PDA

View Full Version : Connor is on his way!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-21-2006, 03:55 PM
I just got back from dropping Connor off at the airport - he is on his way to Cheryl (Emily_The_spoiled) in Washington.

It's almost 1 in the morning here, and after such an emotional day, I just want to crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep. I've been crying all day - I love my big fat balding tail-less deaf furkid so much. :(

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible, with your support and donations.

If you want to track Connor's progress, you can do so here (http://www.baworldcargo.com/tracking/results.jsp). The waybill number is: 125-21334095

I'll be back online in the morning, hopefully things will look better after some sleep. :(

jenluckenbach
11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
GOOD LUCK Connor!!! Have a great flight. And don't be afraid, you are going to a GOOD place.

{{{{{{{{{Julie}}}}}}}}} I know how hard this must be. How sad it had to be like this. Maybe one day you will be reunited.

Logan
11-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Julie, I have been wondering about you and the kitties and how you managed to work everything out. Connor is going to be fine! How could he not be? :) Hang in there and have sweet dreams. I know you are ready to join your husband and daughter.

Logan

jazzcat
11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Have a safe flight Connor!

Julie, I'm so sorry you are having to do this. (((HUGS))) and hang in there.

Biscuit's Mom
11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm praying for a safe and uneventful journey for Connor. Also, that Connor will remain calm throughout the journey, not feel too scared, and arrive safely in Washington. I certainly will be thankful for THAT.

Biscuit's Mom

lizbud
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
It is bittersweet isn't it? :( Conner is going to someone who loves
him already. He will be fine. Have a good rest now. :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
As of 5:45 pm Eastern time:

British Airways World Cargo ~ T R A C K A N D T R A C E R E S U L T S

Summary

AWB:125-21334095
Origin:BAHRAIN, Bahrain (BAH)
Destination: WASHINGTON, United States (WAS)
Total pieces: 1
Weight:10.0 kghttp://www.baworldcargo.com/images/ph.gif

Details:

booked BA124, 22NOV from BAHRAIN (BAH) to LONDON HEATHROW
(LHR) scheduled time of departure 02:10 = 6:10 PM Eastern Time
Take-Off at Bahrain to London

1 piece received from shipper or his agent 21NOV 18:48 at BAHRAIN
(BAH)

booked BA217, 22NOV from LONDON HEATHROW (LHR) to WASHINGTON - DULLES (IAD) scheduled time of departure 10:55 AM = 05:55 AM Take-Off from London to Washington
Arrival Time at Washington-Dulles (IAD) is unknown ??
So, IF I did the Time Zone Shuffle correctly -

Connor is about ready to FLY outta Bahrain ... next stop London, England.
Fly Safe, Kiddo!!
;)

Felicia's Mom
11-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Have a safe flight Connor, and God Bless!

CathyBogart
11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Fly safe Connor!

Catty1
11-21-2006, 07:10 PM
And have you found a place for Ally? Or can you maybe take one furbaby with you?

HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
As of 10:00 pm Eastern time on Tuesday:

British Airways World Cargo ~ TRACK & TRACE RESULTS ~~
Summary

AWB: 125-21334095
Origin: BAHRAIN, Bahrain (BAH)
Weight: 10.0 kghttp://www.baworldcargo.com/images/ph.gif

Details:

(BAH)
booked on Flight # BA0124, 22NOV from BAHRAIN (BAH) to LONDON
HEATHROW (LHR) scheduled time of departure 02:10 = 6:10 PM
Eastern Time - Take-Off at Bahrain to London ...
Due to ARRIVE London Heathrow at 06:01 AM London time which
will be 01:01 AM Eastern time.
booked on Flight # BA0217, 22NOV from LONDON HEATHROW (LHR) to WASHINGTON - DULLES (IAD) scheduled time of departure 10:55 AM London time = 05:55 AM Eastern time Take-Off from London to Washington
Arrival Time at Washington-Dulles (IAD) is scheduled
for 2:10 PM on Wednesday.

Connor is somewhere between Bahrain and London , England.
... next stop London, England.

Fly Safe, Kiddo!!
;)

Logan
11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Phred. Our prayers are with Connor.

