PDA

View Full Version : Someone broke into my car...

DJFyrewolf36
11-19-2006, 11:59 PM
...and stole the stereo right out of it. It was locked...they didn't break the windows thankfully. They had one of those lockpicker things...and were oh so curtious enough to re-lock the door when they left. Our new apartment suposedly has really good security but that doesn't seem to matter. It IS only a stereo and other than the dash being a bit messed up there isn't any damage but I feel really cruddy about it because the stereo was the only remotely nice thing in the car.

I guess some of us just don't desrve nice things

:(

Karen
11-20-2006, 12:12 AM
It's not that you don't deserve nice things, sweetie, and I am glad they "only" took the stereo, and didn't inflict further damage "just because" ... can you get a new stereo that you can pop out and take inside with you when you park the car?

DJFyrewolf36
11-20-2006, 01:16 AM
I've got my old unit, which is pretty beat up but at least the faceplate is removeable. Sigh, my parents are out of town...I guess thats why Im so upset. I can't call them, the police or management wont do anything until "normal business hours" so I'm stuck for doing anything tonight, but I can't sleep really because I'm paranoid, wondering if something ELSE will happen. :(. I have an "idea" of who may have done it...this guy had a coniption fit last night about us parking in "his" spot and threatened us (even though the lease says that parking isnt assigned)...I of course am going to include that in the police report, and in the report to the management. The night watch manager said they may have camera footage of the incident, if so that will help.

And on top of it all, when looking for the night managers office this random guy tried to sell me DRUGS! I'm telling that to the managers too, being since we had to sign a thing in our lease saying that drugs of course weren't allowed on the property.

I'm more upset probibly because I just moved from a place that had a lot of vandals and theves and now my things get taken from a place that has "high security". I don't have expendable income to be giving low lifes nicer things. My parents got that for me last Chirstmas and I know how much they had to save to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.

Sigh, there isnt any evedence of break in...my doors were locked and my stereo was just...gone. It happened within 15 minutes too, as it happened while my husband and brother in law were taking some boxes up to our place. They LOCKED the doors before coming up and the unit was gone by the time they came back down stairs. I guess locks don't keep people honest anymore.

Sevaede
11-20-2006, 04:17 AM
I know how you feel. :( It's unfortunate that people choose to do these things for others ESPECIALLY for piddly poor excuses (like parking spots. wtf).

You don't deserve stuff like that happening to you. One day, though, one day! (hehe, rescues! ;) )

moosmom
11-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Christy,

That definitely sucks!! Will your insurance cover the theft?? I'd also complain to the apartment management about it and threaten to sue.

ramanth
11-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm so sorry. My sister's car was broken into once. They decided the stereo wasn't worth it after making a mess of it and instead stole her CD's and bobble head dogs. :confused: :(

I hope the police help out.

elizabethann
11-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your car & the stereo. That sucks.

I had my car broken into once. I felt so violated. It was a weird feeling.

Take care.

DJFyrewolf36
11-21-2006, 03:40 AM
So far, the apartment management seem to be willing to do more than the police :p I can't file a full report until my parents are back in town and I can get my serial numbers for the stolen equipment. I checked all the wiring today, and with couple of minor repairs the car will run fine. It just sucks having a gaping hole where my stereo used to be.

Garys and the Found Cats gift arrived today, so dispite dealing with the police and management I still managed to smile as Remus and Spook went all kinds of nuts all over the apartment :D

Somehow, you can't stay angry in the company of a happy cat.

Sevaede
11-21-2006, 04:57 AM
You know, I will have to talk to someone and see if I can purchase some of this famous Canadian catnip. Soni is a NIP FIEND. :D

I am glad to see that the repairs will be *minor*. If you were here, you could bring it up to Troys workplace. :p