PDA

View Full Version : spitting out his heart meds- bad kitty!

yorkster
06-12-2002, 05:53 PM
My cat Kedi (male, 8 yr. old, M. Coon/Himilayen mix) was diagnosed with heart problems. He has been on 2 types of heart meds twice a day :eek: .........and they really help!
Last week though I noticed he was lethargic and wheezing quite a bit like he did when he was first sick :(
Could NOT figure it out until I found a little pile of spit out pills in the carpet outside the bathroom door!
I had been putting them inside squishy kitty treats, and apparently he figured out how to eat the treat and spit out the pill.
Now I put him IN the bathroom sink and don't let him out until I inspect his mouth, the counter, and sink, etc. :rolleyes:

Here is a pic of the rascal:

AmberLee
06-13-2002, 12:35 AM
He looks adorable. What a pity he's so blasted smart to figure out how to separate the pill from the treat. Good luck! :( :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-13-2002, 12:47 AM
HE IS SOOO CUDDLY AND BEAUTIFUL....
When Tinky had to take medicine for her worms... I would break a pounce treat in two and wet one side of the pill and stick it to one half of the treat and she would eat it... sometimes if it fell off she would eat it anyway... she is such a good little girl...
Kedi is old enough not to fall for that :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Kedi sure is a beautiful cat. He's just too smart for his own good. :)

Nomilynn
06-13-2002, 02:27 AM
I've never had to try to give Tilly a pill, but with Bassett it's an ordeal! I tried hiding it in some food, and she ate all the food around the pill, and left it sitting in the middle of the dish. It usually takes two people to get it into her! Luckily she isn't taking any anymore! :eek:

06-13-2002, 04:19 AM
:mad: Pills ? yack !!! I hate it when me mommy tries to get one in me troat .......... bite bite !!!! Yackie awful things !!! If they really want me to eat those , let them look like a mouse , walk like a mouse , smell like a mouse ; and maybe , I said MAYBE i can give iiiit another try ; but no promises ......... !!:eek: :rolleyes: ;) ;)

lynnestankard
06-13-2002, 02:31 PM
He He He He Kedi - gud on ya boy - we fink tablits is orrible too. Carry on the gud work boy and spit em out - we're wif ya!!

Bagel and Ketchum and Dan