PDA

View Full Version : Fav Christmas shows?

sparks19
11-22-2006, 12:56 PM
What are your favourite shows/movies to watch at Christmas.

I have to say "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" is a classic and a personal fav of mine.

Ii also like:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon and live version)

A Christmas Story

Frosty the Snowman.

Home Alone (the first one)

That's all I can think of right now LOL

Zippy
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Its a Wonderful Life is my favorite christmas show
I also love the show a christmas story
edit:I love the christmas carol

wolflady
11-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I just love this time of year when all of the holiday shows and movies come out :)

My favorites that I have to see every year include:

A Christmas Story
A Christmas Carol (the Georce C. Scott version)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Home Alone (the first one)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Charlie Brown Christmas

**hugs**

catnapper
11-22-2006, 01:16 PM
I love the Night Before Christmas, the one with the mouse who ruins Christmas by sending Santa a nasty letter, then breaks the clock.... I HAVE to watch that one every year. I basically know it word for word by now, but I still love it.

elizabethann
11-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Scrooge (the musical one)
All of the cartoons/animation shows like Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown
Home Alone I & II
A Christmas Story
A Miracle on 54th Street

Oh shoot...I like them all. However, as much as I like It's a Wonderful Life, I think it's too long (I have a short attention span).

:D

davidpizzica
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
My favorite is also "It's a wonderful life" basically because my father knew Jimmy Stewart in school, followed closely by "A christmas story", then any version of "Scrooge". I just like 'em all!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2006, 01:56 PM
I love "White Christmas" and the Christmas carol - the one where Scrooge at the end, wants to stand on his head and frightens his house keeper so much she puts her apron over her head and runs out of the room screaming!!! That's a classic!!! :D

Ginger's Mom
11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh I love Christmas movies, and many of my favorites have been mentioned. Let's see my list goes something like this:
Scrooge (Musical w/Albert Finney) ("Thank you very much, thank you very much that's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me")
T'was the Night before Christmas (animated w/mice) ("we'll do what's necessary 'cause even a miracle needs a hand" :D )
Miracle on 34th Street (original with John Payne and Edmund Gwynn)
A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Christmas Carol (w/Allister Sim)
And It's a Wonderful Life

Oooohh (goes running to tape drawer), now I have to watch one. :D

buttercup132
11-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Ruldouph is deffinatly a favorite!

I also love How The Grinch Stole Christmas the real version.

Lori Jordan
11-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Always has been the Waltons Christmas i have watched that movie every christmas for years,Shows what family is all about.

RockyRoad
11-22-2006, 07:24 PM
I love the Night Before Christmas, the one with the mouse who ruins Christmas by sending Santa a nasty letter, then breaks the clock.... I HAVE to watch that one every year. I basically know it word for word by now, but I still love it.

I LOVE that one, I didn't know really anyone else had heard of it lol. I have a whole tape of Christmas shows that my mom taped when I was little... it's entertaining to watch the 'old' commercials as well. :) I think the tape's contents consist of How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon), Night Before Christmas, Garfield's Christmas (love it), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Charlie Brown Christmas, and then a bunch of re-makes of Scrooge like from the Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse. I love Christmas specials a lot, there's so many more I could name. :D

Uabassoon
11-22-2006, 07:40 PM
My favorite are
A Christmas Story (http://imdb.com/title/tt0085334/)
Scrooged (http://imdb.com/title/tt0096061/)
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (http://imdb.com/title/tt0075988/)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (http://imdb.com/title/tt0060345/)
Christmas Vacation (http://imdb.com/title/tt0097958/)

cyber-sibes
11-22-2006, 07:59 PM
A Christmas Story!
Even though I watch it every year, I still laugh till I can't talk through that one! I love the classics, too - White Christmas, A Christmas Carol, It's a Wonderful life, and Miracle on 34th St.
A newer one played every year is the animated one, The Snowman. I LOVE the music in it!

belterv
11-22-2006, 08:31 PM
A Christmas Story
The Grinch
Rudolph the Red nosed raindeer
White Christmas
It's a wonderful life
Home Alone (the first!)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I love Christmas shows and movies! I watch them year round.
I love Mickey's Christmas Carol, A Chipmunk Christmas (Alvin and the Chipmunks), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Story, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon and live), Home Alone 1 & 2, Christmas With The Kranks, The Santa Clause, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and so many more.

Dorothy39
11-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I have to watch "A Christmas Carol"~ I watch it every Christmas Eve .

Then, of course, there are those listed above~ It's A Wonderfu Life~, White Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street( the original one ;) )~ Oh yes, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer~ and "The Year Without a Santa Claus" (heat miser still cracks me up).

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
It's a Wonderful Life
Chevy Chases Christmas Vacation, I know every word in this one. ;)

Alysser
11-23-2006, 07:41 AM
A Miracle on 54th Street

I also enjoy watching "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer", the cartoon version. I can't stand the clay(or something similar)version.

I love this movie. I sort of like "Christmas with the Kranks" to. It wasn't that bad. :p

sparks19
11-23-2006, 10:24 AM
LOL Oh my goodness I forgot so many :D

A Christmas Carol of course.

Charlie Brown Christmas.

Christmas Vacation has always been a fav of mine.

I can't wait to watch them all :D

Pembroke_Corgi
11-23-2006, 10:27 AM
One of my favorite movies is "The Sound of Music" which I think they play ever December on tv...I'm not really sure why though. :D

I also love "Rudolph" and "It's a Wonderful Life."

Felicia's Mom
11-23-2006, 10:52 AM
A Christmas Carol

Charile Brown Christmas

davidpizzica
11-23-2006, 12:24 PM
I was looking through my Christmas movies and I unearthed what I think is the WORST Christmas movie (or regular movie!) of all time, "Santa Claus conquers the Martians" I think this movie had a budget of a $1.98! It's terrible!