PDA

View Full Version : Goodness, Night In Afternoon!

sandragonfly
11-25-2006, 04:10 PM
today it got dark at the earliest, 4:42PM.. :eek: I never liked nights...boooring! everybody goes to bed - not much to chat with, most shops are closed, too late (unsafe) to walk crayola at this usual time and that means more electric bills for us. :( I'm definitely not a night person. :p

gets dark really early there for you too?

dogzr#1
11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
It's been getting dark a lot earlier, but not that early! It gets dark at around 6 or so. I don't like it because it makes me feel like I have only a little bit of time to get stuff done. I was used to it getting dark at 8pm and by then I'm already finished with homework and everything.

borzoimom
11-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes- not only that- I have to get the dogs in a out earlier in the evening now before the wild life shows up I cant see. The one positive is that its darker later in the morning, and its easier not to go to bed so early when the sun is still out.
As far as lights- our great room is the main of our house but still we flourescent types- lots of different styles- cheaper, last longer etc.

sandragonfly
11-25-2006, 04:40 PM
yeah, gladly I'm out of school for now so I'd take some time to adjust night in afternoon before it starts again! doing homework at night wasn't fun and easy.

borzoi, I like to converse electricity and use candles! I'm not just used to no-light house, especially getting dark this early lately since my friend (housemate) is in hospital.

it also gets colder earlier too... I've gotta put layers of sweaters on and drag in them until I go bed at midnight! :p

kittycats_delight
11-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Ah Gina I love the nighttime cause it is sooo quiet. We live in a bi-family home. And unfortunately the other family (the owners) have screaming matches during the day. This happens twice a day everyday. Not too peaceful to say the least so nighttime is my refuge. It gets late very early here in Italy too. Around 4:30pm. Today we went to the butchers to get some duck meat for a special Italian dish and it was a little before 4:30 and it was already dark but today all day was quite a dark day. I do love the sun too especially when it is cold. It gives me the false sense of warmth. LOL I hate cold weather.

critter crazy
11-25-2006, 05:45 PM
I hate it!! I just acnt get anything done at all before it gets dark. My poor chickens hate having to run in the coop by 4;30 before it gets dark. I hate driving in the dark, due to my bad eye, and unfortunately it is hard to avoid! Either i stay home, or have to drive i the dark. Winter stinks! I cannot wait for spring!!!:D

borzoimom
11-25-2006, 05:48 PM
yeah, gladly I'm out of school for now so I'd take some time to adjust night in afternoon before it starts again! doing homework at night wasn't fun and easy.

borzoi, I like to converse electricity and use candles! I'm not just used to no-light house, especially getting dark this early lately since my friend (housemate) is in hospital.

it also gets colder earlier too... I've gotta put layers of sweaters on and drag in them until I go bed at midnight! :p
Try those floursecent lights- they dont just come in tubes- and can be quite decorative and use the same electricity as 4 regular 60 watt bulbs. A 15watt flourscent bulb gives out the of the 60 watt regular bulb but uses obviously 1/4 the watts to run it. A 23 watt flouscent bulb is the same in lighting as a 100 watt bulb.
The bulbs are expensive at initial cost but lasts longer and one light saves energy. We cut our electric bill by over a 125 dollars a month, and it was all lights. No kidding.. !! ( my husband has masters licenses in several areas.)
Also- if you have a heat pump, if you leave the fan on "on", it will circulate the heat better without tripping the heat pump. This will move the heat from the sun lite room. Also- change your filter in your heat pump monthly keeping it cleaner and it will run better moving more heated air. The longer the pump has to run the more electricity it uses.. And turning off a light when you leave the room DOES NOT use more electricity to turn it on and off. A watt is a watt..

Husky_mom
11-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I totally know what you mean.............you wanna go somewhere and itīs ĄĄdark!!............so you donīt even want to go then............and they think it saves you on electricity.......my $%$&..............you gotta leave them on longer.........

I hate it............but it would be worth if it snows this year..........(we havenīt had snow since i was a kid............too many years LOL.... well we did have one like 1 yr ago but mostly just "featherings")