PDA

View Full Version : 187? Thursday = Turkey day - most of all, THANKS

lbaker
11-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Thought I could get in and start but it's been so long I think my key has rusted... or ~ holy moly! Did someone change the locks? Let me in... wee ew, wee ew, ew ew we wee ew ~ I hear music... da da da da da da Curses, foiled again :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
(darned heavy door!) C'mon in, Laurie. I'll get a pot of coffee going, and I got Orc to start bringing in firewood and it's getting warm in here already. Would you believe I saw Mario with a Pilgrim outfit on?

lbaker
11-22-2006, 04:32 PM
That little turkey... (ar ar ar) The hat keeps hanging over his eyes so LOOK OUT MARIO! :eek:

Kfamr
11-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Wait a second... aren't we skipping 187 and 188?? :eek:

lizbud
11-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Wait a second... aren't we skipping 187 and 188?? :eek:

I was afraid to ask. :)

lbaker
11-22-2006, 04:44 PM
OK OK, I forgot to use my toes to count :o Can someone rename this :o Can I??? :rolleyes: Helllllp us (cried the scarecrow)

lizbud
11-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh shoot. It's a question mark, not a 9. I had to put on my bifocals
to see the difference. :D

davidpizzica
11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
That little turkey... (ar ar ar) The hat keeps hanging over his eyes so LOOK OUT MARIO! :eek:
I think that flock of turkeys had better LOOK OUT, too!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2006, 04:52 PM
OK OK, I forgot to use my toes to count :o Can someone rename this :o Can I??? :rolleyes: Helllllp us (cried the scarecrow)
You can now change titles on threads you start. Just use the edit button!!! :D

lbaker
11-22-2006, 05:01 PM
whew, thanks MOFF, maybe no one else will notice (FAT CHANCE) :D :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
OK OK, I forgot to use my toes to count :o

Can someone rename this :o Can I??? :rolleyes:

Can "someone" rename it = NO.

Can YOU rename it = YES!

Firstly - the NUMBER otta be # 187

And please add some WORDS to the Title ...
just the "number" alone doesn't look too "catchy"! :p

Go toYOUR First post in this thread ...
* Punch the "EDIT" button in the Lower Right Corner of YOUR Post
* WAIT till the WHOLE Page finishes loading
* Do **NOT** choose the delete option!
* Just "EDIT" the title - it's in it's own little block
* You can edit the body of the post or leave it alone
* Punch the "save changes" button at the bottom

/s/ Phred

Dorothy39
11-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Dorothy hides from the work load in her kitchen~ (whew, had to beat nearly straddle that Turkey to get him ready for the oven)

It's got to be Thursday 187~ How else could I show up~

What on Earth is that smell? Oh, looks like Moffs juicer needs a good cleaning . You guys and your Clam Juice :eek: :D

Cute outfit Mario, but the white collar is a real mess, what in the heck have you been into!!!

It's seems to be real warm in here, so, I'll take a mild slushie please~ ;)

lbaker
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks once again Phred, once a rescuer always a rescuer... ;)

Cinder & Smoke
11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
:D

whew, thanks MOFF,

maybe no one else will notice (FAT CHANCE) :D :rolleyes:

:p

No One will notice ?? :p

You can put THAT Fantisy out of your mind! :D

HAPPIE Turkey Day to One and ALL!!

:)

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Well this technical stuff is all very well folks, but is there a drink of the day for those that have been working hard?

RedHedd
11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Ah! It feels good to be in Thursdays after a day out there shopping! Yes, I dared venture out as I *needed* some new shoes to wear with my Turkey Day outfit and Payless is having a Buy One pair/Get one pair for half off sale, but because I had to go to two stores to get my size in the shoes I wanted, I somehow ended up with more money in my pocketbook than when I left home this morning! I love it when that happens! Yes, I have a black belt in power shopping. If there are deals to be had, I will take them and turn them into more $$ for me. It's an art form that my girlfriends and I cherish, as we gloat over our loot. :)

So, some nice cold cranberry juice would be perfect and a platter of nachos as I put my feet up by the fire. That turkey in the oven sure does smell good!

There's no place like home ..... there's no place like home

Lady's Human
11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
How about this one!

