PDA

View Full Version : Bad day...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
So I just found out my friends did cocaine at a party they ditched me for.

I got a D and an imcomplete on my report card.

I've been working upwards of 23 hours a week at work, and some of the managers are getting really stressed and therefore that stress leaks onto us. It's not pleasant at all being at work when EVERYONE is stressed and it's really busy.

I am starting practice for Cats next week. Monday Wednesday and Thursday from 3-5. Work Tuesdays Fridays Saturdays and Sundays.

How much more can I really take? My friends kinda ditched me this weekend and I was all alone all weekened because my dad was hunting. I've been working a few 7-8 hour days recently and I come home absolutely exhausted.

I can't wait till it's over. :(

JuniorxMyxLove
11-20-2006, 03:36 PM
wow! they ditched you for cocaine?

aww poor you!
hope things get better!

caseysmom
11-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Well I am glad they ditched you and you weren't involved with that...sounds like its time to shop for some new friends...I know its hard though.

Edwina's Secretary
11-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Sounds like your friends did you a HUGE favor...

flamepony12
11-20-2006, 06:52 PM

I agree!

I'm sorry you had a bad day, but consider yourself lucky that you didn't go with them. :(

RockyRoad
11-20-2006, 07:02 PM

I agree as well.

Sounds like while your friends are out there making idiots of themselves and getting into things that could hurt them, you are working hard. Although maintaining sanity while working the amount of hours you do, plus school, is hard in itself. I have a hard time balancing work and school as well. And it doesn't make it better when everyone at your job is stressed and such. But I'm sure things will look up, after all you're making lots of money for all the hours (I would hope!), and soon college will hit and things will be totally different. Not like I can speak from experience, lol, but I can assume things would be different. :o
I hope everything gets better for you soon! :)

CagneyDog
11-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry that you had such a bad day. {{{big hugs}}}

kimlovescats
11-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Your friends definitely did you a *favor* by not getting you involved in their cocaine party!!! You think you have problems now, getting into that stuff would only make things MUCH, MUCH worse!!!!

I don't know your situation, and if you really have to work right now, but school / grades need to come first. Maybe you could cut back your work hours during the school year and work more in the summer?

Chin up, thinks will get better!!! ;)

CountryWolf07
11-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Sweetie, you don't deserve friends like them, especially if they ditched you for cocaine. They have no idea what they are getting themselves into. You're way better off without them, period. *BIG HUG*

smokey the elder
11-21-2006, 07:54 AM
With "friends" like that, who needs enemies? :( Please try to get your grades up! Good luck.

jackmilliesmom
11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
You do not need those kind of friends - I know you might think you do but you don't - as for work and school I can completely sympathise I work a 40 hour week and study for 3 nights of that week from 6 to 12 and have to be ready for anything.

I would suggest that when you are not working or studying that you go for a walk come home have dinner or supper - have a bath with lavender and camomile get ready for bed and make a circle around you from front to back with you hands and from head to toe with your hands breath slowly and evenly and say this is my place this is my space and no one can hurt me or intrude on me do that a few times. (Ok stop laughing) it works for me and I am free from stress and no one can put any more pressure than necessary on me.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Soo...

2 weeks later.

My mom hasn't paid the internet bill. I think it's some sort of ploy against me. Or just to spite me. We got in a huge fight Wednesday night of last week. She BLANTANTLY ignored me and walked away while I was trying to tell her my feelings about what was going on. After walking away from me while I was talking to her I realized that if she doesn't respect me, it's hard for me to respect her at all. I left her house in tears, went to my dad's house and when he called (he was staying at Angie's) I started to cry again and he ended up coming home to take care of us. Turns out my mom and dad got in a huge fight (long story) and she took most of it out on me. Her and I still aren't talking.

I'm working like... 5 hours a week now, oh joy. I have pit practice Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, work Friday. Christmas party on Saturday. That should be interesting because it will be the first time I've seen my mom for an extended period if time in a week and a half.

Butch's birthday was yesterday, my friend and I went to his party and got him a gift card. It was nice seeing him again, seeing as how I've only seen him 3 times since September began. He enjoyed our gift and was very pleased to see us. His wife actually invited me, it was weird. :confused: After his party my friend and I went swimming at this local indoor waterpark and then to dinner and played some pool with some other friends of ours.

