PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen?

Edwina's Secretary
06-13-2002, 10:06 AM
Normally I click on Pettalk and here I am. Sometime though I am "kicked off." This happened again yesterday. I got on in the morning and -- as usual just leave Pettalk on in one screen as I go about my day -- checking in periodically. In the afternoon -- I had become a guest. Signed off and when I turned things back on this morning I still wasn't signed in. It took me a while to remember how (when you don't do something often these old brain cells don't retain it well.)

Why and is there something I can do to prevent this?

sasvermont
06-13-2002, 10:14 AM
I bet Edwina has been "playing around" with your computer while you were not looking. Have you asked her about it?

Maybe the system was reset by the PetTalk persons in charge...?

It happens to me when I log on from a new computer site.

Check with Edwina first though.

;) :D

Former User
06-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Do you have cookies on on your comp?

gini
06-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Sara, this has happened to me as well. I have discovered two reasons (at least I think I have). If I have deleted my cookies, my automatic sign in to Pet Talk has been deleted as well.

Also, if I just leave my computer on Pet Talk - eventually it will take me off and I have to sign in again.

I actually keep a small notebook on hand with all of my passwords and identifications.

Yeah, I know - all that stuff is hard to remember isn't it. I am doing good to remember my alarm code and my ATM pin.

Life is getting complicated with all of these names and numbers to remember.

Randi
06-13-2002, 10:42 AM
A good point, Niina!

If you have deleted your Temperary Internetfiles, you will have to log on again, but if you've just left it all open, I can't see what could cause the problem.

I'm sure Karen or Paul can answer this. ;)

Like sasvermont said: You better check with Edwina!! :D :D

06-13-2002, 01:44 PM
hey , now I understand why I have to re-enter sometimes : because I did delete those temporary files !!!!:rolleyes: :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
06-13-2002, 02:27 PM
First, I must admit (shhhhh...) I do most of my Pettalking at work while Edwina is at home sleeping and Edwina appears to do most of hers at night at home while I am sleeping. So she is probably not be the culprit.

Now about these cookies...all I can think of is a joke that starts off with a man who goes to his lawyer for a divorce. The lawyer says..."Do you have ground?" "Couple acres outside of town" the man replies. The lawyer says, "Does she beat you up?" "No, I ususally get up about an hour before she does....."

So my answer to "Do I have cookies on my computer?" is ..."Two candy bars and a banana but no cookies."

Dixieland Dancer
06-13-2002, 03:26 PM
WOW! Where do you store the Candy Bars???? I need to learn to have my puter store those yummy things for mid afternoon munchie attacks!!! LOL :D

Rachel
06-14-2002, 07:08 AM
Candy bars.....did somebody say they had candy bars???

sasvermont
06-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I can just picture it

c:/candybars.food

hehehehehhehehe

AmberLee
06-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
...Sometime though I am "kicked off." This happened again yesterday. ...

It happens to me a lot, particularly when I'm leaving one forum for another. It was bad a few months ago, and then got better. Recently it's been happening a couple times a day again. Guess it's proof I hang out here too much... ;) :rolleyes: :eek: