PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with ideas?

angelbow20
11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
ANy body have any good idea of home remedies i can give my son? He is getting a croopy cough (sp.) and and has a really bad runny nose. I want to give him something for his coughing because he never gets sleep, throws up like crazy from coughing so much, get bad fevers and never eats. So any ideas on what really helps get rid of the cough and runny nose for a 3 yr old?

belterv
11-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Umm... Peptobizmo? lol I think thats how you spell it...
sorry your son is sick :(

Daisy and Delilah
11-25-2006, 07:29 PM
I hope I'm not out of line but I strongly recommend taking him to the doctor as soon as you can. It sounds like he needs the help of a professional. I hope he feels better soon. Poor little guy :(

kittycats_delight
11-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I hope I'm not out of line but I strongly recommend taking him to the doctor as soon as you can. It sounds like he needs the help of a professional. I hope he feels better soon. Poor little guy :( I was thinking the exact same thing but couldn't think of a way of not being rude because (sorry if this offends you) but my first thought was " well here's a thought...take him to a doctor." I mean that was my first thought and he isn't my son so I thought it would naturally be a mothers first thought especially if her son isn't eating, sleeping and is vomitting. But hey that's just me.

critter crazy
11-25-2006, 08:01 PM
The last time my son was acting like that i rushed him to the hiospital, because he was coughing horribly and throwing up as well. They had to give him IV fluids because he was so dehydrated, they also gave him antibiotcs and i had to give him Pedialyte for a week after! I would take him to the doctors! please!

Vela
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree, he needs to see a doctor. Also, do you smoke? If you do, this could contribute to his problems. If you don't, then he really really needs to see a doctor, actually he should see one anyway, but smoking can greatly contribute to coughing, runny noses, and getting sick easily. Hope he gets better soon.

angelbow20
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Well he hasnt thrown up this time at all, and he has had plnety of fluids. its croup cough im sure but i was just wondering if there was anything around the house or a special cough medicine that would help, I usaully do take him to the doctors but they usaully dont do much or even anything for it and tell me to let him run its course or give him a breathing treatment if its get pretty bad buts not nearly as bad as usual atleast yet anyway so he wouldnt even get a treament. I never smoked or do I smoke at all so I know its nothing to do with smoking.

luvofallhorses
11-25-2006, 10:23 PM
why don't you take him to a doctor ???

Karen
11-25-2006, 11:22 PM
A croup cough is nothing to mess with, I'd take him in, as you don't want to risk pneumonia, or even croup itself, it can have serious consequences in a wee one.

Soup - hot soup - is good, as the steam helps airways, and of course a pharmacy has a million and one cold remedy things, but as you said it sounds "croupy" I would take him in.

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2006, 12:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your son is so sick.:( When my bother used to get this,my mom would set up a vaporizer in his room and this helped a lot. I would take him to the doctor first though.