PDA

View Full Version : Connor's coming!!!!!

emily_the_spoiled
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
I just talked with British Airways and Connor is arriving tomorrow!!!!! (just in time for Thanksgiving)

He will be touching down about 2:10PM and then it will take an hour or so to clear customs and I can finally meet him!!!!!!

(Too bad I don't know how to track the status of his flight...)

But he will be here really soon :D :D

kuhio98
11-21-2006, 09:15 PM
See HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116947)

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm so excited for you. I hope we get to see lots of pictures of Connor in his new home :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2006, 12:28 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope that everything goes smoothly. Please continue to keep us updated about him.

catnapper
11-22-2006, 02:46 AM
How utterly exciting!!! You are just too wonderful for doing this!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Bless you for welcoming Julie's Connor into your home!!! He is on his way now, waiting for meeting his new family!!

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2006, 04:44 AM
How nice that Connor will be with you in time for Thanksgiving! You are a luckly boy, Connor. Maybe you will get a plate of turkey!

emily_the_spoiled
11-22-2006, 08:03 AM
So everyone at this end is anxiously awaiting his arrival (although a couple of the gang aren't so sure about this...)

Thanks for the updates Phred, I was wondering how to do that!

I will keep everyone posted once I get Connor. It maybe awhile, but today is one of the busiest travel days in the country and Dulles is one of the busier airports. But don't worry I will let everyone know when he gets here.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Only 5 more hours to fly now for Connor!!!

catmandu
11-22-2006, 09:32 AM
The Pet Angel Air Corps have sent a delegation to comfort Connor, and make sure that thier Cat Friend gets to his destination safe and sound.
We know that Connor will be so happy to be with his family, and will love his new home.

kimlovescats
11-22-2006, 09:33 AM
How exciting! I can't wait to hear how everything goes! ;)

Felicia's Mom
11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
How exciting! I can't wait to hear how everything goes! ;)

I agree! :D

wolflady
11-22-2006, 11:48 AM
How exciting! What a neat way to celebrate Thanksgiving!
:-)

**hugs**

Donnaj4962
11-22-2006, 01:08 PM
This is wonderful news! I can't wait to see that he made it okay and is safely in your care!

This is something that we all should be thankful for.... that our PT family is so welcoming to one and all and that Connor now has a new home! :D

Barbara
11-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Oh- I am so happy for Connor :)

emily_the_spoiled
11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
HE IS HERE!!!!

Well he made it!!!!! It was a long flight for him and they changed his carrier in London, then he had a 3 hour car ride back to my place (although the airport is less than 45 miles). After the hour and a half mark he started to complain, but who could blame him I was thinking the same thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He is now in the spare bedroom with wet food, dry food, water, and a litter box. I think he will be much happier, but I suspect that it will be a few days before he is fully recovered.

It looks like he and Oliver (my other deaf guy) will be able to compete to see who is the loudest...

Lizzie
11-22-2006, 06:13 PM
That's wonderful, that you will willing to take him, that he arrived safely and is now cosily tucked up in his own room. Congratulations on your new addition and well done for taking him. I don't envy you two deaf cats, having just one makes me hunch my shoulders up trying to block the noise when she's hungry or wants attention.

Felicia's Mom
11-22-2006, 06:16 PM
So happy Connor made it to his new home! :) :D

moosmom
11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
What a wonderful Thanksgiving it will be for you both!! Please post pictures soon. Give him headbumpies for me.

Craftlady
11-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Yep, I'd be complaining to about the long car ride.Glad he made the trip in good shape :) I'm sure Conner is loving the buffet you left out for him.

Vermontcat
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
That's wonderful, that you will willing to take him, that he arrived safely and is now cosily tucked up in his own room. Congratulations on your new addition and well done for taking him. I don't envy you two deaf cats, having just one makes me hunch my shoulders up trying to block the noise when she's hungry or wants attention.

My Samantha is the same way, she has gotten so loud since she has gotten older and doesn't hear so well. She always makes an announcement when she wants to eat, or when she uses the litter box or wants to be petted or is going back to bed. :rolleyes:

Emily, I am so happy to hear that Connor has arrived safely at your house. :)

AbbyMom
11-22-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm so happy Connor has arrived safely. Thank you for opening your home to him.

Waiting for pictures! :)

rg_girlca
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I am so happy and relieved that Connor has made it safely to your home. Bless you for doing this for Julie. I'm sure it must be bittersweet for her, so sad having to place him, but so relieved that he will still be apart of PT knowing that he will be loved and cared for by a true cat lover.

I hope you enjoy your new forever home Connor. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Yippeeee!!!! I'm so happy to hear he made it safely and all is well.

Complaining about a 45 mile ride that takes 3 hours.....hhmmmmm....I think I can relate to this little guy. ;)

Please keep us posted on how he settles in and likes the rest of the crew. :D

shais_mom
11-23-2006, 12:05 AM
I agree thank you for opening your home and heart to him!
Looking forward to pics!

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm so glad that Connor has arrived safely to your home.:) Please continue to keep us updated and pictures would be nice too.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Yippie!!! WELCOME to the USA, dear Connor!!!!

emily_the_spoiled
11-23-2006, 08:05 AM
You are going to "kill" me...When I tried my digital camera yesterday the batteries were dead :o

So I do not have any pictures of Connor arriving.

