PDA

View Full Version : If you had one day with someone who's gone

angelbow20
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
If you could have one day with anyone who has passed away who would it be? what would you guys do and why did you choose who you did?

I would say my granfather or grandmother, they were soooo amazing and taught me alot in life. my grandfather used to be a farmer and bred champion bloodline dobermans and show dogs and had lots of horses and rabbits and loved animals and my gram taught us how to cook great food and used to have great stories from back when they lived in Hungary and they were always there for me. I think I would just sit at there house with them and swing on the swings my granfather made with my grandmother and just talk to them about everything and anything!

PJ's Mom
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
My dad. Too many things were left unsaid and now that I'm older and wiser, I would definitely change some things.

slick
11-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Well, I was going to say my Dad but I talk to him everyday and he knows how I feel. So does my Grandmother.

I would have to say Randi's John (Jonza). I've heard about John, read his threads, seen some of his work and as far as I'm concerned, I would love to spend a day with John and Randi. :)

luvofallhorses
11-20-2006, 10:50 PM
my grandmother, because she was very special to me and we had a great relationship. she has be gone 3 years tomorrow. :(

Catty1
11-20-2006, 10:50 PM
My sister...whole and healthy and smartass...the only thing I would want for Christmas.... :( She was wonderful.

AdoreMyDogs
11-21-2006, 12:50 AM
My dad. I was only 11 months old when he died and I'd love to be able to know him.

CountryWolf07
11-21-2006, 12:59 AM
My grandmother. She's been gone since July 3, 1999. The pain is still very sharp. It will never go away. This is the time of the year when I think a lot about her - She was an amazing person, had so much love for the family, she was the ROCK in the family. She kept us together. I just can't wait to see her again someday and hug her; never let her go. What hurts the most is that I never got to say my final good-bye to her; eventhough I remember that evening when I hugged her... I somehow knew it was my last time to see her.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-21-2006, 04:33 AM
My Dad - just one day at his sparkling, wittiest, loveliest best would be fantastic. Maybe a game of swingball eh Dad?? ;)

and one last cuddle with my precious CallyPuss :(

Barbara
11-21-2006, 04:42 AM
Well, I was going to say my Dad but I talk to him everyday and he knows how I feel. So does my Grandmother.

I would have to say Randi's John (Jonza). I've heard about John, read his threads, seen some of his work and as far as I'm concerned, I would love to spend a day with John and Randi. :)

That is a very good idea, Slick :)

jackmilliesmom
11-21-2006, 07:01 AM
My Dad - he was my friend, confidant, picker-uper and general all round hero. I never had a bad day with him and he was wonderful. He died of a coronary thrombosis at the age of 47, I was 17 about to turn 18 and about to sit my final exams in school, my brother was 12 and had just made his confirmatio and my other brother was 9 and his birthday was 2 days before my dad died. He was such a wonderful caring kind man and looked after us all. My mom like her mother was and still is young widow and refused to meet or even try to meet a man again as my father she said was too much of a wonderful person to try and meet someone again she would always be comparing and felt that it would not be fair to that person.

If I could have him back I would tell him what he had missed out on with me and just have a general chit chat with him like we used to do and maybe sit and watch some t.v. curled up on the couch beside him like we used to do.

pitc9
11-21-2006, 07:41 AM
My grandfather, he was killed in a car accident before I was born.

elizabethann
11-21-2006, 07:48 AM
My dad. I was only 11 months old when he died and I'd love to be able to know him.

My Dad as well. He died when I was 2. All my brothers & sisters remember him and talk about "Daddy". I'd give anything in the world to know him....even for 1 day.

Okay...gotta stop typing...this thread is making me cry.

borzoimom
11-21-2006, 07:52 AM
My grandmother. She died of Altizmers, and became someone else in her last year, which made her death merciful- but I would love to have a day with her as herself to hold in my lasting memory.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-21-2006, 09:24 AM
My husbands dad, and his mom too! He never knew his dad, because his dad died when Bernard was only 2; his mom died 3 weeks after we got married... :(

I would love to talk with both of them!!

Marigold2
11-21-2006, 09:25 AM
For me it would be several people. First it would be my mom who died 11 days after a car accident on her way to my house. It would also include all of her family which I never got to meet. My mom was born in Witzheim, Germany in 1925. Witzheim no longer exits, it was taken over by Russia after WW11. My mom's entire family were sent to concentration camp. My mom was 17 at the time. Everyone died but her. She was freed by the Americans when she was 21. I have no photes of any of her family, I had 10 aunts and uncles I never got to meet. When my mom was released she could not return to her home, never got to go back. I can't even imagine what it is like to leave your home one day and never be able to return. Losing everything you own including all the people you love. My mom was not Jewish, not that there is anything wrong with that, she had brown hair and brown eyes, her skin was a little darker. Not all Germans are blond. What a lot of people don't realize, and the German people are too embrassed to admit is that thousands of German people where sent to the camps not because they were Jewish, but because Hilter wanted their land, (my grandparents were farmers) or because they spoke out about what was happening. Even though my mom had this horrible life she was the kindest, sweetest person you could ever meet. She was not bitter at all. She tried to enjoy everyday, because she knew tomorrow might not come for you. She loved animals, and cared for them all her life. She was a very postive person. I miss her terribly. My daughter, niece and I are all extreme animal lovers like her. When I look at my daughter I see my mother's face, so joyful for me. I wish I had pictures of her family. That I truly miss in my life along with my mom.

