PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye

kallisto4529
11-21-2006, 06:16 PM
I know that I am not on here much, but I need to be today, so please forgive me for not being on here much.
Today I rushed my cocker spaniel, Ginger to the vet, the last three months have been a back and forth struggle, from ear infections to loosing her balance, going around in circles, being on several different medications, through it all I have been waiting for this day. Two years ago is when it all really started when our other cocker spaniel, Mousse left us, they were so close, she mourned his loss so hard, we thought surely we would loose her right then and there too, but we were blessed with two more years.
Today my heart is breaking, today I was told we have to make the choice to put her to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is having siezures and she has a brain tumor. Since 130 pm she has had 6 of them, that is no way for her to live, they can give her meds but it will only prolong the inevitable. So my husband and I will talk tonight and decide when we will end her suffering.
I wish now I had written on here all about her so all of you would know how very special she is, so loving, gentle, smart, funny, loves for mommy and daddy to hold her and cuddle with her, she just loved life so much, but all of that has changed. These last three months she has been a different baby, not full of life, no excitement at anything, barely wants to be held, I have and can see the change in her.
I have no right to ask, but I will anyway, please pray for us that we are strong enough to do the right thing for her and not make it about us!!!
thank you

borzoimom
11-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh honey I feel for you. I have a dog that has put us on this as well, but its not time yet.
I feel you and I am soooooooooooo sorry! I know it hurts! You will be in my prayers..

KYS
11-21-2006, 06:27 PM
I am so sorry, to hear about Ginger.
It is so hard to make the final decision, but know it is
the kindest and most loving thing to do.
I will be making that same decision this year with one of my dogs.
Ginger will be in your heart forever.

Hugs

dukedogsmom
11-21-2006, 06:29 PM
As you know, I had to make it. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life and I sob daily because of it. But, your love must be strong enough to do the right thing. Duke will take care of her.

Ginger's Mom
11-21-2006, 06:29 PM
{{{Hugs}}} I know it is not an easy thing to do. Many of us have been through the heartbreak of helping our furbabies on their way to the bridge. It is never easy, and never something that we do lightly, but I know that you will do what is best for Ginger. Mousse will be waiting for her at the bridge, and they will play together again. I am so sorry. :(

Logan
11-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Be strong for Ginger, please. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Logan

kimlovescats
11-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm so sorry! ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

luvofallhorses
11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
oh no! :( I am so sorry. :( and yes you DO have the right to ask for prayers. you, your husband, and Ginger will be in my thoughts and prayers.
(((HUGS))) please take care of yourself.

joycenalex
11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
helping my duke to the bridge was one of the hardest things i've ever done. i hugged him and held him and told him that in just a little bit he would never hurt again, he have all the energy of a pup. setting him free from his pain was the best thing i could do for him, i loved him enough to let him go. ((hugs)). it's very hard.

critter crazy
11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I had to put my baby boy Zues down last year, it is such a painfull thing to go trough! but it was even more painfull knowing he was suffering, and was in pain! It is a tough decision, but one that needs to be made. so sorry you have to go through this!:(

sanford8916
11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
I had to do this too, my Tara was 17 years old and it broke my heart but it was the best thing to do for her. You and your family will be in my thought and prayers.

kallisto4529
11-21-2006, 11:16 PM
my husband and I made the decision we are taking her tomorrow morning to say goodbye to her for the last time. our hearts are breaking but we know this is the very best we can do for her, we love her to much to see her go through another day and night of what she is going through. It broke my heart to tell my husband, he was devasted, she has always been a daddy's girl!!!! i know she will be with mousse and duke and all the other furkids playing and loving life like she has always done.
thank you all for the support

borzoimom
11-22-2006, 08:27 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} And Prayers To You..

pitc9
11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Many hugs and prayers to you!!

kallisto4529
11-22-2006, 09:40 AM
This morning we said goodbye to our beautiful little girl!!! Ginger you will be forever missed and loved by mommy and daddy. Go and be happy and healthy, play with mousse, enjoy being full of life again and enjoying it.
we love you pumpkin

elizabethann
11-22-2006, 09:49 AM
My deepest sympathy on your loss. You & your husband sound like loving parents. You will see Ginger again...in another time...and another place.

RIP sweet Ginger. All of your pain is gone. Run free at the Rainbow Bridge cutie pie.

