PDA

View Full Version : Precious Is Not Cooperating . She Has Removed And

catmandu
11-25-2006, 08:32 PM
RUINED THE COLLAR, AND WILL NOT KEEP HER BANDAGES ON AT ALL.
WE JUST HAVE TO PRAY THAT SHE WILL NOT RAKE HER EAR OPEN.
PLEASE PRAY FOR MY STUBBORN LITTLE MEEZER.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats530.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Gary, I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully she won't reinjure her ear. You may want to call your vet and let him know what's going on. I hope that she'll recover quickly and that everything will go well.

kittycats_delight
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh Precious...baby baby girl. Don't cause yourself more stress and pain by ripping open your ear. Please do leave it be so it can heal.

Gary are you using an antibacterial ointment?

catmandu
11-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I have to ask the Vet waht to use, as I dont want to put the wrong thing and make it worse.
This is going to be a nervous time until things are healed up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats530.jpg

Catty1
11-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Hopefully you can get something like a numbing spray to put on her ear, like a local anesthetic. You might even be able to get people-brand stuff from the drugstore.

Those meezers certainly have a mind of their own, don't they? And of COURSE, she had to remove this collar on the weekend! :D

I hope she heals soon and leaves her ear alone. At least it has had a day or two to heal....

Sonia59
11-26-2006, 04:38 AM
Oh no, Precious, keep quiet please! I feel the pain for her, poor girl :( I hope it will not be worse

CultureJunky
11-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Oh precious! Please you have to be patient, we know it hurts and itches and it's really annoying you but it'll soon start to get a whole lot better. Your pawpie looks after you so well and you have to reward him by helping yourself get better.
I really hope it doesn't stress you out too much Gary, and I'm thinking of Precious today.

orangemm
11-26-2006, 10:01 AM
She's obviously a very determined girl. Maybe it was just too much for her, having that danged thing around her neck; I know it would drive me bananas.

Is she picking at her ear??

heidiv
11-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Precious- Please keep your ear safe... I understand totally what you are going through my 6 month old siamese Paris just was spayed and I am having a heck of a time trying to keep her still. Being that Precious is a little bit older siamese I bet she is even more active...... Give her big hugs from our meezer loving family and our thoughts will be with you at this more than difficult time. You can't help but love those little meezers to peices but they are really hard to keep still when they need to heal.

momcat
11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey there Precious, I know you're uncomfortable with that thing around your neck and your sore ear. It's only for a little while until your ear is all better. You know that your Daddy loves you and would never do anything that isn't good for you. Your Daddy and all your friends here at PT (hoomins and your fellow kitties) only want you to get better. Even with the bandages and that cone around your neck you are still very beautiful! What do you say sweetie, will you give them a chance to make you better?

Russian Blue
11-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I remember when Nakita had one of those collars on and she did not like it one bit. Precious, you need that ear to heal so some discomfort with that collar right now is needed.

kimlovescats
11-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Come on Precious, now be a good girl for Daddy! Gary, if you can at least keep ALL of her claws clipped short, that would help! Wish I had better advice!

Kim

catmandu
11-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Thank You for the kind words.
My ear hurts and I will leave it alone if Dad doesnt put that thing on me, or stuff on my ear.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats534.jpg
If my ear doesnt itch I will leave it be.
Its nice to have My Human Dad paying this much attention to me, I love the Jazz Station he leaves on.
Precious The Cat!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats535.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats533.jpg

Catty1
11-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Good girl, Precious. You leave your ear alone. I am sure you will gently bathe it when you wash your face, and keep it clean.

Now don't be worrying your Pawpie any more...he loves you very much. He gave you your name, dear Precious!

Get well soon, pretty girl! :)

catmandu
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
AND I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPURTUNITY TO THANK HELEN DOUGLAS OF THE ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION WHO HAS TAKEN TIME TO HELP ME PILL PRECIOUS AND GIVE ME SUCH GOOD ADVICE.
AND MARIE FROM THE WOUND CLINIC WHO GAVE ME WIPES AND SWABS AND A LITTLE SOCK TO PROTECT THAT LITTLE EAR.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats533.jpg

heidiv
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh, Precious you poor baby :( :( I think you should be able to leave that annoying collar off as long as you don't pick on your little ear. Your daddy is so nice he feels your pain. Heal fast little girl here are some hugs to get you through.((((((((Hugs)))))))) Get well soon sweet little meezer!

catcrazylady
11-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Poor poor Precious! That looks so painful. :eek: Gary it sounds like you have lots of wonderful people helping you care for Precious. That is so nice!

One of the things we use at the shelter to help wound healing is honey. If you can put honey on the wound two or three times a day it really speeds up the healing process. Our vet at the shelter had us start using it and I was amazed at how wonderful it worked. Plus it doesn't burn or sting and it won't hurt her if she manages to get it on her and licks it off! ;)

rg_girlca
11-27-2006, 12:02 PM
OOOUUUCCCHHHYYY!!!! Poor sweet Precious. That does look painful.
I'm so glad that you are getting such wonderful help with Precious.

Prayers on the way that Precious leaves her boo-boo alone and has a full and speedy recovery.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2006, 12:22 PM
OUCH !!!
Poor sweet Precious, it all looks so painful...

I too would ask the vet for advize!

cassiesmom
11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Come on Precious, now be a good girl for Daddy!

Please, meezer sugar, please let it heal for your dad, we promise it will feel better very soon [[[precious]]]