AbbyMom
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm so excited for Connor. Prayers for his safe flight!

Uabassoon
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I hope you are enjoying your flight Connor!

Edwina's Secretary
11-21-2006, 11:12 PM
I hope to be one of the first to say...."Welcome to the United States of America Connor!

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Have a safe trip Connor!!!:)
Julie, I'm so sorry that you have to do this but Connor will be in a very wonderful loving home and I'm sure that you'll receive lots of updates and pictures of him. Take care. (((HUGS)))

Cinder & Smoke
11-22-2006, 12:50 AM
:)

As of 1:45 AM, Wednesday ...

British Airways is reporting Flight # 124 from Bahrain to London/Heathrow Airport
HAS LANDED in London at 1:16 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Connor "hangs out" in London till 05:55 AM (Eastern Time) when he boards
Flight # 217 from London to Washington DC / Dulles Airport (IAD) -
Due to arrive at 2:10 PM Wednesday afternoon.

---------------------------------------------------------
British Airways World Cargo ~ TRACK & TRACE RESULTS ~~
Summary

AWB: 125-21334095
Origin: BAHRAIN, Bahrain (BAH)
Weight: 10.0 kghttp://www.baworldcargo.com/images/ph.gif

Details:

(BAH)
booked on Flight # BA0124, 22NOV from BAHRAIN (BAH) to LONDON
HEATHROW (LHR) scheduled time of departure 02:10 = 6:10 PM
Eastern Time - Take-Off at Bahrain to London ...
Due to ARRIVE London Heathrow at 06:01 AM London time which
will be 01:01 AM Eastern time. (Actual Arrival was at 1:16 AM)
booked on Flight # BA0217, 22NOV from LONDON HEATHROW (LHR) to WASHINGTON - DULLES (IAD) scheduled time of departure 10:55 AM London time = 05:55 AM Eastern time ~ Take-Off from London to Washington
Arrival Time at Washington-Dulles (IAD) is scheduled
for 2:10 PM on Wednesday.

Connor is "resting" in the London/Heathrow Airport ...
... next stop Washington DC / USA!

Fly Safe, Kiddo!!
;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the updates Phred - what would we do without our very own international Pet Talk Air Traffic Controller! :) :D

I hope Connor is not too scared - at least he can't HEAR all the strange noises! I had to pack food and water for his Heathrow stopover - hope their is a nice Air Hostess to give you your breakfast, my angel!

The house feels empty - even Ally is upset, and she was never Connor's Number 1 fan!

jenluckenbach
11-22-2006, 04:19 AM
If I read the track and trace results correctly, Connor should be leaving London in about half an hour.

Hope you enjoying British hospitality, Connor. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-22-2006, 04:26 AM
Awww Julie..... :( I am so sorry that you had to part with sweet Connor...!
But he is flying to his new loving home now, so don't you worry about him dear :) . How about lovely Aly???
I hope you are feeling a bit better now. You are in my mind, always!!

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Connor is probably in his seat by now and taxi-ing out to the runway ready for takeoff. Hope you enjoyed your brief visit, Connor! Have a safe flight.

sirrahbed
11-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Real-Time Flight Tracker (http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight)

Select British Airways from the first drop-down menu, and then the number 217

FlightView (http://www.flightview.com/) gives a nice visual also.

Connor is over the ocean and approaching the southern tip of Greenland right now. How exciting!! :D

pitc9
11-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh that real time tracker is great!!
Here's where he is right now!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the link Debbie!!
He he,Connor, only 5 more hours to go, uh FLY :)

ramanth
11-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Safe travels Connor! You're almost there! :D

*hugs to Julie*

Anita Cholaine
11-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Have a safe trip, Connor! I'll be thinking of you! ;)

Julie, I'm so sorry that you had to do this... At least you know he will live in a loving home.. (((((HUGS))))

Catty1
11-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Only two hours 12 minutes! Hugs to Connor!

Julie, if your mom is taking Ally and you need more dontaions. let me know. I lost the thread for donations for Connor.

(If you need more anyway, PM me, ok?)