Last night when I checked on him before going to bed he was fast asleep...on top of the heating vent :rolleyes: Something tells me it is a little cooler here than in Bahrain.

jenluckenbach
11-23-2006, 08:08 AM
You are going to "kill" me...When I tried my digital camera yesterday the batteries were dead :o

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But I am glad he is comfy and cozy. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Aaaawww the little cutie

Pembroke_Corgi
11-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm glad to hear he is at his new home, safe and sound. :)

Grace
11-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Connor.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
OMG I only saw this thread now! (Although I have been staying in touch with Cheryl via PM and email).

Funny that he is lying on the vent - you are right - he is only used to lovely hot weather over here - although he has enough "insulation" to keep himself warm.
I got TWO phone calls from BA Cargo, double-checking the weight on the waybill...

BA...... "Ma'am - the weight on the paperwork says 9.6 KILOS - are you sure that should't be POUNDS

Me...... Nope - It's KILOS - he's a BIG Boy.

Ally is very confused - considering how much trouble she gave Connor the past 3 years, she seems VERY upset that he is gone :(

Cheryl - I am so sorry that you had to drive in such bad weather and on such a busy day to pick him up. Not being in the USA I didn't even realise it is Thanksgiving :o You are such an angel....give that big lump a kiss and hug from me, ok?

QueenScoopalot
11-23-2006, 06:17 PM
OMG!!!! I've missed soo much lately! CONNER IS AN AMERICAN CAT NOW???? He is a carbon copy of my deaf, cerebellar hypoplasia & crosseyed Brandon! YAY! I jumped in and posted before reading the entire thread....sorry...excited I guess lol! :D

emily_the_spoiled
11-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Well he has finally moved off the heating vent and it now sleeping on the bed. I figure that he has eaten some kitty treats I left for him, used the litter box, and dumped some of his water out, so he is starting to adjust. Everyone else is sitting outside the door of the spare bedroom wondering who is making all this noise...

I am not sure I would call Connor an American cat (since I am not a citizen), but I can definitely help with a temporary visa ;)

rg_girlca
11-23-2006, 08:24 PM
AWWWWW i'm so glad that he is making himself comfortable.

Does he have any ill effects from the long flight and drive?

How does he react to you when you enter the room?

Kirsten
11-24-2006, 07:20 AM
I couldn't be here yesterday, but I'm so glad to read that he has arrived safe!! He must have been so exhausted after his long journey, and I'm relieved to hear he's sleeping, eating and using his litter box. :) Can't wait to see the first pictures of him in his new home! :)

Poor boy is missing the warm weather!! Hope he will get used to cooler temperatures very soon.

Julie, LOL@the calls you got regarding his weight! :)

Poor little Ally, she's probably missing to tease him.

Kirsten

Sonia59
11-25-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh, I am happy Connor arrived safe! Keep us posted on the progress. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
So happy to hear he is adjusting already!
Pics?? (hint hint ;) )

Vio&Juni
11-26-2006, 03:18 AM
Oh, poor Connor, after such a long flight, he had to spen three more hours in the car.

Glad he's makig himself at home.

CultureJunky
11-26-2006, 05:46 AM
I can't wait to see pictures of Connor in his new home settling in. Recharge those batteries asaP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsten
11-26-2006, 12:16 PM
How's Connor doing today?

Kirsten

catlover4ever
11-26-2006, 05:35 PM
:) What wonderful news...Connor has made it to America!!!

I too am looking forward to seeing some photos of Connor settling in. :)

emily_the_spoiled
11-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Well Connor is out and about today. Yesterday he decided to "introduce himself" to the other cats in the household and there weren't any problems. So he is now out enjoying the entire house.

Yesterdya he even tried to "help" me lay some ceramic tile in the family room ... not that he was great help :rolleyes:

He even slept on the bed last night. I will admit that since he in not quite a light on his feet as some of the other cats and he woke me up when he jumped on the bed (and then proceeded to walk on me :D )

Catty1
11-27-2006, 08:38 AM
How wonderful! Just like he was meant to be there!

Ummmm....any Conner 'self-introduction' pics? :D

emily_the_spoiled
11-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Sorry :o :o :o no pictures yet. Just in case people haven't figured it out yet, I am really bad about taking photos...

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the wonderful update.:) I'm glad to hear that Connor is settling in nicely and feeling more comfortable.:)

jenluckenbach
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
He even slept on the bed last night. I will admit that since he in not quite a light on his feet as some of the other cats and he woke me up when he jumped on the bed (and then proceeded to walk on me :D )
This last sentence had me smiling from ear to ear to ear! What a wonderful update. Connor, you sure found the right place to live. Julie, you MUST be pleased that your boy is so comfortable.

rg_girlca
11-27-2006, 12:31 PM
What a wonderful update. Julie this must make your heart feel good. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-28-2006, 01:26 PM
AWWW my sweet LITTLE boy!! What a wonderful update - I have tears in my eyes (but they are happy tears).... Connor is such a Huffalump - NOT the cat you would choose to have jumping on you (as if cats actually give us a choice).

(I am on SUCH a slow dial-up that this is the first time since I arrived that I have managed to get PT to load, so it was great to get an update on how Connor is doing.

Cheryl, thank you once again from the bottom of my heart for giving my angel a home with you!!

orangemm
11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Connor sure has made himself at home! That's a really good thing for all of you. I'm amazed he's settled in so well. He must be a real loosey-goosey kind of guy! :D

Glad things are going well.

emily_the_spoiled
11-28-2006, 03:32 PM
He is very easy going (except that he likes attention) and thankfully my other guys are used to having plenty of cats around so the introductions go a little easier then. But integrating deaf cats is much easier than other cats because they can't hear the other cats growling at them ;)

Felicia's Mom
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm so happy that Connor is making himself at home! :D