Apple Pie Cocktail

3/4 oz. Barbancourt Traditional White Rhum
1/4 oz. Martini & Rossi Rosso Vermouth
1/4 oz. Apple Brandy
1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
dash of Major Peters' Grenadine

Stir in a mixing glass with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Sounds good to me!

Now, How to clean the Clam Juze out of the juicer.......

Laurie, we had to put a new door on the place after Orc came to live in the bar.

Somehow I don't think Mario would have made a very good Pilgrim, after all, they were Puritans. A group of people that could not stand the idea that somewhere, someone was having a good time.

critter crazy
11-22-2006, 06:02 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/4.gif

gini
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, here I am after a looonnnng day. Had to deal with Microsoft this morning. Started the day by calling Time Warner who could not fix my problem and told me to call Microsoft. Well it took a while to take that flight to India to meet up with someone who I thought could help me. Turns out he couldn't figure it out either. Told me that he would have a TEAM work on my problem and get back to me in 12 hours............Hello - ever hear of Thanksgiving over there? Guess not!

To make matters worse, it sounded as though he was talking from inside the toilet - and his accent was very thick. He kept thanking me for my patience.
I was on the phone with him for 137 minutes, or so my phone said.

In desparation I even called Slick and bless her - she went through many steps with me too to try to fix my problem. While we were on the phone an email came in from Microsoft that gave me instructions on what to do.

All of it had to do with FLASH! (guess I was flashing too many times?).

So then I had to fly back from India and go grocery shopping for tomorrow - when I got home the entire day was gone!!

I will have anything anyone is serving as long it is tall, cool and strong!

Yes, I am VERY thankful -for so many many things!

Lady's Human
11-22-2006, 10:28 PM
HEY ! No flashing in the bar!

sounds like you spent a lot of time on Bill Gate's Boeing BBJ today, Gini. Did you bring along peeps for a snack?

Lady's Human
11-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Just remember everyone.......

you can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.

Walk right in it's around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad tracks!

And sing it with FEELING!

:D

luckies4me
11-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Can I have some chai tea or something? ha. I've had a terrible terrible day.
:( I hope everyone is thankful for what they have. I know I am. I know I am more today than any day before because I almost lost something today and it scared me so bad. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I pray everyone of you has a great day! :)

slick
11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Click Start-->Settings-->Control Panel.......

Oh pardon me....I'm still in my "help desk" mode. Yes indeed, Microsoft came to the rescue. Another 1,000,000 bucks into Billy's pocket.

May I please have a LD martini?? Ta.

LH: I have that full version on CD. Just love it. Are you a member of the Group W bench? :D :D

cyber-sibes
11-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey, someone left the door open...did I just see a very short pilgrim fly by? :eek: Is it safe to enter? It sounds pretty risque in here with all the flashing! Sniff* sniff* is that fresh coffee? I brought an extra pumpkin pie along. I made 5 of 'em today. Help yourselves!
:o Pumpkin pie is known to have soothing qualities.

Hope you all have a happy/blessed/at least serene, Thanksgiving.

Lady's Human
11-22-2006, 11:04 PM
While we're singing, here's a little song for Gini by DaVinci's Notebook:

Workin' on a laptop, close to the end
of a job I've been doing since half past ten
I don't believe that it's frozen again,
the system has gone down-o, down-o, down-o;
I don't believe that it's frozen again,
the system has gone down-O.

So I took it down to the help desk guy,
and I said "make it better or I'm gonna cry."
He said, "I'm sorry, your computer has died,
and the data can no longer be found-o, found-o, found-o."
He said, "I'm sorry your computer has died,
the data can no longer be found-O."

To the roof with the laptop I did go
over to the edge and I gave it a throw,
and when it arrived seven stories below
it really made a mighty fine sound-o, sound-o, sound-o,
and when it arrived seven stories below,
it really made a mighty fine sound-O.

Well, that didn't do enough to ease my pain
so I went down to Dulles and I got on a plane
Sayin' "This is all Billy Gates's fault,
and I'm gonna be trackin' him down-o, down-o, down-o."
Sayin' "This is all Billy Gates's fault,
and I'm gonna be trackin' him down-O."

Touched down in Seattle and got off the plane
Hit Starbucks to get out of the rain
Paid all of my dough for a thimble of joe
full o' foam and the cinnamon brown-o, brown-o, brown-o,
Paid all of my dough for a thimble of joe
full o' foam and the cinnamon brown-O.

