PDA

View Full Version : Again! :(

catnapper
11-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Poor Pouncer is straining again.

*Sigh*

At least this time I know its from stress.... we had too many people here thursday for his comfort and all my neices and nephews slept over last night (and of course spent half the night trying to convince him he wanted to play :rolleyes: )

I'll start him on valium and hopefully that will relax him enough to pee soon. I hate having him drugeed up but it did work last time.

orangemm
11-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Poor boy...doesn't like crowds at all, does he? Some animals really do feel the stress more than others.

Binky HATES company. He'll get to the point where he'll tolerate folks, but then he loses it. My daughter, her husband, and 3 of the girls came down this summer and he was 'all right' with them until the 4th day. He started meowing and wouldn't stop. He NEVER meows. He stopped when they left. Guess that is the signal for people to leave? :D ;)

jenluckenbach
11-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Next time (I think) give him the valium BEFORE the company comes. :( Poor uptight boy.

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that he's having this problem again.:( At least now you know what's causing it and how to treat it. I think that Jen gave you a very good suggestion. I hope he feels better soon.

kimlovescats
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Poor little guy! I hope the valium works! He's like me, gets anxiety around a lot of people! ;)

catmandu
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I think that a lot of people want Cats to be Dogs and come when they are called and play.
We hope that Pouncer is feeling better soon, and doesnt realize that Christmas will soon be upon him.

catcrazylady
11-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Geez Kim I'm so sorry to hear that Pouncer is having problems again. :( What a shame for him and for you. I know it worries you to see him go through this.

Does Pouncer come out around people by choice or does he have no where to hide? I ask because most of my cats are never seen when we have company. They have the whole upstairs as their safe and quiet place so they don't get stressed.

I hope the valium works soon for both your sakes. Bless his heart.

catnapper
11-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Does Pouncer come out around people by choice or does he have no where to hide? I ask because most of my cats are never seen when we have company. They have the whole upstairs as their safe and quiet place so they don't get stressed.

Pouncer's a strange boy. One moment he's out and about on hhis own accord, then next he's hiding. I pretty much let him do what he wants because I kow how he stresses. Take yesterday for instance, He ran and hid from the kids one moment then was out and playing with the feather teaser the next. If you've ever seen how a 7 year old boy plays with a feather teaser you know it was not the gentlest playtime around.

The girls on the other hand have been hiding under my bed for the past few days. They only come out when the kids are asleep (the kids are still here... their mom and dad are enjoying some time away from their kids, I for one am not loving all the noise and mess! :eek: )

ramanth
11-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Poor guy. :( Chipper isn't doing too well from the holiday either.

I hope Pouncer feels better soon.

rg_girlca
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Poor Pouncer. I hope you feel better real soon. Maybe meowmie should take some valium also. ;)

I pray that all goes back to normal once the little guests have left.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Our zazou hates visitors too! When we know we will get some, we let her play upstairs or in our bedroom: better prevent than heal...

Kirsten
11-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Poor Pouncer!!! :( I'm sorry to hear he had stress.

My vet said that when a cat has already had a lot of trouble with medical related bladder problems, it sometimes showing the same reaction under stress, like a mixture of a medical and mental condition.

Hope Pouncer will feel more relaxed soon. Lily is sending lots of purrs to him!

Kirsten

catnapper
11-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I hate my life right now. Seriously.

Now I not only have a stoned cat, but he's also got blood in his urine.

There's NO WAY I can take him to the vet right now. I owe hundreds of dollars in car payments, medical, and now the government wants tax money I do NOT have.

Excuse me while I go back into hiding. :(

jenluckenbach
11-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, try not to panic. :( Maybe the irritation from straining is causing the blood.

Prayers for you and Pouncer.

catfamily
11-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I hate my life right now. Seriously.

Now I not only have a stoned cat, but he's also got blood in his urine.

There's NO WAY I can take him to the vet right now. I owe hundreds of dollars in car payments, medical, and now the government wants tax money I do NOT have.

Excuse me while I go back into hiding. :(
OMG!I'm so sorry.This is NOT good!I know how you feel.I'm up to my eye balls in vet bills and we are behind in everything because of all we do for the cats.If we didn't have these cats we'd probably have a low mortgage right now.But we're in trouble too and neither one of us can work anymore. :(
I'm so sorry your going through this.
Prayers for your poor Pouncer,and you guys too.You'll need it.

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh dear ... hang in there, Kim!

((((hugs))))
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Kim, I sure hope that it's nothing serious.:( I hope that Pouncer feels better soon.