PDA

View Full Version : Do you...

JuniorxMyxLove
11-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Believe in gaurdian angels? I didn't, until just recently I head this amazing story[from my aunt].

My aunt hikes daily in the 50 acres of park woods around her house. She had just finished her 12 mile walk and had noticed that for a while this strange man had been following her. She was sort of creeped out, but ignored it. After her walk, she was stretching out and he was getting closer, and closer, and closer. Soon he was no more then 10 feet away. He crouched and was getting ready to jump her. My aunt turned around and said 'Oh, hello, I thought you were my husband, he's meeting me here soon.' The man straightened up and mumbled a quick greeting. When my aunt turned away, he crouched again, poised for attack. My aunt was terrified. She had no pepperspray, nothing sharp, nothing to defend herself with. She couldn't bend down and grab a stick because that would show she was scared and didn't know what to do. The man was about to spring on her when out of nowhere, two kids around 19 yrs old came riding up on their bikes. Without even looking at the strange man, they simply asked her, 'Are you okay?'. They never even looked at the attacker. It was as if they knew what was happening. My aunt was so scared she couldn't even say anything. She just turned and ran the half mile to her car, where she got the mans license numer[he was the only other person at the park, it was getting dark]. After calling and filing a report with the rangers and police, she went home and sobbed.
A few weeks after the incident, a ranger caught up with her while she was walking. He told her that the man that was following her had spent time in prison for raping and assaulting women. My aunt knows that if her guardian angels had not come at that exact moment, she would ave been another victim. This might sound just coincidental to you, but heres the part that gave me chills. The area that she was walking had no paths. Not only were bikes not allowed in that area, but the trees and undergrowth are so thick there that there is no way someone cold have ridden their bike through it. Andthey got to her right when the man was about to attack. Cioncidence? I don't think so. I truly believe that God sent guardian angels down to protect my aunt.

What do you think?

xcolbi
11-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Wow, that's such an incredible story!

Catty1
11-19-2006, 01:21 PM
ummmm...this might have happened to your aunt, but it also happened to some nameless person and the email has been circulating for a year or so.

Fess up - did you "borrow" this story? :)

Husky15
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't know if you borrowed this story, but I have heard some stories that made my hair stand.

Here are some;

[I don't know them word for word but I know what happened so you'll get the idea...]

There was this man just sitting at his house relaxing, until he heard a knock on his door. He went to the door and opened it and it was this little girl that told him immediately that her mother needed help. Well he follows this girl [or so I think, she mighta told him directions] to her house. Turns out her mother does need help with something serious [once again, I'm not fully sure what was wrong, but it was serious] and he tells her how he found out and found her - that her daughter knocked on his door and told him. Well she says to him that her daughter passed away a while ago and that she still has her clothes in her closet to prove it.

Another story I heard, which is similar to the one you told, is about this girl that was walking in a dark alley. And while she was walking through it, she came to a part where she saw a creepy man standing there. Well she was scared of course, but she began to walk through anyway. Good thing is, she got through without the man touching her. The next day it turns out that this man raped another girl [or two] in that alley. He was asked why he didn't attack the girl that walked through, and he said that he wouldn't because she had two huge, strong men walking on each side of her. But she was really alone.

And I got one more. This happened to a very trusted man I know. Him and a friend with on a motorcycle and they were just riding down the road. Well it came to a sandy part that was easy to slip on, and down below was a huge cliff or something. And the bad part was that they were starting to go the edge and were gonna fall over. Well this man that I know, he felt the force of two hands push him [and the motorcycle] back onto the road.

Those are just a few that I heard of. Pretty creepy stuff. It's an amazing and good thing, but it still gives me the creeps.

