PDA

View Full Version : All Toy Dog Parents, Please Read!!!!

Chica
11-20-2006, 04:25 PM
CHICA HAD GASTRITIS, AN IRRITATED INTESTINE. I HAD TO TAKE CHICA TO THE VET 3 TIMES LAST WEEK. She had this same problem 1 1/2 years ago. She is 2 1/2 now. She was eating and drinking and playing, but hours after she ate, she would vomit stomach fluid, not her food.She would go to sleep at night in my bed of course, and all of a sudden I would here her start to vomit, and I would get up quickly to hold a towel under her to catch it. The vets(2 of them) said this just happens out of nowhere. But her stomach is sensitive. Only give her bland food. I give her ground turkey or ground chicken cooked and put some in her kibble for her to enjoy. No seasoning. I can't give her any nylabones, or any chews or any treats , because of her sensitive stomach. Maybe a biscuit sometimes. She also had an elivated temp. She had to be on medications for her stomach and an antibiotic, since Tuesday. Approximately 7 days of this problem. now she is better. Has anyone had this problem with your toy breed? :confused: :(

Lobodeb
11-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I had a problem a while back with something very similar with Maggy. She was hospitalized for a say and when she was release, the same thing. A very bland diet. The vet says it's normal in small dogs. For some it goes away, others it doesn't. Maggy was very fortunate as hers went away as quickly as it started.

Good luck with Chica! Sana, sana, culita de rana, si no sana hoy, sana manana. ;)

Alysser
11-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Poor Chica. :( I'm sorry to hear such a thing happened.

Sassy has never had this and she is 8 years old. It sounds horrible for a dog to have, hopefully we never have to experience it. Glad to hear Chica is better though. :)

Giselle
11-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Lucky has bouts of diarrhea and vomiting about once every month. I frankly don't even worry any more. After 7 years of this (that's about 80 times of dyspepsia), I just fast him and, if I have the courage, chug about a tablespoon of Pepto Bismol into him. After about 24 hours, he's back to his old self. I do think it is a toy breed thing. I wouldn't cross poor genetics off my list, either. Lucky came from a BYB.

Chica
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Hello,Chica just went out for a walk, and got scared when a german shepard barked at her so we went back to the house.I gave her a gerber turkey dog and she vomited it up. I think that it made her to nervous to keep it down.
:( :( I gave her a pill half in the dog. I will have to wait until later to give it another try to keep down the 1/2 pill for her stomach to stay down. It stressed her out. Are your small dogs afraid of big dogs?

Chica
11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Thank you so much for your replies.

What do you feed your dogs? IS ground chicken cooked okay to mix with her kibble?

kimlovescats
11-20-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry your little tummy has been upset, Chica! Glad your mommy took good care of you! ;)