PDA

View Full Version : Does you dog have a song?

chocolatepuppy
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Just hearing Laceys song on tv made me think of this. Her song is 'Brown Eyed Girl' by Van Morrison. :D Laylas song is of course 'Layla' by Eric Clapton. ;)
My RB Mandy had quite a few. 'The Dance' by Garth Brooks. 'I would have loved you anyway' by Trisha Yearwood. 'If I lost you' by Travis Tritt.( I had to hurry out of a store yesterday when I heard this song. :( ) And she did like 'It's alright to be a redneck' by Alan Jackson. :rolleyes:
So do your dog have any favorite songs? :)

GreyhoundGirl
11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Jenny always goes crazy whenever she hears the song "Spirit in the Sky" for this reason, it is my favourite song. I love the way she reacts, she whines and turns around in circles and licks her lips. Sounds really odd... but yea. :p

I think that is scary. It will be worse when she's gone. I think it is a message, just what I think, but I think it is her "sign" I mean...

(cutting out all the repeats )

"When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
When I lay me down to die
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best

Prepare yourself you know it's a must
Gotta have a friend in Jesus
So you know that when you die
He's gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky
Gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky
That's where you're gonna go when you die
When you die and they lay you to rest
You're gonna go to the place that's the best

Never been a sinner I never sinned
I got a friend in Jesus
So you know that when I die
He's gonna set me up with
The spirit in the sky
Oh set me up with the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best
Go to the place that's the best"

Don't you think this is a sign? She doesn't do that with any other sound. Only this song. :eek: I often wonder what I'll think of this song when she's gone. I'll probably think of the lyrics and such...

Jenny will certaily be going to the Spirit in the Sky. She's got a friend in Jesus.

chocolatepuppy
11-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I've always liked that song. :D

wolfsoul
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Visa's song is "She's a Maniac," Solo's is "Dancing With Myself." :)

dukedogsmom
11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
My song to Duke is Everything I Own by Bread

You sheltered me from harm.
Kept me warm, kept me warm
You gave my life to me
Set me free, set me free
The finest years I ever knew
Were all the years I had with you

I would give anything I own,
Give up me life, my heart, my home.
I would give everything I own,
Just to have you back again.

You taught me how to love,
What its of, what its of.
You never said too much,
But still you showed the way,
And I knew from watching you.
Nobody else could ever know
The part of me that cant let go.

I would give everything I own

Is there someone you know,
Youre loving them so,
But taking them all for granted.
You may lose them one day,
Someone takes them away,
And they dont hear the words you long to say

I would give everything I own

caseysmom
11-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Val, I love that song...and it is perfect.

BaileysMom
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Bailey's is 'Baby Mine'

chocolatepuppy
11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
It's funny how the songs everyone is listing seem to fit the dogs! :D There is a song called Mandy, by Barry Manilow. :(

I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
A shadow of a man
A face through a window
Crying in the night
The night goes into

Morning, just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
you made me so happy, oh Mandy

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Mandy
well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
I need you today, oh Mandy

I'm standing on the edge of time
I Walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world of uphill climbing
The tears are in my mind
And nothing is rhyming, oh Mandy

And I need you today, oh Mandy

Yesterday's a dream I face the morning
Crying on the breeze
the pain is calling, oh Mandy

And I need you today, oh Mandy

Suki Wingy
11-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I refuse to acknowledge the song "Layla" I simply can't take it. I'm sorry, I know it's just I name but I almost can't bear to read your Layla posts. :o
Niņo's is :
"Return To Innocence"
by Enigma
That's not the beginning of the end
That's the return to yourself
The return to innocence
Love - Devotion
Feeling - Emotion
Love - Devotion
Feeling - Emotion
Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence
If you want, then start to laugh
If you must, then start to cry
Be yourself don't hide
Just believe in destiny
Don't care what people say
Just follow your own way
Don't give up and use the chance
To return to innocence
That's not the beginning of the end
That's the return to yourself
The return to innocence
Don't care what people say
Follow just your own way Follow just your own way
Don't give up, don't give up
To return, to return to innocence.
If you want then laugh
If you must then cry
Be yourself don't hide
Just believe in destiny.
The song even has its own fansite!
http://www.everystarfall.com/innocence/

K9soul
11-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I refuse to acknowledge the song "Layla" I simply can't take it. I'm sorry, I know it's just I name but I almost can't bear to read your Layla posts. :o

Wow, that could have completely gone without being said, especially in a heartfelt and emotional thread like this.