Kirsten
11-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh ((((((Julie)))))!!! This must have been such a hard thing to do!!! If I had to part with one of my girls, I think I could never stop crying!!!

I hope Connor has a safe trip, and isn't too scared!! He should arrive in his new home very soon. I'll check in later to read the news about him!!!

Kirsten

Edwina's Secretary
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Connor is probably in his seat by now and taxi-ing out to the runway ready for takeoff. Hope you enjoyed your brief visit, Connor! Have a safe flight.

I hope he keeps his seat belt sercurely fastened! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
11-22-2006, 11:23 AM
I hope the rest of his flight goes well! Looks like he's almost safely on the ground at last. :)

Ginger's Mom
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh Conner, what were you thinking travelling on the busiest travel day of the year? ;) Hope you are enjoying your flight young man.

{{{Big Hugs}}} to you Ally Cat's Mommy.

pitc9
11-22-2006, 12:15 PM
His plane is over the states now!!!!

:D

Catty1
11-22-2006, 12:19 PM
1 hour left! Flight 217 has decreased altitude from 35,000 to 30,000 feet.

Beginning approach for landing! :D

Julie - your Conner will be in his co-meowmie's loving care in no time!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

wolflady
11-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Julie, I know this was hard for you, but take comfort in Connor going to a new loving home here in the states. We're all anxiously awaiting his arrival! :D

**hugs**

pitc9
11-22-2006, 12:54 PM
ONLY 22 minuets left till 4 paws are on the ground!! :D

Catty1
11-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I'll bet he will be THIRSTY! Airplane air can be dry...

Almost home, baby! :D

Donnaj4962
11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
How exciting that Connor is on his way... actually, according to my clock, he landed a few minutes ago! Soon, he will be in loving arms!

I know that this had to be hard for you to do, but rest assured that Connor will be very loved in his new home! Who better than a PT person???? ;)

Welcome to the United States Connor! Hope you get to enjoy some turkey with your new family!

Barbara
11-22-2006, 01:29 PM
That is really exciting- I hope that for one time it is good Connor can't hear all the noise.

Biscuit's Mom
11-22-2006, 01:32 PM
According to Flytecomm.com, Connor has landed.

WELCOME TO THE USA CONNOR!!!!!!

pitc9
11-22-2006, 01:38 PM
welcome To The USA Connor!!!

ramanth
11-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome the the U.S. of A. Connor!!! :D

Randi
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Julie, I missed this due to connection problems. I'm so glad Connor has landed safely in USA. It's been tough for you, I know, but just think .... he'll be with a PTalker and spoiled rotten . :) Maybe one day, you'll be reunited.

I hope to be able to log on hear the updates.

((((Hugs))))

Catty1
11-22-2006, 02:43 PM
WOOHOO!

Welcome home, baby!

Look pretty for some pics, as your mommy in Bahrain wants to see that you are ok! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey baby. Hope you had a good flight....

Tell Aunty Cheryl to give you a big kiss and hug from me! Everyone here is missing you SOOOOO much :(

emily_the_spoiled
11-22-2006, 06:07 PM
HE IS HERE!!!!

Well he made it!!!!! It was a long flight for him and they changed his carrier in London, then he had a 3 hour car ride back to my place (although the airport is less than 45 miles). After the hour and a half mark he started to complain, but who could blame him I was thinking the same thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He is now in the spare bedroom with wet food, dry food, water, and a litter box. I think he will be much happier, but I suspect that it will be a few days before he is fully recovered.

It looks like he and Oliver (my other deaf guy) will be able to compete to see who is the loudest :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
11-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Yay! I'm so happy to hear that he made it home safely!

jenluckenbach
11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
WELCOME CONNOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to hear you are safe and sound.

gini
11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
What a happy ending to a long story and flight.

