PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh -- guess what we got today!

catnapper
11-26-2006, 12:07 PM
I just had to post what we got from Freecycle this morning: a FREE 53" HD TV!!! OMG, its gorgeous and works great -- the kids were playing video games on it this morning (my SIL's kids are here overnight) There's a slight problem that needs to be fixed - the left side has a bit of double images - and we'll get it fixed after Christmas. It'll cost us $350 to fix but compared to $1,500 for a new tv its a drop in the bucket! Hubby's grinning from ear to ear over *his* new TV.

Everyone keeps asking me how someone could just give away a perfectly good expensive TV, and hubby said you should have seen what they replaced it with.... a 60+ inch plasma TV is hanging on the wall :rolleyes: Hey, what is trash to them is definately treasure to us!

People, anyone who has NOT checked out freecycle.org needs to do so now! In the past month, I also got a new end table, a ton of baby clothes (which Ashley thought were "ugly") and a HUGE Little Tikes jungle gym for outside in the spring. I also gave things away like my old sweaters and the "ugly" baby clothes (I feel you need to be charitable where you can if you're receiving charity)

kimlovescats
11-26-2006, 12:20 PM
That is AWESOME! I use the two local freecycle groups here as well. In fact yesterday a lady came and picked up a fireplace set from me that we never use! ;)

caseysmom
11-26-2006, 12:24 PM
We have a huge 48 inch tv sitting in our family room because it wasn't worth fixing but it still works..the colors go funny though...hmmm maybe someone will want it....

Zippy
11-26-2006, 02:48 PM
That is great.I will have to check this freecycle out. :cool:

jenluckenbach
11-26-2006, 03:25 PM
So whatcha gonna do with your OLD tv??? ;)

GreyhoundGirl
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
AWEsome ! ( :p ) I should definetly check it out.

elizabethann
11-26-2006, 08:06 PM
What?! I go on Freecycle everyday and have never seen anything like that around here! You are so lucky!! Cool beans!!!

ramanth
11-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Congratulations! I've heard of Freecycle but never checked to see if we have one locally. :)

anna_66
11-27-2006, 09:35 AM
That is very cool.

Just yesterday we gave away our old 32" TV to a girl I work with. They were very happy to have it. I love giving things to people who appreciate them.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Wonder if we have anything like that over here???