As far as songs, I know it's overused but I associate "My Heart Will Go On" with Willie. Cody's was "Unchained Melody." I've sung "Brown Eyed Girl" to Tasha before too :D.

chocolatepuppy
11-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Jessica, Unchained Melody is one of my all time favorite songs. :)

junescrater716
11-19-2006, 10:14 PM
:D John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" For Curly.

luvofallhorses
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Wow, that could have completely gone without being said, especially in a heartfelt and emotional thread like this.

no kidding!

Jenny - "I Need You" by LeeAnn Ryhmes (I know I totally spelled her name wrong!)

Buster - "Hey Mickey"

Rocky - "Fraggle Rock" :p

Ginger - I don't know of a song with her. I'll have to think of one and get back to you on that. :)

elizabethann
11-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I crank this song up in the car & sing it to Fenway. It's from Brokeback Mountain. :o

I just love the song & Fenway seems happy when I sing it to him.

It's called I Will Never Let You Go by Jackie Greene.

GreyhoundGirl
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Oh and Jenny has one more, that I gave her, just because it suits her. That song... Free falling by Tom Petty

Anyways it goes somthing like this.

"She's a good girl, loves her mama
loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day livin' in Reseda
there's a freeway runnin' through the yard
and I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

Chorus
And I'm free, I'm free fallin'

All the vampires walkin' through the valley
move west down Ventura Blvd.
And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows
All the good girls are home with broken hearts

(Repeat Chorus)

I wanna glide down over Mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
I wanna free fall out into nothin'
Gonna leave this world for awhile

(Repeat Chorus)"

elizabethann
11-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Fenway has one more too.

You Are My Sunshine. :)

Suki Wingy
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM

I really didn't mean for it to sound that harsh, it really wasn't directed at her even though it did sound that way. It's just that it's been built up inside of me for so long. It's been going on 7 years since I've seen her and I still can't barley hear the name without fighting back tears since I've been seeing it written so many times in such a little time. I don't understand it, I was only 9 years old and we only had her for 5 months and there's a chance she could still be alive but it's like she took a chunk out of my heart with her when she left. Or rather, we "dumped her." Now I'm sitting in the computer lab crying. :(

Kfamr
11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Mine have a few:

Simba:
-Don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith

Nala:
-Wild Flowers by Tom Petty
-Must be doing something right by Billy Currington

Kiara:
-Girls just want to have fun by Cyndi Lauper
-Happy Face by Destiny's Child
-Amazed by Lonestar

All three:
When I Think About Angels - Jamie O'Neal

Kfamr
11-20-2006, 02:55 PM

I understand that your dog's name was Layla but does that really make it right to post something so rudely?

Layla has made Annette so happy since her passing of Mandy.

luvofallhorses
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I understand that your dog's name was Layla but does that really make it right to post something so rudely?

Layla has made Annette so happy since her passing of Mandy.

I agree with you, Kay.

Suki Wingy
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought I had made it clear I was sorry and ashamed of it (hence the :o ) I've never been able to take names lightheartedly. They seem to carry a much deeper meaning for me no matter how hard I cry. I sometimes can't even address people by their names because of it and have to resort to saying, "hey" and hoping they can hear me. We all have problems. Maybe I'm being selfish.
Excuse me while I try and make it home to cry on my bed with her collar yet again.

luvofallhorses
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
well, if you don't want to see the name, just don't read the thread. We understand, but there's no need to be rude about it.

Kfamr
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
I am very sorry you feel so badly when you hear/see the name.

And sorry, Annette, that your delightful thread had some nastiness in it. Layla is precious and I am so happy she is there to help you heal. :)

sparks19
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Teddy doesn't have a song (except maybe who let the dogs out because that is the song that plays when his treat jar opens lol)

but my moms dog shelby goes nuts to any Amanda Stott song. She is a country singer and everytime one of her songs comes on shelby knows INSTANTLY. She cocks her head, runs up to the speaker and howls for the entire song. then when the song stops she looks at the speaker like she is waiting for another LOL

I must have really missed something here. I read that post by Suki Wingy and it did not come off as a bit rude to me. She just said seeing the word makes her sad and she almost couldn't read the post. Big deal. It was brought up this was an emotional thread.... I think it is emotional for all including Suki. Don't take everything so personally everyone :D It's almost thanksgiving....mmmmmm turkey.