Well, I'm at school and like I said, my internet doesn't work at home so I just thought I would check in. I have gym class in 45 minutes and I have to run the pacer... the pacer is basically seeing how many times you can run across the gym, width-wise. :( I hate gym, lmao.

Have a great week everyone, I don't know when I can check in next. *hugs* I love you all. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-05-2006, 02:26 PM
(I don't mind that no ones replying, I'm just writing to keep myself occupied and just to let everyone know there's a ray of sunshine!)

I was at school today and I got a call from and unknown number. Whoever it was left a voice message on my phone and I had to wait an hour until class was over to listen to it. It turned out it was PetCo! I had applied for a job there last Tuesday and they called me back! They want me to call back and schedule an interview for Wednesday or Thursday for an opening in their Grooming department as an assistant. I'm so excited! My next step is to decide whether or not to keep my first job. I could manage two I'm sure, one on the weekends and one during the week... But if PetCo pays more than I'm getting now, $7.30, I just might take on PetCo alone, part-time. I need the hours and I need to do something I like doing, unlike my current job. I'll let you all know how the interview goes. :) I'm pretty excited.

mina'smomma
12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Keep us posted sweetie on everything. I'm sorry you have such silly friends who don't realize that you are so much better than cocaine. (which I agree with Kim they did you a favor.) I am so glad that you may have a job you'll love. How are your rehersals going? What is your internet costing?

RockyRoad
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Sorry things at home aren't working out as you'd like them to, but I'm glad other aspects are looking up. Congrats on getting the interview! I'm joining the pit soon as well, and I'm going to have to make changes to my work schedule as well because it's very time-consuming. So in a few weeks I'll know how you feel. But I'm glad you're getting through. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. :)

borzoimom
12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
So I just found out my friends did cocaine at a party they ditched me for.

I got a D and an imcomplete on my report card.

I've been working upwards of 23 hours a week at work, and some of the managers are getting really stressed and therefore that stress leaks onto us. It's not pleasant at all being at work when EVERYONE is stressed and it's really busy.

I am starting practice for Cats next week. Monday Wednesday and Thursday from 3-5. Work Tuesdays Fridays Saturdays and Sundays.

How much more can I really take? My friends kinda ditched me this weekend and I was all alone all weekened because my dad was hunting. I've been working a few 7-8 hour days recently and I come home absolutely exhausted.

I can't wait till it's over. :(
Well I had none of the above but my day was rotten too.. Lets " bag it " for the day and wait for tomorrow.. lol ( ouch- no laughing for me..)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-06-2006, 01:48 PM
I called Paul (manager of PetCo) and we scheduled and interview for tomorrow at 11am. I'll miss a part of school, but I have no classes scheduled from 9am-1:40pm anyway. :rolleyes:

Wish me luck! I'll be coming back to school after the interview and will get back on the computer around 2:30pm. I'll be sure to update you all on how the interview went!

I'm SOOO excited!

I don't know how much my internet costs, but my mom will hopefully get it back NEXT Friday, the 18th. I've been going to my grandma's lately to use their computer. They love seeing me and insist on making me dinner everytime I go over there. :) I am also hoping to get a haircut this weekend. My hair is much too long. :eek:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
I got the job. I'm now a grooming assistant at Petco, if my schedule works for them. I have varsity games our band plays at twice a week or so, in addition to pit, and my job at the grocery store. (Which I'm only keeping in case Petco gets annoyed with my availability.)

My first day is Monday! I'm pretty excited. :)

Alysser
12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Congratulations!! :D I hope it all works out.

cassiesmom
12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Congratulations!! :D I hope it all works out.

Fingers and paws crossed and prayers being said
I agree with the other writers that you're far better off without the cocaine using people.

mina'smomma
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
That is wonderful hun. I knew you would get it. :D (doing happy dance for you)

molucass
12-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Congratulations on getting the new job!

I'm sorry things aren't going well with your mom.

I hope everything starts to look up for you.

jackmilliesmom
12-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Congrats best of luck and hope everything now comes together - see every cloud no matter how dark has a silver lining.....