cyber-sibes
11-21-2006, 09:36 AM
My mom. She died 13 years ago. So many times I still talk to her even though she's not here. The day she died, I was late getting to the hospital (had two small children, long drive). She had just slipped into unconsciousness. Although I got to say I love you & goodbye, I would love to see her face and hear her talking to me again. Someday... :)

Logan
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
All of your stories are so touching. :(

I would have both sets of my grandparents and my sweet Great Aunts (Beulah, Fannie, Nell, and Alma), too. I have too many to even name. Just a minute more, with each of them, would soothe my soul.

Logan

jazzcat
11-21-2006, 10:39 AM
My Mom. She died 2 1/2 years ago while I was away in D.C. There have been so many things that have happened since she's been gone and I still want to share them with her. She was the one I could always talk to and turn to with my problems.

caseysmom
11-21-2006, 10:48 AM
My grandmother. She's been gone since July 3, 1999. .

That is the same exact day my mother died. I would choose my mother, so many things I would like to say. We had a great relationship and were good friends but still would like to say more.

4 Dog Mother
11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
My son. He died 1 and 1/2 years ago (July, 2005) and I would like to know what was going on with him. To find out why. To tell him how much his dad and I loved him and how much we needed him - still need him. To tell him how proud I was of him.

Karen
11-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I really couldn't chose - maybe my maternal grandmother, she died when I was 5 or 6 months old, so I never knew her in person, really, though I know her well from family stories. Or my second cousin Emily, who committed suicide at the age of 16 with her best friend, to ask why, and settle her parents' and uncle's minds. I'd love to see each of my other grandparents and their siblings and hug them again, there are just so many people ...

Queen of Poop
11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
I would have to say my dog Sami.

While I miss my grandparents and my brother and sister I truly believe I miss my Sami the most. She was like my child, as I never had children of my own. I miss her stealing my gardening gloves and tearing around the yard with them to get my attention when I spent too much time in the garden. I really miss her sleeping on my feet, keeping them warm. I miss her barking for vegies when I'm making salad. Yes, if I could I'd love some time with Sami.

carole
11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
My Auntie Kate who sadly took her own life a few years ago, I only met her the one time she came down to NZ from Scotland, and I loved her, she was this beautiful person, who I am sure i had a connection with, I would love to be with her again and get to know her ,as i really never had the chance.

caseysmom
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
My son. He died 1 and 1/2 years ago (July, 2005) and I would like to know what was going on with him. To find out why. To tell him how much his dad and I loved him and how much we needed him - still need him. To tell him how proud I was of him.

Hugs...can't imagine what you have gone through. I think about you often and hope it gets easier.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Gosh this thread is sad, I'm trying not to cry here.

I've been fortunate and have not lost anyone close to me- except my cat Yogi who died last year at 17. I would love to see her again and hold her.

Pam
11-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I never knew any of my grandparents. My father's parents died before he even met my mother and my mother's parents were both gone by the time I was nine months old. I have heard so many stories about all of them that have fascinated me over the years. I wish I could spend one day with each of them.

Kfamr
11-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd love to meet my grandmother. My sister was the only one out of my siblings and I to meet her. My grandpa's new wife has always been grandma to me, but I'd love to meet my mom's mom. She sounds like such a wonderful lady from all of the stories I've heard.

Alysser
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Either one of my Grandfather's, I never knew either but while growing up I always wanted a grandpa. Everyone in school would talk about their weekends, doing all this fun stuff with their Grandpa. I would often feel left out. I wish I had the courage to ask my parents about them both.

Twisterdog
11-21-2006, 10:54 PM
My brother. I was only twelve years old when he died, and I would love to meet him again as an adult and get to know him.

Lori Jordan
11-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I have two people,My Brother is one he was killed when i was 18 he was 21,He chose a different style of life got involved with drugs,owing people money,drug dealers at that,im not going to go into details but he had his life taken from him,He was such a great guy before all of what happend,I feel for my neice she has to grow up withought a father and a very unstable mother that will not let any of us see her,

Also my gradfather he was like a father to me always there for me when i needed him he pased October 31,2003,I miss him so i still cannot come to the fact that he is gone,But he is in a better place out of pain and suffering,I wish i could turn back time but what is there to do? I had many great years with this man and memories are the only thing left.

anna_66
11-22-2006, 03:41 PM
My twin sisters, Lisa & Teresa.
They were both taken from this world far too soon.
Lisa died at 3 months from SIDS and Teresa at 6 months. She had a hole in her heart and died from complications during heart surgery.