God love you Cheryl for taking Connor into your heart and home!

ramanth
11-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm so happy he made it there okay. :D

Rachel
11-23-2006, 05:56 AM
This has been a bit of a nerve wracking thread to follow, but with a happy ending. I so glad Connor has made the long journey safely and has ended up in such a loving home. Of course we will want to continue to hear about his adjustment in his new home.

lbaker
11-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks for checking in Cheryl. Sorry I couldn't drive with you, dumb office doesn't understand what a real emergency is I'm thinking :rolleyes: I'll call you later today. Whew, driving to the airport on a very rainy day the day before Thanksgiving to pick up a rescue... You Cheryl are an angel :)

Ginger's Mom
11-23-2006, 07:12 AM
I am so glad to hear that Connor is safe and sound in his new home. I second what Laurie said, making the trip to the airport in yesterday's weather on the day before Thanksgiving is a real act of love. ;) Welcome to the States, Connor.

emily_the_spoiled
11-23-2006, 08:06 AM
You are going to "kill" me...When I tried my digital camera yesterday the batteries were dead :o

So I do not have any pictures of Connor arriving.

Last night when I checked on him before going to bed he was fast asleep...on top of the heating vent :rolleyes: Something tells me it is a little cooler here than in Bahrain.

Killearn Kitties
11-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Awww poor baby! Perhaps he needs a little sweater until his fur thickens up! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
11-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Awww poor baby! Perhaps he needs a little sweater until his fur thickens up! :D

A Superman one maybe?

pitc9
11-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Last night when I checked on him before going to bed he was fast asleep...on top of the heating vent :rolleyes: Something tells me it is a little cooler here than in Bahrain.

He's no dummy!! :D
Sounds like he likes his new digs already!

emily_the_spoiled
11-24-2006, 10:24 AM
So I went in to visit Connor last night and he actually came over to me and wanted all kinds of attention!!! I think he is starting to feel a little more relaxed here, but I have not started the introduction process (although everyone else sure is curious about him :D )

gini
11-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Aww, doesn't that just warm your heart?

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-24-2006, 11:11 AM
So I went in to visit Connor last night and he actually came over to me and wanted all kinds of attention!!! I think he is starting to feel a little more relaxed here, but I have not started the introduction process (although everyone else sure is curious about him :D )

AWW that's typical of Connor - he is a big softie, and just loves attention. One funny thing to try when he is a bit more settled - if you give him scritchies on his back, about an inch above the stump of his tail, he goes into a trance and licks the air - it's sooo funny!!

I am so glad he feels comfortable and relaxed enough already to come to you for luvvies! I'm looking foward to hearing how the intro's go.

shais_mom
11-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm so glad this is working out!

Randi
11-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Aww, it was a long and exhausting trip for Connor, but I'm glad he made it without any incidents. :) It sounds like thinks it's a little chilly there, but so good to hear he's coming for cuddles already. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear how he's getting on.

Cheryl, I'm glad he ended up with you and not someone who doesn't understand cats.

Julie, although you will miss him, you must be so relieved. :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Connor is feeling more relaxed and wants scritches from you.:) I can't wait to hear about the intoductions and see some pictures too.:)

Cataholic
11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
More Connor stories, please! :D

emily_the_spoiled
11-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Well Connor is out and about today. Yesterday he decided to "introduce himself" to the other cats in the household and there weren't any problems. So he is now out enjoying the entire house.

Yesterday he even tried to "help" me lay some ceramic tile in the family room ... not that he was great help :rolleyes:

He even slept on the bed last night. I will admit that since he in not quite a light on his feet as some of the other cats and he woke me up when he jumped on the bed (and then proceeded to walk on me :D )

Unfortunately he hasn't quite got the idea yet that he HAS to eat all his wet food when it is put out or else there isn't any left over. My sweet Emily has a problem knowing when to quit eating and she will clean everyone's plate :rolleyes:

Logan
11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the updates!!!! :) I'm so glad to hear that Connor is adjusting to life in your home, Cheryl!!!!Sounds like he is being "heard" and "felt". LOL!!! :p

pitc9
11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
I will admit that since he in not quite a light on his feet as some of the other cats and he woke me up when he jumped on the bed (and then proceeded to walk on me :D )
LOL!!!
How funny!

I'm so glad the introductions went well!! :D
Pictures Pleeeeeease!! :p

Randi
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm so glad Connor is out and about - jumping up on your bed and walking all over you is a sure sign that he feels secure. :D

I can't wait to hear updates, and hopefully see some pictures!