PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Ripa vs. Clay Aiken???

shais_mom
11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Let me say, I am not a Regis and Kelly watcher. I am not a Clay Aiken fan either.
She's upset b/c Aiken put his hand over her mouth during an interview. She feels he wouldn't have done it to another man. I think if he wouldn't have done it first and now there is such a ruckus, she would have done it to someone else at some time and thought it was funny and cute and it wouldn't be an issue.
I liked Ripa when she was on the soaps, but now I could just as simply do without her!
http://www.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=entertainment&id=4779388

lizbud
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, she does yak all the time doesn't she? :p let me put it like this,
if she had her way, the show would be called Kelly & Regis show.

shais_mom
11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, she does yak all the time doesn't she? :p let me put it like this,
if she had her way, the show would be called Kelly & Regis show.
or maybe just
"Kelly"???

dukedogsmom
11-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I can't stand her. And I agree that if given the chance, she would have done it herself. I get the feeling that she's a big attention ho and "it's all about her".

Pam
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Let me say, I am not a Regis and Kelly watcher. I am not a Clay Aiken fan either.

Agree totally! I think Kelly is overly impressed with herself. :rolleyes: I wouldn't like someone putting their hand over my mouth either, but I would keep quiet about it and stew silently if at all.

Argranade
11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Kelly is a little bugger to me, come on I would have laughed about it. :rolleyes:

Logan
11-21-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't even know all that is going on, but somehow Rosie got involved today, with "the View". Good heavens. What a waste of good air time.

Marigold2
11-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I like Kelly and Clay but after seeing the incident on The View I think Clay has got too big for his britches. Sorry Clay but you just arent' that cool. :rolleyes: :eek: What he did was just rude, be it man to man, women to women, man to women or whatever. I would not want anyone doing that to me.

Karen
11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Anyone who puts his or her hand over my mouth is in for some serious pain - as an asthmatic, I am hypersensitive about anything potentially blocking my airway, or even touching my neck, so I would have reacted violently, then had to apologize.

(Yes, any of you who meet me in person ever, consider it your warning. My reaction is instant, physical and instinctual, I won't mean to hurt you, but will.)

If she was so oblivious to not see his hand coming, she shouldn't be that upset.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I hadn't heard the news story, so wondered who set up the boxing match!

shais_mom
11-21-2006, 10:12 PM
yea I think Kelly Ripa is full of hot air and likes to hear herself talk.
boxing match that's funny Karen!
no worries I'll stay away from your airway!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-21-2006, 11:18 PM
I think Clay Aiken was incredible disrespectful to Kelly. Yes she LOVES to talk, but that's no excuse to do what he did. I would never consider doing that to anyone, especially someone I hardly knew. To top it off they were in the middle of an interview, they weren't just hanging out and chatting amongst themselves. Kelly was trying to do her job and be professional while conducting an interview.

Kelly said to Clay "I don't know where your hand has been" which Rosie on the View took as Kelly having a problem with his being gay. I find that totally ridiculous. I only saw that as meaning his hands could be filled with germs. (My mom used to say the same thing to me when I was a kid- "put that toy down, I don't know where it's been"). Kelly is married to a germaphobe and has 3 young kids, being very cautious of germs is a part of her everyday life, more so than most people. Kelly had mentioned that she'd only met Clay for the first time that morning and that he'd been shaking everyone's hand, that's enough to make most people pull back and cringe, and she's more cautious than most.

Marigold2
11-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Yes Kelly does talk a lot but hey it's a talk show and that is what she is paid to do. Talk.

Sophist
11-22-2006, 05:09 AM
If someone had just walked onto my job that morning and assumed they were welcome to touch me, however playfully, I would firmly and quickly put the kibosh on it much like that. I don't like casual acquaintences being very hands-on, and I don't think most physical contact is at all appropriate for the work place. In my experience, the best way to avoid real problems is to come right out the gate letting folks know your whole body is a no-touchy zone and your personal space needs to be respected. That way, you don't set up a slippery slope by tolerating hands-on behavior that makes you slightly uncomfortable and then having it veer into a gray area or worse later on, simply because you've inadvertantly lead the other person to believe it was okay or welcome.

I've never been a fan of either one of these folks. I don't think Clay made any more than a slight faux pas, I think Kelly handled it fairly well, I don't see eidence of homophobia, I think it was awkward and sorta embarrassing for both, and I don't think it deserves even a small portion of the media attention it has recieved.

Pam
11-22-2006, 05:35 AM
I don't even know all that is going on, but somehow Rosie got involved today, with "the View". Good heavens. What a waste of good air time.

Now there is a show I rarely ever watched and with Rosie now on I most certainly never will. I would rather stare at the wall. Don't even get me started on Rosie.

Marigold2
11-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Rosie is horrid. Enough said.

elizabethann
11-22-2006, 07:51 AM
So this is what the commotion has been about? I'd walk by the t.v. or radio and hear something about Kelly & Rosie being in a fight - but it's really about Kelly & Clay with Rosie butting in? I wish I could see the video of Clay doing that to Kelly.

Personally, I don't watch any of those shows because I don't like Kelly and I don't like Rosie (and I'm also at work). But I do like Clay.

Does anybody know where I can see the video? :)

Grace
11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I saw the show when this incident happened - I had turned it on specifically to see Emmitt and Cheryl.

If someone I was meeting for the first time put his hand over my mouth, I would have bitten it! I don't care how much he wanted to talk, there was no reason to do that. And she was correct - who knows where that hand had been.