I was only 5 at the time so there's not much I remember about them, but I'd love to be able to talk to them at the age they would be now (35 years old).

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Gosh, I'd like to see both my mom and dad. But I'd have to pick mom just because she died when I had just turned 13. I had Dad my entire life and we were best pals and he knows how much I love him but I never got to say good bye to my mom.

I'd like to just sit and talk to her and hear the stories of her life. :)

Chilli
11-22-2006, 04:03 PM
My grandmum on my dad's side.
My dad tells me so many stories about her.. and tells me I remind him so much of her. I think we would have gotten along marvelously.

Argranade
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
No one, I don't have anyone I want to see that's dead cause I don't know anyone speacail that died.

If it was a pet however I would choose Argranade ...

k9krazee
11-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I would love to meet my grandmother, my mom's mom. She commited suicide when my mom was 16, so I obviously never got the chance to meet her and I would absolutely love to. My mom and aunts speak so highly of her, I'm sure she was a wonderful person.

Or I'd like to see my cousin Jason. He too (we think) commited suicide, he must've been 18-20 years old. I have very few memories of him, but there are some. I would love to know why, and how, he could leave knowing he had a baby on the way.

finn's mom
11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I would go to the zoo on a perfect day with my dad. I would take a ton of photos (because I barely have any of him) and spend the entire day talking and laughing and loving. I'd like to go out dancing with him later that night, too, to show him that his love for music didn't die with him.

lizbud
11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
This is an interesting subject. I have a few people that I would love to
spend even one more day with and they are all family members.My Grandma,
mom's mom. She was the sweetest,wisest, most beautiful person.She lived
with us when we were small children & she was as close to me as my Mom.

I would love to spend a day talking about her life in Ireland. She told us
many things but I think, as kids, we though we had all the time in the world.

moosmom
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
My Mom, who died 33 years ago at the age of 44. I never got to say goodbye to her. She never got the chance to meet a spectacular granddaughter who is the bravest, most wonderful person I know, AND a 14 year cancer survivor.

jujuboy
11-23-2006, 07:26 AM
all the requests are so moving and tender...i was touched by Marigold2 request...SO many europeans sufferred terribly, my mother and father was in northern italy at time war broke out...these are deepcore, heartfelt desires and feelings in all of us...God Bless You all!! :D

CatLuvrs
11-23-2006, 09:05 AM
I would have to say my grandma. She died when my mom was 13 and mom said she was great.

Daisy and Delilah
11-23-2006, 11:25 AM
My Dad. He died when I was 15 and I feel like I never really got to know him. Fortunately, I remember he was a wonderful man with a great sense of humor. He always told me I could be anything I wanted to be and I would probably be Miss America one day :)

Randi
11-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Slick, thank you so much for mentioning John, I'm sure you would have loved him! :) And Barbara, I'm glad you agree. :)

My choice is of course John, he died very suddenly and we didn't get to talk at all. :( I would do ANYTHING to spend some time with him - I miss him terribly!!

Sometimes when Fister and I sit and cuddle, or when we're laying in bed, I feel as if he's around, and sometimes Fister looks in the direction from where John would have come in, as if he can see him. Well, I choose to believe he is with us in spirit.

Cubby'sMom
11-23-2006, 01:56 PM
I've never really had anyone close to me die, but I would choose a day with my brother, Chris. He's in the Marines right now and I usually never see him. He has a wife and a new baby, who I'm not the aunt to. I would really like to spend a day with him someday, my twin and I and him.
He's actually not our real brother, but we've kniwn him for a while and he considers us little sisters so voila:) I miss him a lot, and thankfully he hasn't gone to Iraq yet.

ChrisH
11-23-2006, 05:13 PM
My hubby, Fred, for him to meet his two grandaughters, and them him. But most of all to talk with him and hold him once more.

catmandu
11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
My Dear Mother So She Could Vist The Found Cat Hotel And See All The Siamese.
She Loved Siamese And Would Daerly Love To See All The Wonderful Cats Here.
I Could Treat Her To Tony Romas, And Thank Her For All She Taught Me, And Tell Her Things That I Ran Out Of Time To Tell Her.

belterv
11-23-2006, 07:55 PM
My uncle Brad...
if I had one day with him we'd do everything he wanted to do that he didnt get to do before he passed...
I miss you Brad. You were the best...... :(

K9karen
11-24-2006, 01:23 AM
*Sniff*
I never got to meet 2 grandfathers and one grandmother. And as interesting as it would be to talk with them, I truly, deeply, insanely miss my parents. I'd want them together, the wonderful team that they were, for a day of kisses and comforting hugs, even at my age. I miss their wisdom, compassion, and love. I'd want to see them well and smiling again, holding hands like kids. I miss them so badly, especially around the holidays. And if Cody could stop playing in the snow with his tennis balls fot a minute, I'd love for him to join them so I could smother my face in his neck. Oh, oh....LES.... :(