View Full Version : They're Gone :( and I Feel Terrible

K & L
11-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Gable and Garbo went to their new homes today. I just feel sick even though I know they'll be loved and cared for. I hate this part of rescue. I just have to keep thinking they're much better off than a life in the park.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :(

Karen
11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Now, now, mom, they will be loved and spoiled and make their new home all the merrier this Thanksgiving - what more could a parent want?

lvpets2002
11-20-2006, 04:47 PM
:) Now you was a good mom when they needed one & now they have gone to FurEver Homes.. Each morning when the Sun Rises just think its a whole new beginning for them..

catfamily
11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Just think about how much you changed their lives so very much as well as their new familys lives.You've made so many happy :)

catmandu
11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
The Best Part Is That Theres Now Room For Two More Cats Who Need Help.
You Did Garbo And Gable A Great Service, Probably Saving Thier Lives By Getting Them Into A Furr Ever Home.
Two Gold Stars For You At The Pet Guardians Hall Of Fame.

jenluckenbach
11-20-2006, 06:16 PM
The Best Part Is That Theres Now Room For Two More Cats Who Need Help.

Gary is 100% right. we can't continue to help cats if we can't let go of some.

You did right by them! Congratulations.

sasvermont
11-20-2006, 06:47 PM
It must be so upsetting to see the little devils go on to other homes. I know how difficult it was when Timstead, aka, Radar moved to his new home. And I had only had him for a couple of days!

Kittens and many cats adjust within minutes of moving to a new loving home.

Rest easy, you gave them a chance no matter how you look at it! :)

kimlovescats
11-20-2006, 07:20 PM
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) Lisa, I TOTALLY understand!!!! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Lisa, I know it was very hard to let them go but you've done a wonderful thing by rescuing them, taking them in, and caring for them until they found their loving forever homes.:) How is Sable reacting to all of this?

I'm sure that you'll receive updates about them and hopefully a few pictures too. Will they be renamed? Do you know what their new names will be?

K & L
11-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Thanks everyone! I know it was a good thing, but it's so hard to let go when you do not know the people very well, and don't know how the updates will be. At least when someone here adopts them we're all able to watch them grow.

I called last night and they were doing fine and sleeping. I don't want to keep bothering her, so I'll call again in about a week. Poor Sable, she's been going all over the place looking for them. This isn't easy to see either. As much as I love rescuing, I hate seeing this.

At least they are all safe, warm, and in homes! Thanks again!

Killearn Kitties
11-21-2006, 05:33 AM
:( Hugs to you and Sable. It must be so hard to let them go.
Good luck babies!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-21-2006, 06:14 AM
You gave them a great start and now you've got room for more babies who need you :)

Sonia59
11-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Oh, (((Hugs))) to you, it's hard time :(
I hope you will have great news from them in the future ;)

Catty1
11-21-2006, 10:21 AM
So...it sounds like they went to the same home?

Poor Sable...she is such a gentle soul, I am sure she loved her babies so much...

Give her lots of cuddles from me...and has she met any of the other cats? I know you want a home for her, but maybe a kitty buddy would help for now, if you have a cat who is friendly.

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you and Sable

jazzcat
11-21-2006, 10:25 AM
(((HUGS))) to you and Sable. Now for the first time in my life I understand exactly how you feel. It was so hard letting Twinks and Pops go but at least I still had Moxie, and now Decker too. It's amazing how quickly they can capture your heart.

K & L
11-21-2006, 12:08 PM
:(
So...it sounds like they went to the same home?

Poor Sable...she is such a gentle soul, I am sure she loved her babies so much...

Give her lots of cuddles from me...and has she met any of the other cats? I know you want a home for her, but maybe a kitty buddy would help for now, if you have a cat who is friendly.

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you and Sable

No, they didn't go to the same home, but they're friends and may be moving in together here soon.

Yes, Sable (and kittens) have been out amongst the others for sometime now. Sable was very defensive because of the kittens, so hasn't made many friends. We're hoping now that she doesn't have them to protect things will change.

It's all so sad cause she keeps meowing and trying to go in the spare bath where we had secluded them originally.

Logan
11-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh Lisa, I got sad when I read your post. You know you have done a wonderful thing, but I also know why you would be hurting so much.

I hope you and Sable will get some peace, soon.

Logan