PDA

View Full Version : A black stray cat

Lando
06-12-2002, 10:10 PM
A few days ago, I was looking for Cloey, when Misty discovered a huge black stray cat under our old wood deck on the side of our house! Misty ran under and got it to climb up on the fence, but it did not run off. Instead it hissed at Misty and ran into the vent on the side of the house. I don't know how it broke, but it did. So I have found out that it has been living under the deck and in the vent. There is two problems with this. The first one is that the cat is huge. It is the biggest cat I have seen alive. My kitten, Cloey is starting to explore our backyard and she will eventually go on the side of the house where the stray cat is. She may get into a cat fight and get hurt badly. My parent s said to block the vent with something until they can get it fixed, but I worry that the stray cat may be in there or some other cat. And if I block the vent, the cats that may be in there could get stuck and strave. I have always worried about this, but I am very worried now. Please give me some advice.

By the way, I could tell it was stray because it was very mean and wild. Usually, cats that are owned are better behaved.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-13-2002, 12:17 AM
POOR KITTY :(
I have a stray at my house now too :( He used to have a home though, which makes me sooo sad... how can anyone dump their kitty out on the streets :( . I hope I can catch him!! GOOD LUCK with your stray situation too..

mruffruff
06-13-2002, 12:33 PM
Can you borrow a cat trap? Usually a shelter will have one, but you might have to leave a deposit until you return the cage.

If you can get one, put it near the vent and put sardines in it for bait.

What would you do with it if you can catch it?

I have three cats that I trapped. I had them neutered and immunized and then let them back out into my yard. They are getting much friendlier now that I've been feeding them.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Mary

06-13-2002, 02:03 PM
I would try to get a trap ; once you have caught the stray ,I would have it examined and thenlook for a good home !!
success !

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Sam's My Baby
06-13-2002, 02:07 PM
Yes, I would also get a trap. Use a good lure such as tuna or other tasty fish. I hope it goes well. :)