Take care.

cyber-sibes
11-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I've had to make that decision before, too, and there is just no way around it, it sucks. But you did it for her sake, and Ginger is running happy & healthy at the RB now, no more pain. Please post more pictures and tell us your stories about your beautiful girl, sometimes that helps.

kallisto4529
11-24-2006, 07:39 AM
today was the first day I came home and you were not here waiting at the door, all excited to see me with hugs and kisses. i started crying before i ever got out of the car, this pain is unbearable, i miss my sweet loving girl. the house is way to quiet without you, im so lost without you and mousse here to take care of every day and to love. i know in time this will pass but right now it is just the worst feeling in the world. i know you are happier now at least your not sick your able to play and run and enjoy life, i just wish you were still here with me able to do all of that.
mommy loves you baby girl.

borzoimom
11-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
And here is a support group- http://www.petloss.com/
You are right- much better place now..

Pawsitive Thinking
11-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I have no right to ask, but I will anyway, please pray for us that we are strong enough to do the right thing for her and not make it about us!!!

You have every right to ask! You loved your baby as much as we love ours which is why you did the kindest, bravest thing you could do

kallisto4529
12-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Ginger,
I know mommy does not write in this very often, its not because I dont think of you, I do that daily and several times through out the day and night. It is just hard because it brings the pain back of loosing you again. Daddy and I still have your food bowl where you left it, your bed in our room next to my side of the bed, we still even have your meds you were taking in the same place where we last gave them to you. I can't stand the thought of moving them, that is one step closer i have to get to knowing you are never coming back to us. I miss you more than words can say, i look for you every time i go home and in every aspect of our lives i miss you terribly. Daddy misses you too, he is so sad. We are not even putting a christmas tree up this year because we can't seem to get in the spirit of christmas without you and mousse. I know in my heart we did the right thing for you but at the same time I wish I could have kept you with me longer. I love you my baby girl more than you will ever know.
love mommy

pitc9
12-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Oh....{tears}
Many hugs to you and your husband during this hard time.

Dorothy39
12-09-2006, 11:18 AM
This morning we said goodbye to our beautiful little girl!!! Ginger you will be forever missed and loved by mommy and daddy. Go and be happy and healthy, play with mousse, enjoy being full of life again and enjoying it.
we love you pumpkin

I'm so SORRY~kallisto4529~ For your Doubled Loss :(

I've had both of you on my mind~ And I have to tell you that Ginger was a very Beautiful dog too!! I could see that she was so loved.

We too Lost a Beloved pet , just before Christmas last year~ It left a hole in our hearts, yet, finding" Pet Talk" has helped me heal (little by little),

May Sweet Memories of Ginger and Mousse Comfort You This Christmas~

Karen
12-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Prayers for all of you. It is a hard decision, but one that we understand.

kallisto4529
01-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Well my little pumpkin it has been a hard christmas and new year without you, and without mousse too. Mommy misses you both so much, the holiday's have not been the same without you. I am sitting here at work thinking about you, wishing you were going to be home sitting or laying there waiting on me, we can go for our morning walk, and wait for daddy to get home, you would get all excited and jump around in circle's, then after we had breakfast we would go take a nap for mommy and daddy having to go to work that night, you would get on your bed and sleep right next to my side or you would sleep up on the bed with me and snuggle real close. Beijing seems to be enjoying having the house to herself now, but mommy's heart is still aching and i hate coming home and not finding one of you there. I wish you and mousse a very happy new year at the rainbow ridge, mommy loves you with all her heart.

kallisto4529
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
My sweet Ginger mommy misses you so much, I got daddy's last and very best christmas gift today, he has not seen it yet, it's a mouse pad for the computer and it has the very last picture on it we took of you!!!!!!! It is just beautiful, it is not the same as having you here with us, but I think it will give us some comfort and its a special memorial to you from us. Grammy and I are getting New Year's dinner ready, we just put the ham in the oven and I can't help but think and remember the way you and Mousse use to always stay in the kitchen with mommy and "help" her cook, or you would help clean up the floor from my "oops spills", lol. My heart if very full right now with the memories of the two of you and the 15yrs combined that I was so wonderfully blessed to have you in my life, from the time you were just tiny babies to the last days you were here, God blessed us with the most precious and inspiring love anyone could have. I try to concentrate on the good times and the good memories of you both and know that one day we will all be together again. I love you both. Mommy.

Taz_Zoee
01-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't mean to intrude on your words to Ginger, but I am so sorry. I understand what you are going through. Our DJ (who looks a lot like your Mousse and Ginger) has been gone since March of 2005 and we always think of him and the silly things he use to do to make us laugh.
In the RB dog video they have the three blond cockers all in a row. Mousse, Ginger and then DJ. :) When I first showed my boyfriend the video he almost thought Mousse was DJ but he didn't recognize the surroundings.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