Cubby'sMom
11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I do believe in guardian angels. I've never been in a serious situation where I have needed one, but I have always believed in them. Also Husky15, did you get the story about the girl who was almost raped in the alley off of myspace? I've seen that bulletin before, it was very interesting to read:)

Sevaede
11-19-2006, 04:33 PM
No. I do not believe in angels, period. I don't knock those who do, though. :)

JuniorxMyxLove
11-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I did not 'borrow' that. This actually happened to her. My aunt doesn't lie about those things. I've never gotten chain emails like that, which is wierd because I get every other kind of chain email and such :] I really believe in angels, and I believe my aunt. She has so many stories where she feels a guardian angel saved her and my cousins[her sons, lol] I could listen to her all day. But if you don't want to believe me, that okay. I know that my aunt has someone - or something - special watching after her.

GreyhoundGirl
11-19-2006, 06:18 PM
I enjoy reading about them but do not nessesairly believe in them. Hopefully, if I am even in need of one, one will come and prove to me they are real, but untill that time, no. They just don't seem logical, reminds me of the show "Creepy Canada," Which is all about that sort of thing. My personal belif, is that all those stories were made up. They are all just so... Hokie. :p

Everything happens for a reason.

Another story I heard, which is similar to the one you told, is about this girl that was walking in a dark alley. And while she was walking through it, she came to a part where she saw a creepy man standing there. Well she was scared of course, but she began to walk through anyway. Good thing is, she got through without the man touching her. The next day it turns out that this man raped another girl [or two] in that alley. He was asked why he didn't attack the girl that walked through, and he said that he wouldn't because she had two huge, strong men walking on each side of her. But she was really alone.

You sure the guy didn't have one too many drinks? :p I'm a non-believer.

luvofallhorses
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, I do. :)

Argranade
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Of course I do, and don't need anything to prove it.

Alysser
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, I do. That story is amazing! That's so weird how they found her.

I heard a story once:

There was a couple who loved each other very much. They lived on a farm. Well the wife was out during a storm one night working on their shed. The wind knocked the wall of the shed off and it landed on the women. She went to the hospital in critical condition that night and was in a coma, she wasn't likely to live. The man came home the first morning to find a Golden Retreiver. He did the farm work and the dog followed him, then the dog went into the house with the man. He did this everyday, but each night he would disappear. The dog would come back every morning, and disappear every night. This happened everyday. The women was still unlikely to live, but one day there was some brain activity. In 3 months she was out of the hospital. That dog became the joy of their life, but he would disappear every night. He helped the women during her recovery as well. When the women was almost completely back to normal, she locked the door of the bedroom that night so the dog couldn't get out. But in the morning he was gone, and they never saw him agian. The man said he believes he was a guardian angel, and he's helping someone else now.

I loved this story. :)

angelbow20
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes I do believe it. I went to see a medium and he told me that I have 3 people watching over me they are all woman, and one is my grandmother, one is my great grandmother who I never met and the third he said was a bit younger like 60 or under but I cant figure who out who it would be or if its even someone I knew..... Believe me the things he knew and told me was impossible for anyone to know!!!!! It was soooo amazing and I cant wait to go back to him. One thing he said is your going to get a puppy or your dogs going to have pups within the next yr. well my dog is pregnant!!! and there is many more things he said that was unbelievable!!!

Husky15
11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I do believe in guardian angels. I've never been in a serious situation where I have needed one, but I have always believed in them. Also Husky15, did you get the story about the girl who was almost raped in the alley off of myspace? I've seen that bulletin before, it was very interesting to read:)

Nope, I heard it from my mom. My mom had this book or something on this stuff and she told me about that one and the one about the daughter getting the man to help her mother. By the way, I love InuYasha.

You sure the guy didn't have one too many drinks? :p I'm a non-believer.

Haha, you never do know. I'm not saying I'm a believer, but I'm not a complete non-believer. It's hard for me to believe too, but I love hearing these kind of stories [even though they make me scared and look over my shoulder]. It's hard for me to explain how I feel about this stuff, the best way I can describe is that I don't fully believe, but some stories just make me wonder.

moosmom
11-20-2006, 08:54 AM
I absolutely believe in guardian angels. Most people have plastic Jesus on their dashboard of their cars. I have laminated Dave on mine. It's a picture of my Dad at his very last Hartford Times reunion with what else?? A drink in his hand. He's been there for a while and guided me home to CT. He makes me smile everytime I look at him.