BTW, how did you dogs all get their songs? Is it something they do or is it just a song you bestowed upon them because it reminds you of them? Just curious. Teddy doesn't have a song really as far as I know LOL except for the ones I make up and they are usually about him LOL.

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
This was suppose to be a thread about songs for your dogs,I don't know what you'd call it now. :(
Suki Wingy, if you feel so bad about your Layla why not make a thread in Dog Memorial? I can tell you one thing, I'm sure as hell not changing my Laylas name. :mad: I tried pming you and keeping it out of this thread. As a few others have said, Layla has brought me so much happiness as I mourn for my Mandy and it seems 1/2 of the threads I mention her name in turn to crap. :(

luvofallhorses
11-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Annette,

just ignore her. :) like Kay said Layla has brought your so much happiness since Mandy's passing and you aren't obligated to change her name. heck, someone here has a dog named Jenny and I don't care. people can name their pets whatever the heck they want. :) I'm sorry such a good thread turned sour. :(

luvofallhorses
11-20-2006, 04:28 PM
I must have really missed something here. I read that post by Suki Wingy and it did not come off as a bit rude to me. She just said seeing the word makes her sad and she almost couldn't read the post. Big deal. It was brought up this was an emotional thread.... I think it is emotional for all including Suki. Don't take everything so personally everyone :D It's almost thanksgiving....mmmmmm turkey.

yeah, but Suki said she can't stand to read her Layla threads. doesn't that seem a bit rude to you? :rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2006, 04:32 PM

this is NOT the first time she has mentioned the name Layla upsetting her. Frankly, I am getting tired of hearing it. :rolleyes: I feel bad about what happened to her Layla, but don't need to be reminded of it everytime I mention Laylas name! There are at least two Laceys on here and a few other Mandys besides my RB Mandy. That's just the way it is.

Danegirl2208
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
of course..malakais theme song is "im too sexy"... ;)

GreyhoundGirl
11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
It's just a name, people ! Does it even really matter? Doesn't have to get so emotional, if you want, think of a nick-name for this Layla and refer to her as that name, instead. Don't people have the right to name their dog whatever they want? I'm sure there are a lot of people out there with dogs named Pheobe, yes, seeing the name makes me very sad. But I still wouldn't rudely post that I almost can't stand to read her threads. That is just silly. It's a name !

You can lower it down so much. If I refused to read every thread that had the word "Pheobe" in it, the word "beagle" or a pic that looked like her, I wouldn't be reading many posts, would I?

Just don't argue about it openly, argue as much as you want on PMs.

Sorry if this message is upsetting anyone.

Sorry to interrupt the previously schedualed programming, back to songs...

K9soul
11-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Annette, I'm sorry the thread got turned into something upsetting :(.

I also thought of another one today I like, "Love is All Around" by Wet, Wet, Wet. I sometimes sing that to both my babies :D.

The chorus goes:

You know I love you, I always will,
My mind's made up by the way that I feel
Theres no beginning, There'll be no end
cause on my love you can depend

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Just don't argue about it openly, argue as much as you want on PMs.

and why didn't YOU put your post in a pm? and I know you don't mean nick naming my Layla.

GreyhoundGirl
11-20-2006, 05:09 PM
no HER making up her own private nickname for Layla, she doesn't need to tell anyone about it. Just so that in her mind, the two Laylas will be different, and one wouldn't make her feel sad for the other.

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks Jessica, I give up. Laylas first thread introducing her got turned to crap also. (Karen did clean it up) I guess Layla doesn't belong on Pet Talk. :( This thread wasn't even about her, it was about songs. :rolleyes:

Vela
11-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Layla has every right to be on Pet Talk! I'm not invalidating anyone's feelings here but come ON. This is supposed to be a thread for people to talk about how much their pets mean to them and comments like the one Suki made just don't need to be said. I'm sorry if the name hurts you but that's life, sometimes things hurt. You don't need to make it worse by adding to the fuel and lets just stop this and let that kind of stuff go!