When the Gates found out about my plan
he packed up his bag, turned tail and ran
Megalo-man took it out on the lam
and hid way underground-o, ground-o, ground-o.
Megalo-man took it out on the lam
and hid way underground-O.

Well the Gates been a-runnin' ever since that day,
he thinks he can hide but he can't get away.
When I finally find his little skinny behind
Gonna kick it all over this town-o, town-o, town-o.
When I finally find his little skinny behind
Gonna kick it all over this town.

Dorothy39
11-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Cyber-sibes, Please give me a slice of your pumpkin pie, I brought along some Cool Whip, just for the occasion~ and while you're at it, Please allow me to sample your homemade Cranberry Sauce~ Sounds so good to me right now.

LH: Loved Alice's Restaurant~ I can still hear it.

I've also brought along some Chi Tea ~ Here's a nice warm cup of Chi for you Luckiesa4m3~ Isn't it just delicious~

Oh Yes, We are so Thankful for Thursdays on Pet Talk :o

Lady's Human
11-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Slick,

I'm in charge of the Group W bench........

Ya know, put the wolf in charge of the sheep kinda deal?
LOL

Edwina's Secretary
11-22-2006, 11:55 PM
. Well it took a while to take that flight to India to meet up with someone who I thought could help me.

So that WAS you in First Class. I was back in steerage...talking to Dell. But I was absolutely THRILLED to get my non-operational computer back to life.

I could hear him flipping through the manual....The best part was when I had to find some number on my hard drive. Had to get down flat on the floor with a flash light.

I asked him if the big clump of cat hair I removed could have been a part of the problem. I am not sure he understood.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

An icy cold beer would be good about now....

DJFyrewolf36
11-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Happy Turkey Thursday to all!

Mario, you look swell in that outfit.

That song is hilarious LH! :D Thanks for the smile!

trayi52
11-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Hi everybody, how are you tonight?

I would like some coffee, and some of that pumpkin pie, it just sounds so good. I need soothing anyway. The pumpkin pie should take care of that.

Maybe I should just try the DOTD, it does sound yummy. Mario, what are you up to, boy??

Willie :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Happy Turkey Day! everyone. I brought some apple pie here for everyone. I suggested to LH to post that song after reading Gini's post about talking to Microsoft. Well have to go baste that turkey and start on the rolls.

Kfamr
11-23-2006, 08:00 AM
We've got three pecan pies, 2 pumpkin, 1 apple, and 2 cherry pies..
My mom was bad and cut into one of the pecans last night after dinner :o but everyone is welcome to a slice or two or three or four.........

Karen
11-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Yeah, that [is] the thing about pie - one cannot "sneak a bit" and not get noticed. Works for coffee rings, too.

Yup, Lady's Other Human is well inculcated into the family - "rolls" in our clan are special and yummy and made just for special occasions. The smell of the dough rising is part of the fabric of holiday memories for us, as well as the image of Ma with a smudge of flour on her nose, from pushing up her glasses in the midst of kneading dough!

Well, I've brought tollhouse cookies and little cranberry shortbreads shaped like turkeys - those you can have with your morning coffee, tea, or beverage of choice, and no one will be the wiser.

Dorothy39
11-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Cranberry Shortbreads Shaped Like Turkeys~ :eek: Yum yum!!!!

I'll take one of those with another cup of coffee (cream and sugar please, )

Oh Thank-You~

gini
11-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful day here in sunny CA and a perfect day to prepare for Thanksgiving.

I will bring by a special dessert later in the day - it is an old family recipe that I haven't made in years. My brother is here and I thought he would enjoy it because it was a tradition to make it for Thanksgiving when we were kids.

It is a Date Nut Pudding. You eat it hot with fresh homemade whipped cream.

Have a great day everyone!

(wonder if I can swipe some of Karen's rolls?]

RedHedd
11-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Happy T'day everyone! Yumm! That Cranberry Shortbread sure is yummy! I'm off to spend the day with friends, but I'll be back .... :)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2006, 11:51 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Note to self: when putting grapes in the juzer, put the pusher thingy in fast or the darn machine will chuck them back at you.... :D

Blue_Frog
11-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :D

I got my pumpkin pie back in October, so now i gotta wait till Christmas - so have a slice for me!

Can i get a glass of that fancy Mint Baileys over ice then instead? :)

RICHARD
11-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone.