Vela
11-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Yes I beleive in something that helps us in dire times of need. I actually shouldn't be sitting here writing this because I should have been dead. I was once in a very bad car accident. I was borrowing my father-in-laws old blazer when i was 20, so yes 15 years ago, as our car had been crashed into by someone else and was in the shop. The blazer was from the 1970s, and was in not to great shape, seatbelts didn't work, etc. Anyway, I was driving to work on the freeway, had gone up on an overpass to get off to get to my office, as i came out of the turn the car kept going, turning, the wheels had locked, turned out later to be frozen U-joints. I hit the guardrail and it flipped up on its nose, my door popped open and i started falling out, my legs have the scars to prove it where the door tried to cloe back on me, it then bounced up and came crashing down sideways front to back on the driver's side, popped up again and flipped over the guardrail. Soemhow during all of this everything BUT me ended up under the truck, my legs nad body had somehow ended up back in the car in a split second before it would have severed my legs off, and the front tire was wedged into a space on the WRONG side of the guardrail, between the guardrail and a small cement piece, that was twice as big as the tire. The truck was left dangling off the side by its front tire, which actually wedged so tight it broke the axle. Had it not gotten "stuck" I'd have rolled over down the embnakement into a cement block building, and the tire wedged into a space about two feet before I would have just gone crashing to the highway below. I walked away with two bleeding cuts on my legs, no broken bones, and nothing else wrong with me, the truck was totalled completely. Everyone who saw what was left of the truck, and the police at the scene, had no idea how in the world I hadn't fallen out of the truck, and how in the world the tire got wedged into the space it did, there was no logical reason for it and it didn't seem feasible or possible. I was also, as it turned out, about 7 weeks pregnant with my first child, which I didn't even know at the time. She turns 14 next month. Do I beleive in guardian angels, or a higher being? You betcha I do.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-20-2006, 10:20 AM
You know when something happens and you think its just a coincidence? It's not - its your guardian angel making this thing happen so you know they are still around

Luvin Labs
11-20-2006, 12:49 PM
ummmm...this might have happened to your aunt, but it also happened to some nameless person and the email has been circulating for a year or so.

Fess up - did you "borrow" this story? :)

that's what I was thinking when I first started reading the post... seen the wording just like that too.

I'm skeptical about these things, so count me 'on the fence' in this case lol

JuniorxMyxLove
11-20-2006, 01:34 PM
seriously? when I was writing it, I tried to make it sound...more formal? I don't know. haha thats really wierd. I swear I didn't 'borrow' it though. :)

Cubby'sMom
11-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Nope, I heard it from my mom. My mom had this book or something on this stuff and she told me about that one and the one about the daughter getting the man to help her mother. By the way, I love InuYasha.

Hmmm I'd like that book I love reading things like this, it's very touching. I did see a bulletin though:p OMG yess I love Inuyasha! Do you know if the show ended or not? They went back a little, and I haven't had a chance to see if it actually has ended finally :(

dukedogsmom
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I think this should be moved to the general section. A lot more people would see it there.

I do. When I was a child approximately 6 or so, I saw a photograph of an accident that my grandmother's friend had taken. It was right as the two vehicles had impacted. Above the crash and smoke, there is a robed figure (looking much like our idea of Jesus) in a white robe with arms outstretched. No one was hurt in the accident. If I can find the photograph, I'll put it here. I know I have it somewhere at the house. Finding it is the problem. It's been years since I've seen it.

Luvin Labs
11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
seriously? when I was writing it, I tried to make it sound...more formal? I don't know. haha thats really wierd. I swear I didn't 'borrow' it though. :)

I believe ya, though it was like de ja vu when I read your post :)

Like I said, I'm on the fence in issues as this :)