kallisto4529
01-07-2007, 03:59 AM
hello my sweet babies, another day, hour, minute has gone by and you are not with me any longer. Daddy loved the mouse pad we got for him Ginger, he cried when he opened it. I knew that he would, he loved you still loves you so much. grammy and i were talking to the neighbor yesterday about you and mousse, oh mousse its been two years and some days its just like it was yesterday for me, sometimes i sit and remember each moment i was blessed to have you, i remember how when you were just a baby, you would cry if i did not take you everywhere with me, we are not just talking about small crying and then letting it go, no you had to sit at the door to wherever i had exited and cry yourself sick, except for when i went to work, i had to take you everywhere with me. I did not mind though, I loved having you with me, we were so close, I still feel you here with mommy from time to time. Ginger mommy found one of your jackets yesterday, I sat and held it and smelled you on it and i just cried. Chance the neighbors beagle still comes over and looks for you, he came in the house today trying to see where you were, it breaks my heart, he does not understand you are not here anymore.
I love and miss you both dearly, one day I know the pain will not be so great, right now it just comes in waves.

trayi52
01-07-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm so sorry about Ginger. You will be in my prayers.

Willie :(

chocolatepuppy
01-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I can't stand the thought of moving them, that is one step closer i have to get to knowing you are never coming back to us.

I'm so sorry for your loss of both Mousse and Ginger. While they may not be coming back to you here on this earth, they are still here with you in spirit. All the wonderful memories, no one can take away. Someday you will be reunited. And then you will see two happy,healthy pups who have been waiting patiently for you for many years.
In time the pain will lessen, but memories will always be there. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as the new year proceeds and hopefully each day will bring you just a little bit closer to finding peace in your heart. {hugs}

kallisto4529
02-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Hello my sweet girl, it has been 4 months today that we had to say goodbye to you. My heart still aches for you, I miss you so much, sometimes it seems like forever since you went to the Bridge, sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday. I still have alot of your stuff sitting in the same place as it was when you left, mommy cant move it yet, I have a few things little by little. I do hope and pray you and Mousse are having a wonderful time at the Bridge and that you both still know how very much I love you. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think of you both. The other night I told Daddy that you two were visiting, I heard Mousse's snores and I felt you bumping against the bed like you always did when you were in a playful mood. At first daddy thought mommy was crazy but then he felt it too. We both started to cry knowing you guy's were letting us know you were ok. It does my heart good to know you both can come home from time to time. Always remember we love you both very much and we miss you just as much.
Love, mommy.

todd
02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
so sorry

kallisto4529
03-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Yesterday was a rough day for mommy, I finally moved your stuff from where it has lain the last 4 months and i finally threw out all those medicines you were taking, off and on the last several months we still had you here with us. Part of it was like loosing you all over again, I knew it had to be done but my heart did not want to let it go. Ginger, I never doubt that daddy and I did the right thing for you, and that we took care of you as well as we possibly could have, and I know your Dr did everything that he could possibly do for you, but sometimes that just does not help, it doesnt help on the days that mommy misses you and Mousse so bad that I feel like I am going nuts, it does not replace this empty spot inside me that just never seems to go away. I loved each of you differently but never doubt it was just as strong for you both. Mommy has a birthday coming up this month and I dont even care about it, it will not be the same anyway and it puts me that much closer to june when it would have been your birthday. I know for some people they just dont understand but you and bubby were my kids, God did not put it in the cards for mommy to have human kids, but he sure did put it in the cards for me to have furkids, and to love them as if they were my own and to care for them and nurture them, and that is what i did with you and bubby, and now there is an empty hole where the two of you filled it up. I pray that both of you understand when the day comes and mommy gets another furkid, but please dont ever think it will ever replace you or mousse, never never could it.
Run fast and play hard at the Bridge my angel's, and always remember mommy loves you more than anything.

elizabethann
03-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Yesterday was a rough day for mommy, I finally moved your stuff from where it has lain the last 4 months and i finally threw out all those medicines you were taking, off and on the last several months we still had you here with us. Part of it was like loosing you all over again, I knew it had to be done but my heart did not want to let it go. Ginger, I never doubt that daddy and I did the right thing for you, and that we took care of you as well as we possibly could have, and I know your Dr did everything that he could possibly do for you, but sometimes that just does not help, it doesnt help on the days that mommy misses you and Mousse so bad that I feel like I am going nuts, it does not replace this empty spot inside me that just never seems to go away. I loved each of you differently but never doubt it was just as strong for you both. Mommy has a birthday coming up this month and I dont even care about it, it will not be the same anyway and it puts me that much closer to june when it would have been your birthday. I know for some people they just dont understand but you and bubby were my kids, God did not put it in the cards for mommy to have human kids, but he sure did put it in the cards for me to have furkids, and to love them as if they were my own and to care for them and nurture them, and that is what i did with you and bubby, and now there is an empty hole where the two of you filled it up. I pray that both of you understand when the day comes and mommy gets another furkid, but please dont ever think it will ever replace you or mousse, never never could it.
Run fast and play hard at the Bridge my angel's, and always remember mommy loves you more than anything.

