PDA

View Full Version : Look at what Payson got!

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 07:11 PM
His very own little backyard! We have been trying since the first week of May to fence in the patio for him. Due to issues with the homeowners association we didn't get the go ahead until about a week ago. Yesterday we finally had our gate installed!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/November002.jpg

I know it isn't really a yard, but it's better than nothing. Payson hates going out for walks because the front of the complex scares him. He doesn't like loud noises such as cars or people, so everytime he hears something he just tries to bolt for the door.

They stopped allowing dogs in the back courtyard which made us mad because Payson really liked it there since it was so quiet. This patio faces the courtyard so it's very quiet and peaceful. Now he'll be able to hang out and catch a few sun rays :D

kimlovescats
11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
That's really nice! I'm sure he'll love it! ;)

M&M's Mommy
11-21-2006, 07:37 PM
That's great for him.. but are you sure he cannot squeeze himself out?? The spacing of the fence seem kinda wide. Also, I hope it's safe in your neighborhood because it looks like someone can easily reach in and take him out.

I wouldn't let the dog out there by himself without supervision.

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 07:43 PM
While I appreciate your concern I promise we have Payson's best interest in mind. He will not be out there unsupervised. We've checked and Payson can't squeeze out of the fence. Payson is further away from the gate so with the camera angle he does look very small and the gate looks large, but it's just the angle. Also in the event that we did have to quickly run inside we can see the entire patio from the living room as well as the bedroom. The area is also really safe, the patio is facing a fenced in courtyard. In the bazzare event that he did escape he would still be behind another fence. The courtyard is pretty much a giant backyard for a few of the other townhomes.

caseysmom
11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
That will make potty time a lot easier for you ...looks like a nice place to have a margarita on a hot night. :D

M&M's Mommy
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
While I appreciate your concern I promise we have Payson's best interest in mind. He will not be out there unsupervised. We've checked and Payson can't squeeze out of the fence. Payson is further away from the gate so with the camera angle he does look very small and the gate looks large, but it's just the angle. Also in the event that we did have to quickly run inside we can see the entire patio from the living room as well as the bedroom. The area is also really safe, the patio is facing a fenced in courtyard. In the bazzare event that he did escape he would still be behind another fence. The courtyard is pretty much a giant backyard for a few of the other townhomes.

Oh, okay. I guess the angle can make your dog looks smaller than it's actually is :).

ramanth
11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
What a great addition! So glad it was approved for you. :D

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 08:43 PM
That will make potty time a lot easier for you ...looks like a nice place to have a margarita on a hot night. :D

Everytime we have company over we always somehow end up migrating to the patio. It really is a nice spot to sit and have a drink. Now that we have the fence we really want to work on making it look nicer. Maybe getting rid of the dead plants will help!

Alysser
11-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Payson seems happy with his new yard, you guys also get a little more privacy! :) It's a really nice addition and it's very conveinent.

BOBS DAD
11-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Uby,

it looks great!!! But maybe it is just an optical delusion - but it looks like Payson could fit right through those bars, Hopefully you measured or the perspective is just fooling me!!!

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Uby,

it looks great!!! But maybe it is just an optical delusion - but it looks like Payson could fit right through those bars, Hopefully you measured or the perspective is just fooling me!!!

I mentioned a few posts up that it is just the camera angle. Payson can not squeeze though the bars.

BOBS DAD
11-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I mentioned a few posts up that it is just the camera angle. Payson can not squeeze though the bars.

But r u sure???

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes we are 100% sure. We measured before we ever got the fence, then after we bought the fence, then before we even installed it we blocked him with it in the house and called for him to see if he could squeeze though, despite his best efforts he was unable to. Also as I already stated he will not be unattended, and in the event of a freak accident and he does somehow manage to escape he will still be behind another fence. I promise everyone our dog is 100% safe.

BOBS DAD
11-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes we are 100% sure. We measured before we ever got the fence, then after we bought the fence, then before we even installed it we blocked him with it in the house and called for him to see if he could squeeze though, despite his best efforts he was unable to. Also as I already stated he will not be unattended, and in the event of a freak accident and he does somehow manage to escape he will still be behind another fence. I promise everyone our dog is 100% safe.

Uab...

I'm just joshing with you. I am sure that you know what you are talking about. Just having a little fun!

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Uab...

I'm just joshing with you. I am sure that you know what you are talking about. Just having a little fun!

Sorry I didn't mean to get so defensive. It's just that Alexa and I have been working on getting this done for 6 months and we are so excited that we finally have it and within minutes of me posting pictures I get negative comments about it. While I realize the comments weren't ment to be hurtful I'm sure anyone can understand how it could be insulting.

Ginger's Mom
11-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh Yay, good for you, and good for Payson. I would love to have a little spot in the sun that Ginger could enjoy.

pitc9
11-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Wow!! Great Job!
Looks like a VERY SAFE place for him to hang out in!! ;)

Cincy'sMom
11-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Congratulations Peyson!! You have your own yard!! How fun for you!!! You'll be the envy of all the dogs in the complex!!

lizbud
11-22-2006, 08:24 AM
It looks great. I would really enjoy a little spot like that myself.A place
to sit and read or just enjoy the weather.Hope Payton enjoys it too. :)
Good job.

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2006, 09:01 AM
What a lovely yard for Payson! His own little haven away from the traffic.
That is such a shame that the noise frightens him.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
How cool! I'm sure he loves it. It looks really nice, too. :)

elizabethann
11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Uab...

Unless Payson rolls himself in oil or butter, and then squeeeeeeeezes himself out!! :D

I'm just kidding too.

Cute fenced in courtyard for the pup.

Uabassoon
11-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Unless Payson rolls himself in oil or butter, and then squeeeeeeeezes himself out!! :D

I'm just kidding too.

Cute fenced in courtyard for the pup.

Now that was one thing I didn't think about when building the fence. I'm going to have to make sure to keep all oil, butter or lotion away from the outside! :D

finn's mom
11-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I think it's adorable. You have done a great job with a small area, and, I'm sure he'll love the opportunity to be outdoors in peace and quiet.

cloverfdx
11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
That is wonderful Laura and yep potty time will be much easier now. I bet Payson will love having his own little backyard to hangout in :D.

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2006, 05:09 AM
That looks really nice and I'm sure Payson will love it! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-23-2006, 09:16 AM
that looks perfect, Laura!!