I am feeling finally in the pink...sorta.

I had a little date with a "sir-djinn" of sorts..

I think I'll stick to the liquid fortitude and sit on the couch.

Will someone please bartend for me today?

catland
11-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Sorry Richard, I'd love to bartend, but we must be over the river and through the woods - well, ok, there's not a woods but there is a river - and well, its not off to grandma's but to my mom and dad, but they do have grandkids so, gosh, now I'm just getting confussled and I haven't had any turkey yet to make me sleepy.

Take care everyone, drive safe, and be good to each other.

Lady's Human
11-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Durn, why are there so many people sleeping by the fire?

Tryptophan overload? LOL

Well, Richard, I'll tend bar for you for a bit, but I accept NO responsibility for the crew's actions. That's still on you, Bub. :p

Mario, no blunderbusses for you, put it down!

cyber-sibes
11-23-2006, 07:44 PM
:) did someone say "date nut pudding" *drools* and cranberry turkey-shaped cakes? *drool drool* Yes please, as if I'm not full enough :rolleyes: The party's over here, the guests are gone, and the dishes are done - well almost-- I'm ready to curl up by that nice fire, too! :) What a nice mellow day we had.

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-23-2006, 08:36 PM
(wonder if I can swipe some of Karen's rolls?]

You don't have to swipe Karen's rolls Gini I made 2 batches today. I think we can share one and still have enough that it will still take LH at least a month to eat them all.

Could I have some hot cocoa with some of that mint bailey's mixed in? mmmm!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Hmmm, I wonder why eating turkey makes everyone sleepy except Mario?

Mario, if you fire that blunderbuss off it will knock you flat on your little behind!!! I didn't know you were strong enough to even lift that thing!!! :eek:

Lady's Human
11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Okay, Hon, Here's your hot chocolate with the baileys....

Mario, no, just because you put down the blunderbuss you DON'T get permission to play with Orc's remote. GIVE ME THAT!

He's busy stacking firewood, let him be.

Have a jar of marachino cherries, Mario. Consider it your Thanksgiving feast. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks hon, that hits the spot. Oh just so you know TA gave me a VHS copy of "A Christmas Story" for my very own, at least until I can get it on DVD. :p

Hey, do you think Richard would let us borrow Orc to come stack firewood at our house?

davidpizzica
11-24-2006, 04:56 AM
LOH, I'll lend you Orc's remote! If it's one thing that Orc does well, it's stacking wood!

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, when Mario isn't tormenting him. I'd like some more hot cocoa with that Mint Baileys please and how about a candy cane garnish. mmmmmm

Now let's start gearing up for the Holidays! Yeah!

davidpizzica
11-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, when Mario isn't tormenting him. I'd like some more hot cocoa with that Mint Baileys please and how about a candy cane garnish. mmmmmm

Now let's start gearing up for the Holidays! Yeah!
When doesn't he torment poor Orc?! Uh, Mario? Thanksgiving was yesterday so now you can put away your blunderbuss and don't aim it at anybody! I'm ready for a hot cocoa myself. LOH, I'll get us both one. I'm still in first gear with the holidays!

RedHedd
11-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm still in neutral for the holidays. It's hard to feel Christmasy when it's sunny and warm outside - I'm running around in flip flops and a tank top! Went to Circuit City to see if I could snag one of their Black Friday special printers - nope - all gone. At least they weren't playing Xmas songs, but Walgreens was - I couldn't get out of there fast enuff!

I nice cold peppermint iced tea would be scrumptious right now. Ah, that's better. Mario! Don't please don't point that thing at me! :eek: :p :D

CathyBogart
11-24-2006, 05:32 PM
LoL, I just wanted to share...last night after the festivities, me, my mom, and a fw of "the girls" went to a "midnight madness" sale at an outlet mall. It was a kick! We got there at 12:30 and shopped until nearly 4am! then we went out for breakfast.

I'm not a big shopper but hanging out with a bunch of family and friends in the middle of the night while we all tried to shop without freezing to death was SO much fun! I do hope we do it again next year.

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-24-2006, 05:54 PM
When doesn't he torment poor Orc?! Uh, Mario? Thanksgiving was yesterday so now you can put away your blunderbuss and don't aim it at anybody! I'm ready for a hot cocoa myself. LOH, I'll get us both one. I'm still in first gear with the holidays!