Sophist
11-22-2006, 02:07 PM
So this is what the commotion has been about? I'd walk by the t.v. or radio and hear something about Kelly & Rosie being in a fight - but it's really about Kelly & Clay with Rosie butting in? I wish I could see the video of Clay doing that to Kelly.

Personally, I don't watch any of those shows because I don't like Kelly and I don't like Rosie (and I'm also at work). But I do like Clay.

Does anybody know where I can see the video? :)

I had to look it up online since I never watch either show... here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9nrd10fR8

I do think it was pretty wrong of O'donnell to so openly discuss Clay Aiken as a gay man when he, as far as I know, has never publicly outed himself. She tried to keep her sexuality a secret for a long time to protect her career until she decided it was politically advantageous to out herself. She should have better manners than to try to force someone else to let the public into such a personal portion of their life.

Sophist
11-22-2006, 02:10 PM
K, just saw this vid while getting the incident link, and I have to admit I found it kinda funny.

Oops, Kelly! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uproFyt2otE&mode=related&search=)

lvpets2002
11-22-2006, 02:31 PM
:) Totally Agree
I can't stand her. And I agree that if given the chance, she would have done it herself. I get the feeling that she's a big attention ho and "it's all about her".

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2006, 04:07 PM
She tries to hush Regis all the time. What's the difference?
As for Rosie, she sure is trying to make the whole world gay. Didn't she accuse Oprah just recently of being gay? What business is it of hers who is or isn't gay? :rolleyes:

finn's mom
11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
I definitely think it was completely uncalled for that he put his hand on her mouth. And, it was a full hand, completely closed, covering almost her entire face. It was very awkward. Rosie seems to just be one of those people that if you do or say anything about someone gay, that she's going to think that it's the reason you did or said it in the first place. I think Kelly's call to the show was professional, well said and appropriate. I don't have and have never had an opinion of Kelly Ripa or Clay Aiken (except that I don't like his music), though.

And as a side note, if I were Clay Aiken, I'd be more insulted by Rosie's comment about "if it were someone straight, or someone cute", implying that Clay is not cute, than by Kelly's response to him putting his hand over her mouth. I mean, she didn't name call, she didn't spout off a bunch of rude remarks, she simply said she thought it was disrespectful and uncalled for.

Anyway, it's "water under the bridge", to quote Ms. Ripa herself. Not to mention, small potatoes.

Speaking of potatoes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I mean, she didn't name call, she didn't spout off a bunch of rude remarks, she simply said she thought it was disrespectful and uncalled for.
And Kelly would know. She did the same thing to Regis. One of those shows that keep track of the stars dug up a picture and showed it of her with her hand covering Regis mouth from way back. I can't remember the name of the show it was on. Sorry, my old brain is not working well today. :D

finn's mom
11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
And Kelly would know. She did the same thing to Regis. One of those shows that keep track of the stars dug up a picture and showed it of her with her hand covering Regis mouth from way back. I can't remember the name of the show it was on. Sorry, my old brain is not working well today. :D

Did they know eachother then or was it their first meeting? I think that makes a huge difference as well.

Flatcoatluver
11-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Strange how big of a deal this has gotten.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mulS_wEULL0&mode=related&search=

RICHARD
11-23-2006, 12:52 PM
CA could have done us a favor and finished her off.

KR just sat there and let him shut her up.

--------------

I think there should be a Celebrity Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Rosie versus Kelly and CLay to take on the winner of the women's heavyweight division. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
11-23-2006, 04:59 PM
What was really hilarious was Clay and Tori Spelling on the AMA's the other night. teasing each other that she was carrying Clay's love child and then Tori put her hand over Clay's mouth and he came back with "I don't know where that hand's been." It was really :D

Husky15
11-23-2006, 05:42 PM
So he put his hand over Kelly's face. Sure it was disrespectful, but it's nothing to keep talking about. They should just get over it. We've all had people do small things to us like that, and I'm sure most of us have done small things ourselves, but we always forgive and forget.

And as for Kelly's call to Rosie, I think she acted very professional and mature and worded everything fine.

Sevaede
11-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I feel bad for Kelly. She is catching a whole lotta flack because she doesn't want someone putting their hand on her MOUTH. As has been said before, hands touch doors, hands, pens, desks, their own mouths, genitalia (scratching, etc. :p), etcccc. He might not have washed his hands since he had showered that day. Her reaction is completely reasonable.

Oh, and she has a playful personality and is VERY obvious when she is joking and pal'ing around with Regis. They've worked with each other for years and have understandings with each other. I don't think it's correct to assume that she is wild, obnoxious, and talkative all the time. She is very professional when the situation calls for it.

I would watch Regis&Kelly if I got up early enough. :o I used to watch it and always found Kelly to be quite amusing in her antics.

Denyce
11-24-2006, 07:34 AM
She tries to hush Regis all the time. What's the difference?
As for Rosie, she sure is trying to make the whole world gay. Didn't she accuse Oprah just recently of being gay? What business is it of hers who is or isn't gay? :rolleyes:

For me what the big and a very big difference is that Regis and Kelly have a relationship. They work together and have spent time together with each others families when not at work. Clay Aiken is a stranger to her and as such does not have the right to invade her personal space at all. However, I don't think it is as big of a deal as some are making it out to ber. I think Kelly handled it fine and yes, it was awkward, those things happen when you do something stupid like Clay did. He was wrong and it was totally inappropriate. But he is young and will learn from this and move on as everyone will.

Rosie is just a poor excuse for a human being as far as I am concerned.

Denyce

elizabethann
11-27-2006, 07:33 AM
I had to look it up online since I never watch either show... here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9nrd10fR8

Thanks for the video link.

I don't think it was appropriate of Rosie to even discuss it. Her "view" is way out of line.