Layla definitely belongs on PET TALK! It makes her seem not welcome to make comments like that, and they just aren't needed. It was 7 years ago, don't make someone else feel bad over THEIR pet because you feel bad over one of your own!

luvofallhorses
11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks Jessica, I give up. Laylas first thread introducing her got turned to crap also. (Karen did clean it up) I guess Layla doesn't belong on Pet Talk. :( This thread wasn't even about her, it was about songs. :rolleyes:

Layla DOES belong on pet talk, Annette! and well said, Vela! :)

flowergirl
11-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Penny's is, of course, Penny Lane by the Beatles. This is my ring on my cell phone lol.
And, Daisy, hmmm, i guess she doesn't have one. :(

Suki Wingy
11-20-2006, 05:18 PM
well now I just feel miserable knowing I uspet you so much. Why didn't you say anything in the first thread I annoyed you?

And my dog already has a nickname.

kittycats_delight
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM

I think this has gone too far. Annette. Layla does belong on PT. She is lovely and delightful and brought so much happiness into your life. You needed her and she needed you and PT needs you both.

As for all this nonsense about not being able to read a thread because a certain name is there and then post rudely because of that is just not right. It is just so unfair to do this to someone elses threads and to make them feel like they don't belong because they happen to have a dog by the same name. Like others have said I understand it is upsetting but upsetting to the point of ruining a happy thread for someone else is just uncalled for. If you cannot bear to see the name don't read the thread and don't post things that are going to upset someone else. I know it has been said before about being angry. DON'T POST ANGRY well I think it should go the same way in this instance DON'T POST UPSET!! Read and re-read your post when you have calmed and if it upsets you anew then do not post. Period.

Layla is a doll and she deserves PT time. I think maybe Karen should be brought into the matter to see if things can be resolved about this.

Sorry but I just want you to know that we want Layla here!!

Ginger's Mom
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Kittycats_delight, I think that was very well said.

Annette, I am so sorry you have been hurt. We love you and we love Layla, of course she belongs here as much as Lacey does! Eva's post may have been tactless but, hopefully, she (and others) will now be more aware of how their words can effect others in ways they hadn't thought about. I am so sorry that it was at your expense. :(

It was a very cute thread. A happy thread. I liked the fact that people were also posting the words to some of the songs. I think it was mentioned before but my song for Ginger is "Brown-eyed Girl."

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2006, 08:20 PM
well now I just feel miserable knowing I uspet you so much. Why didn't you say anything in the first thread I annoyed you

Just so you know, like I told you in a pm, I have loved the name Layla for a very long time. Eric Clapton co-wrote and sang it as Derek and the Dominoes back in 1970. I was a teenager, you were probably not even born. Why would I want to hear how much the name upsets you? If it does upset you maybe you could put me on ignore and never have to see or hear the name from me again.

ok everyone, more songs....

borzoimom
11-20-2006, 08:41 PM
sent you a pm... lol..

cyber-sibes
11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
ok everyone, more songs....YES!

I sing "You are my sunshine" to Sherman all the time, he's my sunshine boy. :D And Star, well, sometimes I greet her with "Good morning Starshine" - remember that one? It was from "Hair".

My RB Rosie's song was "Rosie " by Tom Waits. I used to sing it to her she loved it. Dukedogsmon was so kind to find the words for me:

Well I'm sitting on a windowsill, blowing my horn
Nobody's up except the moon and me,
And a lazy old tomcat on a midnight spree
All that you left me was a melody.
Rosie, why do you evade? Rosie, how can I persuade? Rosie...

And the moon's all up, full and big, apricot tips in an indigo sky,
And I've been loving you, Rosie, since the day I was born
And I'll love you, Rosie 'til the day I die.