That's ok david, LH and the Mayor will tell you I love Christmas. I'm usually listening to Christmas music in my car and with my head phones by September the latest and then I start working on Christmas presents for people and watching Christmas movies while I do it if LH is at work and the kids are in bed. I'm between 2nd and 3rd gear right now. I'm already wearing my Santa hat. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Good morning all! I guess I'll open the bar this morning, let's see coffee, (and Bailey's) muffins, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, (I wonder if any of Karen's syrup is still here). Hey Orc! Whata ya say we get this fire going? Mario, give me that remote! I'll trade you this blueberry muffin, I don't think you can pick all of the blueberries out.

Karen
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Yup, I brought the syrup! I have Christmas music on my iPod, even so can listen anytime, anywhere! Ho Ho Ho!

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Cool Karen,
Do you think we can start putting up holiday decorations? Or maybe we should save that for next week.

Karen
11-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Weeeeellllll, maybe we can start gradual-like, with a few lights and decorations in the windows to welcome everyone in. It gets dark by dinnertime these days, and we wouldn't want anyone not finding the place.

I will, however, be kind, and leave my jingle-bell bracelet locked away for the time being, I think the combination of Mario + Jinglebells + people trying to enjoy a quiet drink might have unpleasant consequences.

Lady's Human
11-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I will, however, be kind, and leave my jingle-bell bracelet locked away for the time being, I think the combination of Mario + Jinglebells + people trying to enjoy a quiet drink might have unpleasant consequences.

Not to mention that the bartender might get violent! :eek:

davidpizzica
11-25-2006, 02:43 PM
That's ok david, LH and the Mayor will tell you I love Christmas. I'm usually listening to Christmas music in my car and with my head phones by September the latest and then I start working on Christmas presents for people and watching Christmas movies while I do it if LH is at work and the kids are in bed. I'm between 2nd and 3rd gear right now. I'm already wearing my Santa hat. :D
I'm with you on listening to Christmas music in the car early! I've been listening to Mannheim Steamroller in my car since the middle of September. I may have to get another CD, I think I'm wearing this one out!

cyber-sibes
11-25-2006, 05:34 PM
ooouuuu, I love Mannaheim Steamroller's Christmas cd's - I used to have one, lost in the moving shuffle, I guess. i had to wear an elf hat at work on Friday - hohoho, with a jingle bell on the tip. Wasn't I cute? :D Maybe Mario or Orc would like to borrow the hat? What a long day today, a cup of hot chocolate, a chair to lean back in, listening to Christmas music and watching twinkly lights sounds good to me!

Lady's Human
11-25-2006, 05:35 PM
BTW, Hon, it's not nice to lie. Santa is watching, after all.

You passed 3rd gear a month ago. Another week and you'll be in overdrive.

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm with you on listening to Christmas music in the car early! I've been listening to Mannheim Steamroller in my car since the middle of September. I may have to get another CD, I think I'm wearing this one out!

You should get more than one. They have 2 or 3 Christmas CDs that I know of. That way you can rotate them and they won't get worn out as quickly.

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-25-2006, 10:31 PM
BTW, Hon, it's not nice to lie. Santa is watching, after all.

You passed 3rd gear a month ago. Another week and you'll be in overdrive.

That's not true, if I had passed 3rd gear already the whole house would be decorated and we would have a tree already. And I'd probably be begging you to put Christmas lights up outside. :p

smokey the elder
11-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Speaking of Christmas CDs, I highly recommend the Trans Siberian Orchestra's one (I need to look it up.) "Ghosts of Christmas Eve" and "The Lost Christmas" are two really nice ones.

gini
11-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh, Christmas - I just LOVE Christmas................let's put up a TREE and decorate it with all of our ornaments.

Can't you smell the pine already?

And cookies - we need to make lots of cookies because this bar will be going full tilt now and everyone will be hungry.

Jingle Bells - Jingle Bells - Jingle all the Way!!!!

davidpizzica
11-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Speaking of Christmas CDs, I highly recommend the Trans Siberian Orchestra's one (I need to look it up.) "Ghosts of Christmas Eve" and "The Lost Christmas" are two really nice ones.
Smokey the elder, I think I have one of those in the car somewhere. I'll have to look for it(the car interior needs cleaned out anyhow!)