PDA

View Full Version : I don't usually ask this......

CatLuvrs
11-23-2006, 09:33 AM
but I need prayers bad. I lost my job, I am losing my apartment and have no where to go. This stinks so bad. I am looking for a new job but not feeling to good about myself. The reason I got fired was they didn't think I was strong enough. That hurts after all the stuff I have been through. I think I am very strong. I just don't know what I am going to do. Sorry if I sound like I am haivng a pitty party on myself I don't mean too. All I could think about is Marissa's Christmas and how I am going to get her presents out of lay-a-way. I hope something happens soon.

jenluckenbach
11-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Prayers and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you.

Dorothy39
11-23-2006, 10:11 AM
That's so terrible , and I'm so sorry that you have lost your job ~ :(

{{{{HUGS}}} and Prayers for you and Marissa~

Pembroke_Corgi
11-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm so sorry. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

K9soul
11-23-2006, 10:32 AM
I am so very sorry you are going through such a devastating and stressful situation. You will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

joycenalex
11-23-2006, 10:46 AM
kind thoughts, prayers and (((HUGS))) for you.

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry you're going through this. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope things turn around for you soon.

AbbyMom
11-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Prayers for you on the way.

Daisy and Delilah
11-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that you're having so many problems. My heart goes out to you. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way from us here in Florida. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Alysser
11-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hadn't seen you around here in awhile, and I guess this is why. I'm SO sorry. You'll be in my prayers.

Vela
11-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time. How soon are you having to move out? I would like to help if I can, at least with the presents, I will send you a PM. SEnding prayers and good wishes that something will work out soon, and don't give up! Keep looking for another job, don't let it defeat you.

borzoimom
11-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Honey- you are in prayers- but where God closes a door, there is always a window. Just hang in there, and know something better is coming along..

Randi
11-23-2006, 01:40 PM
That is an awful situation, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you'll find a place to live and get a new job soon. Don't give up! :)

Best of luck and lots of good thoughts coming your way.

((((hugs))))

carole
11-23-2006, 01:53 PM
I can only imagine how scarey this must be for you, i am so sorry you are having to go through this especially at this time of year, positive vibes are being sent your way for some good things to happen, a new job, a new apartment, i sure hope things work out for you and soon, HUGS.

cyber-sibes
11-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Prayers on their way. Perhaps you are on your way to better job and a nicer apartment, don't loose faith. :)

areias
11-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way. Let us know how you are doing a little closer to Christmas-I'm sure if you're having problems maybe we could organize a little gift drive for her. :)

Catty1
11-23-2006, 08:47 PM
You know there is help here any time you need it.

I heard someone talking on the radio today about making gifts - a memory box with written notes about favourite memories, gifts you put your own self into.

Don't be shy about requesting a food hamper (with Turkey!) to get you through. State income is for a short time, to help people through crunches. You deserve this - you have been a hard worker and will be again. Feel free and strong about seeking temporary help from agencies! :)

"Believe more deeply. Hold your face up to the Light, even though for the moment you do not see." - Bill W.

I've been underemployed for much of my life...and have recently, at age 50, finally levelled out. So I remember being just plain SCARED.

But your friends will never see you homeless or starving. Have faith in that.

HUGS HUGS HUGS

CatLuvrs
11-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Thank you all so much. It means alot to me that you are all here for us. I am so scared right now and just don't know what to do. I just don't understand why when I get on my feet and do good that bad things have to happen. I am just hoping something good is going to come my way. Thank you all again!!!

dukedogsmom
11-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through all this. And the holidays make it worse. I hope things improve soon. I know it must be very scary. I don't know what I'd do.

Dorothy39
11-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Please remember that you DO have friends.

We do give more than {{{HUGS}}} :cool:

CatLuvrs
11-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Well no job so far and I am freaking out. I have applied and applied and nothing. I found out they knew about me getting fired for 3 weeks and didn't say anything. That irritates me. Hope fully I will get my last check so I can get Marissa's presents out. I have just been so depressed lately all I wanna do is sleep. Is this normal? I don't know where I am going to live. That is just scary. Well That is my update for now I know not much news :( :mad:

Karen
11-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Check with local churches about places to live, and do file for unemployemnt if you are eligible, it might help. And when you apply anywehere, smile, smile and smile, even if you don't feel it inside, okay?

What kind of work do you do?

borzoimom
11-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Honey the desire to sleep alot is mild depression. IN hospitals they give the patients B complex. This is a very cheap vitamin you can get anywhere like Walmart. Taking it at night when its in your system longer is better, but I start during the day at first. I know money is really tight, but I mean its like 3 bucks, and you will feel alot better.
There are also councilors- if nothing else someone to talk too. They also have connections with assitance programs to help you like in finances etc.
There is light coming honey. I felt like my life was over when I left my husband. I recognize how you feel. I am just giving the advice they gave me at the time. They even paid for a months rent for the first month. Then I was feeling better, got back on my feet.
Honey- you can do this. As far as what they did on your job- facts afterwards is only going to upset you more. Tell yourself I am not talking about them. Also if you were fired- you should be eligable for unemployment insurance. Again- these counsilors can even help with that.
Prayers and hugs!

kimlovescats
11-29-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. What a bad time of year too! :confused: Try to hang in there, and don't be ashamed to ask for help anywhere you can find it!

Hugs,
Kim

Felicia's Mom
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I just saw this thread. You will be in my prayers.

moosmom
11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this, especially at this time of year.

I've been in your shoes and the stress alone is enough. Please do yourself a favor, go to your nearest state agency and apply for any benefits you are qualified for, i.e, housing assistance, unemployment, food stamps, etc. Any little bit will help. Also register with temp agencies. Alot of companies are hiring now because of holiday vacations. I've been working two part-time jobs just to make ends meet where I am. It's tough and very exhausting, but you do what you have to do to take care of yourself and your little family.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

With HUGS from someone who has been there.

Vela
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Keep us updated, looks to me like quite a few are willing to help if you need it. Just shoot me a PM if anything changes.

CatLuvrs
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Keep us updated, looks to me like quite a few are willing to help if you need it. Just shoot me a PM if anything changes.

I just hate asking for help. I was doing so good doing it on my own I think that is why I am taking this so hard. I always wanted to just do it with me and Marissa I finally did it now I feel like a failure.

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job and are going through such hard times.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please take care and know that we're here for you.

Catty1
11-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I just hate asking for help. I was doing so good doing it on my own I think that is why I am taking this so hard. I always wanted to just do it with me and Marissa I finally did it now I feel like a failure.

Pride won't pay the bills, hon.

Go to the agencies and get the help - think of it as a BRIDGE to getting independent again.

There are some really good people there too...give yourself a break and Marissa too!

hugs