe you should call Jon and speak with him personally. Explain to him that it wasn't the job that was the "problem". If you were on good terms with HIM before, then I don't see why he would hold that against you?

I agree that you should just put "salary negotiable" in your resume / cover letter!

GOOD LUCK, Kim! ;)