And I'm sitting on a windowsill, blowing my horn
Nobody's up except the moon and me,
And a lazy old tomcat on a midnight spree
All that you left me was a melody.

borzoimom
11-20-2006, 08:52 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man I love that song!!!

cloverfdx
11-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Tinny
"Mary Jane" Alanis Morrissette

You're the sweet crusader
And you're on your way
You're the last great innocent
And that's why I love you

Clover

Natasha Bedingfield "These words"

These words are my own
From my heart flown
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you
There’s no other way
To better say
I love you, I love you…

Elvis
"Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" The Dixie Chicks

Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, we'll find the mouse
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

And

"Born to run" Kasey Chambers

Well i never did crawl,
and i never did tow the line.
And a man has mastered to me,
I ain't that kind.
I just put on my travelin shoes,
If you wanna win,
You just can't lose the time....,
Or stay behind.

Well i was born to run,
To get ahead of the rest,
And all that i wanted was to be the best
Just to feel free,
And be someone,
I was born to be fast i was born to run.

Well i take the chance, but sometimes i make mistakes.
But you don't get nothing, unless you take a break.
well livin' this day, i was just dynamite.
Sure it makes you feel nervous,
But it makes you feel alright

Well i was born to run,
To get ahead of the rest.
And all that i wanted ,
Was to be the best.
Just to feel free,
And be someone
I was born to fast,
I was born to fun

Nobodies gonna make me do the thing their way.
By the time I've figure it out, it' yersterday.
Well it will come to me in ways of gold,
But i dont need it when i'm old and grey,
No i want it today.

I was born to run,
And all that i wanted was to be the best,
just to feel free,
And be someone,
I was born to be fast,
I was born to run

Well I was born to run,
To get ahead of the res.
and all that i wated was to be the best,
just to feel free,
and be someone,
i was born to be fast i was born to run.

cloverfdx
11-21-2006, 05:43 AM
Ohhh and Tinny's song i cannot listen to without crying.. i listened to it so many times when she was missing at the beginning of the year.. and it is a beautiful song ;).

KT Tunstall
Other Side of The World

Over the sea and far away
She's waiting like an Iceberg
Waiting to change,
But she's cold inside
She wants to be like
the water,

All the muscles tighten in her face
Buries her soul in one embrace
They're one and the same
Just like water

Then the fire fades away
But most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily
You're close enough to see that
You're.... the other side of the world
to me

On comes the panic light
Holding on with fingers
and feelings alike
But the time has come
To move along

Then the fire fades away
But most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily

Can you help me?
Can you let me go
And can you still love me
When you can't see me anymore

Then the fire fades away
most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily
Ohh.... the other side of the world
To me.

sparks19
11-21-2006, 10:10 PM
LOL OH my goodness this is the most ridiculous argument I have ever seen. Why does it bother you so much that it bothers her so much. I mean really that post can't possibly make you think you don't "belong" on an internet forum. Just say "sorry you are so sad about your dog" and move on. I would say you are both equally guilty in the continuation of this "argument" :D Now you are both even. now you can ignore each other :D

Now you can all answer my question. :D What decides your dogs song? something that reminds you of them? or just something you decided to choose? Or does it depend on the dog? Teddy doesn't react to any particular song at least not that I have noticed. But I do sing silly songs like Teddy weddy bo beddy banana fanna fo feddy. LOL or sometimes I will chant Mutt mutt Pain in the butt :D LOL he likes that one for some reason hahaha

Kfamr
11-21-2006, 10:20 PM
I believe the "argument" is long over, so I don't see a reason for bringing it back up. :) I don't believe it is ridiculous, either.

As for your question, the songs I chose remind me of my dogs - the way I feel about them. As well as their personailities, for instance, "Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want to have Fun" for Kiara. Well, she's a girl and all she cares about is having fun. ;)

wolf_Q
11-21-2006, 11:30 PM
The only thing that came to mind was Nebo and Kiara's song lol...well I think its fitting for them. ;) The Sweetest Thing by U2. I bolded the lines that make me think of those two the most.

My love she throws me like a rubber ball
Oh, the sweetest thing
She won't catch me, or break my fall
Oh, the sweetest thing
Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this I'm a rain cloud
You know she wants a dry kind of love
Oh, the sweetest thing

I'm losing you, I'm losing you
Ain't love the sweetest thing?

I wanted to run but she made me crawl
Oh, the sweetest thing
Eternal fire, she turned me to straw
Oh, the sweetest thing
I know I got black eyes, but they burned so brightly for her
Guess it's a blind kind of love
Oh, the sweetest thing

I'm losing you, I'm losing you
Ain't love the sweetest thing? Ain't love the sweetest thing?

