PDA

View Full Version : Ugh.. rant

animal_rescue
11-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I don't know I guess I really shouldn't be so upset. But my family is just crap..
Well not really my family mostly my brother and my dad. UGH They are just driving me crazy and ruining the rest of the family.

See my brother is a druggie been in jail like 3 or something times and steals from us. He also is throwing his clothes in MY room by my rat's cage and he gets crappy at me because my rats pull his shirts through the cage and chew holes in them. My brother is a liar and won't ever change, I can tell you that. He doesn't deserve to mooch off of us and steal from us. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him locked up in jail for the rest of his life... atleast it'll stop his drug use and hopefully keep him out of trouble.

Then my dad isn't working and we seriously need the money. My mom recently asked me if I could buy cat food and I've been bringing dog food home from the HS. I don't mind it really, but if my dad would just work we wouldn't have these problems. My mom has taken to cleaning houses which isn't good at all because she has a bad back and the last thing she needs to do is throw her back out again. We don't have medicaid or anything right now so no way to go to the doctor if anything goes bad.

I've been thinking about ways to get money and I'm pretty sure I want to sell my camera. Thing is the connection on my computer won't download pics anymore so I don't see the point in having this camera since I can't take it in to get fixed and I can't take pics since I have no where to put them. I'm also considering getting another job, I want to save up and get the hell out of here when I turn 18 next year(and I'm talking about after I graduate). A friend of mine is moving to Florida in the summer with her hubby and said I could move in with them(and MY pets: Maggie, Roxie, Alex, Paulie, Squishy, Ben, Socrates, Lily, and Baxter.. yes yes a lot) but Jenn is a MAJOR pet lover and assured me it would all be fine, so i'm hoping it actually will be fine.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm complaining but my family has a lot of problems, many I didn't mention. I don't want to be here, stressing anymore. Especially when my mom worries about how many pets we have and thinking about getting rid of them. I don't blame her though, that's why I've been paying for them. I just wish my brother and my dad would get their act together and then it would be ok. I wish my brother would leave our freaking house so my mom and dad didn't fight so much about him, I wish my dad would work again, I wish my mom didn't have such a horrible back so she could work, and I wish I had more money so we wouldn't be worrying about the bills and the pets...
A lot of wishing, anyone have any stars?

Marigold2
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. My home life growing up was not that great but not quit as bad as yours. My best advice to you is. Don't drink, don't do drugs and most of all don't get pregnant. STAY IN SCHOOL. As soon as you are 18 you can move out and start your life but if you are drinking or have a baby it is almost impossible to move out on your own and have a half way decent life. Work really hard in school so that you are able to get a good job and make decent money. College parttime is still college. I think you have a lot of courage and brains, you need to stay on track so your life won't be pulled down by your families bad choices. You can overcome these family problems and find happiness. Best of luck to you. Two years will pass soon and then you can leave the area and start your life. Best of luck to you sweetheart. Just for now, I would not take in any more pets as a lot of apartments don't allow them or charge extra for them.

I_luv_rusty
11-20-2006, 09:31 PM
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry!I wish I could help you in some way.So if you ever need to talk you can PM me, I may not have the best advice but you can still have someone to talk to. You don't sound like your complaining your just stressed. You'll be in my thoughts. I hope you can get out of their by the time you turn 18 or hopefully your parents will improve and you won't have to go.

elizabethann
11-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Yep, families can stink sometime. I'm sorry you're having problems with your brother & father.

When I read about you possibly moving to Florida, I got really excited for you. It sounds like a great opportunity to move on & make a life for yourself.

Good luck and take care.

Alysser
11-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Megan, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well with your family BUT please understand everyone has family problems, even the happiest ones. IMO, your brother sounds like he is the one stressing out everyone, maybe this is why your dad doesn't want to work. Your doing a very mature thing by selling your camera for money. Your not complaining, your just under pressure. I hope everything turns around. (((hugs)))

moosmom
11-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Mega,

Unfortunately, you can't pick your relatives. I'm sorry you're having so many problems and wish I had some kind of advice. Just hang in there.

belterv
11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
[[HUGS]] I'm sorry.. I just don't know what to say. I'm sorry your family is so upsetting... I honestly know how you feel, in a way. Good luck and I really am sorry about this

animal_rescue
11-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks y'all.

I'm definitely doing good in school and life in general. I don't want to get stuck by having a baby or becoming a druggie, so I'm doing my best to be good.

belterv
11-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks y'all.

I'm definitely doing good in school and life in general. I don't want to get stuck by having a baby or becoming a druggie, so I'm doing my best to be good.
Good job. :) But do you really have the money to move out at 18? I want to move out at that age too so I dont have to be pushed around any longer by my parents but am worried about money and stuff... what about you?