I am sorry that you are still in pain. This post describes exactly how I feel. I had to put my best kitty friend, Maxie, to sleep less than 2 weeks ago. A day hasn't gone by that I haven't cried for him. Last night I cried and cried and begged for him to come back. I went on vacation last week to Florida. Before Maxie died I was afraid to fly. But after Maxie died, I didn't care whether the plane crashed or not. I thought if it crashed, at least I would be with my Maxie.

I wish our pets could stay with us forever. And I hope someday our hearts won't hurt so badly. Take care.

cyber-sibes
03-06-2007, 01:05 PM
((((gentle hugs)))) sending you thoughts of sympathy.

Taz_Zoee
03-06-2007, 04:18 PM
((tears)) I am so sorry Marti. Your love for them will never go away, but perhaps someday the pain will lessen.
Please know you are always in my thoughts.
And don't forget to smile! :) Both of them wouldn't like to see you sad, they'd want to see you smile! :D

kallisto4529
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Mommy has not written in a while my precious girl, I am very sorry for that. Mommy and daddy got another dog, his name is Reilly, I think part of you would have liked him because of his spunk, but the older part of you would have hated having a puppy around. I miss you and mousse on a daily basis that will never change nor the love I have for the both of you. You have been on my mind more so lately, your birthday is coming up, it's very hard for me to think of you not being here!!! it hurts to think this would have been your 13th birthday, God blessed Mommy for many years and I am forever thankful for that. Please dont be upset about Reilly, he will never take you or mousse's place, mommy misses you so much my sweet girl, when Mousse died Ginger I did not think I would be able to get through it, but you were right there by my side, I think you grieved as hard as mommy did, I hope you are playing and running like you always loved to do and that you are safe and healthy. I love you

elizabethann
05-10-2007, 07:56 AM
I am sure your every word is being heard.

Take care.

Dorothy39
05-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I know that every word you "said" is being heard~

May your Sorrow become Your Gift , as one by one, the Golden Memories serve you with Comfort and with Peace.

lvmypets
05-22-2007, 07:23 AM
I know what you are going through. just last saturday we had to put our sweet girl to sleep. She had cancer she fought it for almost two years. I cry every day. I Know that she is in Heaven and I Know she is not suffering anymore. She is their with all the other dogs and cats they will met your baby and he will be with all of them. In time God will heal your heart as he will heal mine. God Bless you and your husband.

kallisto4529
11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Tomorrow is your one year anniversary of the day we had to say goodbye to you my sweetheart. Mommy misses you as much today as I did that day. The pain I felt that day has eased some, but I will always remember what it felt like to have to say good bye to you, it was so hard. Daddy and I never wanted to have to do that, but we also knew that it was the best thing to do for you. Ginger you were our sweet little angel and now you are our angel at the Rainbow Bridge.
We love and miss you so much. I know tomorrow is Thanksgiving but it won't be for me, I am grateful for all that I have, for having you and Mousse in my life for as long as I did, for Reilly, but I still mourn for you guys and I always will. So tomorrow won't be much of a Holiday for Mommy but that is ok, it is a day I will honor you and remember you, just like I do Mousse on Christmas Eve.
Rest easy by Ginger Girl and know that Mommy loves you so very much and you will always be in my heart.
I Love You.

Taz_Zoee
11-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Big HUGS to you and Jeff!!

loveallfurryfriends
11-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I know that your Ginger & Mousse feel your & your husbands love always. They are watching you guys from the bridge, and are so happy that you are sharing your love & home with a another furbaby. You and your husband will see them both again one day, and you will all be a family again(Reilly too). Keep playing hard @ the bridge Ginger & Mousse, your mommy and daddy love you always.

dukedogsmom
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I wonder if they've met Duke yet? I hope they're all playing and having a good time. It gets easier but not a lot. I just wish we could feel their presence. At least we'll be able to smile this Christmas, though. Our RB dogs found us a couple of good ones.

kallisto4529
11-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Ginger my sweet little girl, today marks two years since you left us to go to the Rainbow Bridge, wow just does not seem like it. I am sure bebe kitty is with you and Mousse now and having a great time with you guys and you are protecting her from the other dogs...lol you know she only liked you and Mousse. Mommy misses you as much today as I did that horrible morning we had to say goodbye to you. I know you are at peace, you guys come and let me know every now and then. I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and I love you my sweet girl.

AdoreMyDogs
11-22-2008, 08:59 AM
I know how bad it hurts. You are doing the right thing by not forgetting, and by focusing on the happy memories.

I'd love to see pictures of the new guy (who's not so new anymore since this thread goes back a while) if you get the chance.

Hugs :)