Blue eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl
Oh, the sweetest thing
You can sew it up, but you still see the tear
Oh, the sweetest thing

Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this I'm a rain cloud
Ours is a stormy kind of love
Oh, the sweetest thing
The sweetest thing
The sweetest thing

chocolatepuppy
11-22-2006, 05:01 AM
LOL OH my goodness this is the most ridiculous argument I have ever seen. Why does it bother you so much that it bothers her so much. I mean really that post can't possibly make you think you don't "belong" on an internet forum. Just say "sorry you are so sad about your dog" and move on. I would say you are both equally guilty in the continuation of this "argument" :D Now you are both even. now you can ignore each other :D

I would say the 'discussion' was well over and I'm sure glad YOU brought it back up. :rolleyes: btw, it is none of YOUR business how I feel. And it doesn't bother me so much how she feels, she just needs to post it in her own threads instead of going *off topic* just like you keep doing. ;)

Thanks to those of you who keep posting songs! :D

sparks19
11-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I would say the 'discussion' was well over and I'm sure glad YOU brought it back up. :rolleyes: btw, it is none of YOUR business how I feel. And it doesn't bother me so much how she feels, she just needs to post it in her own threads instead of going *off topic* just like you keep doing. ;)

Thanks to those of you who keep posting songs! :D

You're welcome. LOL I couldn't stop thinking last night about you saying you don't belong and for some reason I just kept picturing PT like misfit Island (from the Rudolph movie) Everyone belongs here :D

I asked a question. I want to know what the criteria is for choosing your dogs song. Not just yours.... everyones. Did you know right away what your dogs song was going to be? How does one develop a song for their dog? Just curious because I have never really thought about it before. I know whenever I hear "Who let the dogs out" I think of Teddy because he thinks that song means it's time for a treat (his cookie jar sings that song) Of course he only reacts when it is coming from the cookie jar lol. other than that I can't think of any song that is "his". What gives you your inspiration for the song?

LOL Kfamr. Any song with any mention of hound dog makes me think of Teddy :D But I am going to start listening to songs more closely and see if I hear anything that makes me think of my goofy mutt.

GreyhoundGirl
11-22-2006, 02:33 PM
"Born to run" Kasey Chambers

Well i never did crawl,
and i never did tow the line.
And a man has mastered to me,
I ain't that kind.
I just put on my travelin shoes,
If you wanna win,
You just can't lose the time....,
Or stay behind.

Well i was born to run,
To get ahead of the rest,
And all that i wanted was to be the best
Just to feel free,
And be someone,
I was born to be fast i was born to run.

Well i take the chance, but sometimes i make mistakes.
But you don't get nothing, unless you take a break.
well livin' this day, i was just dynamite.
Sure it makes you feel nervous,
But it makes you feel alright

Well i was born to run,
And all that i wanted ,
Was to be the best.
Just to feel free,
And be someone
I was born to fast,
I was born to fun

Nobodies gonna make me do the thing their way.
By the time I've figure it out, it' yersterday.
Well it will come to me in ways of gold,
But i dont need it when i'm old and grey,
No i want it today.

I was born to run,
And all that i wanted was to be the best,
just to feel free,
And be someone,
I was born to be fast,
I was born to run

Well I was born to run,
To get ahead of the res.
and all that i wated was to be the best,
just to feel free,
and be someone,
i was born to be fast i was born to run.

I've never heard that song. I should find it, sounds like something Jenny would appreciate. ;)

chocolatepuppy
11-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Sparks...Laceys 'Brown eyed girl' song came about because of course, she has brown eyes and in the song the girl sounds pretty special :D ....Laylas song 'Layla' is of course because of her name. ;) All of Mandys songs, with the exception of the redneck song came about because she was born with a bad heart and we knew her time on earth would be limited. :( The song 'It's alright to be a redneck' well Mandy would lay on her back and I would move her legs around to the song. :o She seemed to be laughing at the song and me playing with her. :)

borzoimom
11-22-2006, 04:54 PM
LAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YA GOT ME ON MY KNEES- LAYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. ... ( singing honey- singing!!!!! )

chocolatepuppy
11-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I love the s-l-o-w version, I can sing that to her "you got me on my knees" .... when she won't listen or when I'm praying she takes a nap! :D

borzoimom
11-22-2006, 05:05 PM
lollllllllllllllllllllll.... Zubin is " she's got the look" but I hate to admit I cant remember who did it.. And Kimba ( my Jack Russell) was " I'm too sexy - only I changed it- " I'm too sexy for my paws- too sexy for my paws...etc...

