PDA

View Full Version : Kurby's At The Emergency Room

K & L
11-22-2006, 08:29 PM
We just got home from dinner and I noticed Kurby acting strangely. He was walking around growling (totally unusual for him) and then flopping on the ground. He would then proceed to lick in his private area, and then growl. I’m thinking he either has a UTI or blockage. Please send Kurby your well wishes.

rg_girlca
11-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh No, No, No!!! Not precious Kurby. Big time prayers on the way that it isn't anything serious and just an UTI that can be taken care of with medication.

I've never heard of a cat reacting that way though, or is this something normal that they do with a blockage or an UTI?

Come on sweetie, you have a full and speedy recovery now ya hear!

K & L
11-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh No, No, No!!! Not precious Kurby. Big time prayers on the way that it isn't anything serious and just an UTI that can be taken care of with medication.

I've never heard of a cat reacting that way though, or is this something normal that they do with a blockage or an UTI?

Come on sweetie, you have a full and speedy recovery now ya hear!

I'm not sure either except the growling might be a sign he's in pain and leave him alone (the other cats). The licking could be a sign where it's hurting and he's trying to make it feel better? :(

CathyBogart
11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope Kurby's feeling better and back home soon! *Fingers crossed* that it's not a blockage!

Catty1
11-22-2006, 09:18 PM
I hope it's something simple...poor Kurby! Prayers and get-well wishes on the way!

K & L
11-22-2006, 09:41 PM
He's baaaaaaaaaaack and has a UTI. There are crystals but they're not sure if the infection caused them, or the crystals caused the infection. We'll know more once they see if the medications work. Keep your fingers crossed it will develop into anything further.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh no, poor Kurby! I sure hope it's nothing too serious and that he's home again real soon. :(

rg_girlca
11-22-2006, 09:46 PM
PHEW!!! Well, you know what I mean. I'm glad that it isn't anything serious, but sorry to hear that he has an UTI. But at least this is something that will get better with medication.

Hugs and kisses to you sweet boy and feel better real soon. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2006, 10:04 PM
We posted about the same time so I almost missed the good uppydate! SO glad to hear it's "only" a UTI, but I sure hope the crystals don't develop into something more serious. Can't wait to meet him! :D

Lizzie
11-23-2006, 12:18 AM
I hope Kurby can shake off the infection quickly and then relax into feeling well again. Is he on a special diet already, or is this something you have to start now? I always feel like letting out a maniacal laugh when my vet tells me that yet another cat has to have yet another special diet.

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Kurby has a UTI:( but I'm glad that he's home now. I hope he feels better soon and recovers quickly. Get well soon Kurby and be sure to take all of your meds like a good boy.

jenluckenbach
11-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Get well soon Kurby.

K & L
11-23-2006, 06:20 AM
I hope Kurby can shake off the infection quickly and then relax into feeling well again. Is he on a special diet already, or is this something you have to start now? I always feel like letting out a maniacal laugh when my vet tells me that yet another cat has to have yet another special diet.

No special diet as of yet (thankfully). If this continues to be a problem then that will be the next step.

Kurby is still in pain this morning but surprisingly took his meds very easy. He also ate very well. Thanks everyone he sure could use some good vibes right now.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Poor Kirby, get better soon!!

Catty1
11-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Get well prayers for you Furby Kurby!

Thanks for taking your meds like a good boy...you will feel better soon!

Freedom
11-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Thinking of you Kurby, get better quickly!

orangemm
11-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Lots of prayers for Kurby. Hope you are feeling better very soon!!!

KitCat
11-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Poor kitty ! Feel well soon!

AbbyMom
11-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Get better soon, Kurby!

catmandu
11-23-2006, 07:13 PM
We Are So Sorry To Hear About Kurby Being Ill, And There Are Pet Angels Bringing Kurby A Turkey Dinner So He Doesnt Miss Anything.
We Hope The White Coats Give Our Friend Kurby A Clean Bill Of Health.

rg_girlca
11-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh Kurby sweetie, I am sorry to hear that you were still in pain this morning. I pray that you feel better tonight and that your pain has eased off.
You're such a good boy for taking your medication well and glad that you are eating okay also.

Prayers on the way that you have a full and speedy recovery.

momcat
11-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh poor Kurby, I hope you feel better very soon and that nasty infection goes away for good. Get well scritchies being sent just for you, sweetie!