xcolbi
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Colbi seems to like the song Maneater by Nelly Furtado. Maybe it's just because I was being really hyper with her the other day and started dancing with her! :p

TFTpwnsYou
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM
lollllllllllllllllllllll.... Zubin is " she's got the look" but I hate to admit I cant remember who did it.. And Kimba ( my Jack Russell) was " I'm too sexy - only I changed it- " I'm too sexy for my paws- too sexy for my paws...etc...

ROFL!!!!!!!!! And I can juuuust picture a dog strutting down a catwalk with that attitude!....lol.....it kills me!

borzoimom
11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
YOU GOT that right !!!! And he thinks he is doesnt he!

*iluvskipper*
11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Mine & Timber's song is S.O.S. by Rihanna!!! its our jam!! haha lol jk. but secretly Timber's a "Rocket Man"!!!! by Elton John hehe jk jk jk..

cloverfdx
11-23-2006, 02:16 AM
GreyhoundGirl Kasey Chambers is an Australian artist, kinda of country (Well ok pretty much country).

A song i have been listening to a lot lately is....

REO Speedwagons - Keep on lovin you

You shouldve seen by the look in my eyes, baby
There was somethin missin
You shouldve known by the tone of my voice, maybe
But you didnt listen
You played dead
But you never bled
Instead you lay still in the grass
All coiled up and hissin

And though I know all about those men
Still I dont remember
Cause it was us baby, way before then
And were still together
And I meant, every word I said
When I said that I love you I meant
That I love you forever

And Im gonna keep on lovin you
Cause its the only thing I wanna do
I dont wanna sleep
I just wanna keep on lovin you

Vette
11-24-2006, 06:57 PM
You Are My Sunshine. :)

That fits my fuzbucket too

cloverfdx
11-25-2006, 12:42 AM
I thought of another song that i sing to the kids....

If i had words

If I had words to make a day for you
I sing you a morning golden and new
I would make this day last for all time
Give you a night deep in moon shine

Flatcoatluver
11-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Zoey's song- Born To Fly By:Sara Evans
But how do you wait for heaven
And who has that much time
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you Know
That you were born, you were born to fly.

She's My Kind Of Rain- Tim McGraw
She's my kinda rain
Like love from a drunken sky
Confetti fallin down all night
She's my kind of rain

T.j's song- Watch the wind blow by- Tim McGraw
And all I wanna do is let it be
and be with you and watch the wind blow by
And all I wanna see is you and me
go on forever like the clear blue sky
Slowly, there's only you and I
And all I wanna do is watch the wind blow by

dogzr#1
11-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Molly's is also 'You are my sunshine'. It fits her so well. She is ALWAYS happy and there for us if we are sad.

Prince's is "I'm bringing sexy back" :p . It's obvious, isn't it? ;)

Not to sure about Astra's, I'll have to get back to y'all on this.

chocolatepuppy
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Add a song for my puppy Jake...

from the Pirates of the Mississippi
Feed Jake

I'm standing at the crossroads in life, and I don't know where to go.
You know you've got my heart babe, but my music's got my soul.
Let me play it one more time, I'll tell the truth and make it rhyme,
And hope they understand me.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I die before I wake, feed Jake, he's been a good dog,
My best friend right through it all, if I die before I wake,
Feed Jake

Now Broadway's like a sewer, bums and hookers everywhere.
Whino's passed out on the side walk, doesn't anybody care.
Some say he's worthless, just let him be.
But I for one would have to disagree.
And so would their mama.

Feed Jake

If you get an ear pierced, some will call you gay.
But if you drive a pick-up, they'll say 'No, he must be straight.'
What we are and what we ain't, what we can and what we can't,
Does it really matter?

Feed Jake