PDA

View Full Version : The "basement orangies" have been caught!

catcrazylady
11-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Well I finally got the little buggars! Traps just weren't working so I waited real late to feed the ferals one night. I put out the food, squated beside the food bowls and waited. I have two big bowls that I feed in so I had one bowl on the right side of me and one on the left. The temptation and hunger was more than they could take so finally one of them came up to eat. I sat real still and waited until the other one finally came up too. Now I had one on the right and one on the left. They were testing my coordination! I reached out with both hands and scruffed them up! Now I had both hands full of wiggling ticked off kittens and I couldn't open the door. I rang the doorbell with my elbow over and over until hubby finally came to the door! He thought I was just goofing off. :rolleyes: Finally they are both inside and doing well. They both have a little cruddy eye and are on antibiotics but seem overall healthy.

Let me introduce the two new orangie twins that still need names. They are both boys and I can't tell them apart just yet. I need cute twin name ideas guys!

Day one
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/p61c065fe802d8c132914fdfc58d8fe27/ebfdb0ba.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/pdb4471b089034375dfed58c802c66d6d/ebfdb13a.jpg

Day three
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/p85f35350b922d5e40f7ad62219856a37/ebfdafdd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/p80069ce6f14cd7f2b407d209ce45e903/ebfdb9af.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/pc6b8fa025909e9acfdc2ea28d5d45d4b/ebfdaf41.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/pb4a8c070d65568703970ab0c98a07d47/ebfdaed5.jpg

The one in the photo that is belly up has calmed down a lot. You can walk up to him and pet him. He will even purr. The other one is still skittish and you kind of have to sneak up on him but once you do you can pet him and sometimes get a little bit of a purr.
The skittish one has an umbilical hernia which will be fixed when he is nuetered.

Ok, start naming and claiming! ;) :D Hubby is already planning on keeping them and I want to find them a good home. A PT home would be ideal. ;)

Randi
11-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Aww, what cuties! So glad you got them inside, they seem to enjoy it too. :D

Can't think of any names right now, but I hope you'll find a good loving home for them.

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2006, 11:10 AM
AWWWWW!!!!:D They're adorable and I'm so glad that you finally caught them.:) I'm sure that with your loving care they'll be socialized in no time. I can't think of any good names for them right now but I'm sure that you'll pick just the right ones.

Marigold2
11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh I am having a cute attack...................
Names gosh, how about. Spunky and Spike
Cougar and Camper
Zest and Zoey
Mustard and Mayo
Sparks and Spice
Dakota and Disney or Denver
Gobble and Munch

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2006, 11:39 AM
I looked up a cat names website so how about:

Rory & Rojo or Rory & Rowan- have red meaning behind them

Rusty & Rufus- have red meanings behind them

Blaze & Ember- sound cute together

catnapper
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh Lisa, what gems!!!! They are just the handsomest boys ever! I can't believe the long haired feral population by you. amazingly gorgeous kittens!

jazzcat
11-19-2006, 12:10 PM
They are gorgeous!!!! I want one - well, I wish I could have one should I say. ;)

They look like little Cheddar and Cheeto to me but that may not be fancy enough names for such fluffy gorgeous kitties.

catcrazylady
11-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh Lisa, what gems!!!! They are just the handsomest boys ever! I can't believe the long haired feral population by you. amazingly gorgeous kittens!

Kim I know it seems like a lot of long hairs but these are the first ones in a long time. All of my originals came from one long haired mom but she has since vanished. It seems like a lot because I've been catching a few at a time from this same litter. There were originally five and baby Munchkin died early on. I then caught Noah and Whisper and finally these two.

I love the names!!! Keep them coming and I'll run them by hubby tonight and see what he likes.

btw~Little Whisper passed away Thursday night. :( There was a necropsy done and it wasn't FIP. No cause could be found so the vet felt like it must have been something in the brain. All three orange boys weigh between 2 and 3 pounds but the dark tabby girls never even got to a pound. They both ate continuisly but they never thrived. Poor babies. I thought it was odd that they were both dark in color and the only females. Not sure what went wrong there. RIP little Munchkin and Whisper. :(

jazzcat
11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Aww Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear Whisper didn't make it. Thank goodness it wasn't FIP.

catmandu
11-19-2006, 12:51 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
What a pair of Big Orange Kittens.
I bet that these Kittens have more than a bit of Maine Coon in them,as they look as though you are going to be Huge Fluffy Cats.
Thank God you were able to catch them so they will have a chance at a Furr Ever Home.

kimlovescats
11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
They are so adorable! I'm thrilled you were able to get them!!!
They remind me of my two little twin orangies, Rusty and Riley ... but they were short haired! When I got them and took them to my vet, he called them "Pete and Repeat"! LOL! :D

Catty1
11-19-2006, 01:12 PM
"Hey There" and "Who Me" :D

(were actual names of another pair I heard of!)

Marigold2
11-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi Jazzcat,
I thought your name ideas where great.:D

orangemm
11-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Look at those little darlings! The one really looked relaxed; bet they will both calm down a lot.

so sorry about Whisper & Munchkin.............. :(

kittycats_delight
11-19-2006, 02:21 PM
what gorgeous boys. I am soo sorry about Whisper and Munchkin. RIP little girls.

AS for names how about

Lokki & Thor

rg_girlca
11-19-2006, 04:18 PM
OMG Lisa, what a pair of cutie patooties. They are just too darn adorable.
I'm so glad that you were able to finally get these two and what a sneaky way of doing it also. :D

I'm so sorry to hear that Whisper had passed on also, but relieved to know that it wasn't FIP.

jenluckenbach
11-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Leon and Lionel :D

They are quite handsome.

Gin
11-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Cuteness overload! Those are two gorgeous kittens! How about Flora and Fauna?

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that Whisper and Munchkin have passed away.:( I'm so glad that it wasn't due to FIP though.

If you want food names then how about:
Nacho & Cheeto
Sunny Delight & Orange Julius or Sunny D. and O.J.
Salsa & Tabasco

Or how about:
Harley & Davidson
Ben & Jerry
Butch & Sundance
Felix & Oscar
Bert & Ernie
Rowan & Martin
Starsky & Hutch

Don Juan's mom
11-20-2006, 01:15 AM
Two little balls of sunshine! Ummm, lemme think.... :confused:

Wynton and Branford?
Redfurd [sic] and Newman?
Tom and Ray? :D

Liz

smokey the elder
11-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Be careful about using the names of Norse gods! I know someone who named a kitten Loki and boy, did he live up to it! :D

moosmom
11-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Lisa,

I'm so glad you finally got them inside before the weather turned nasty. They are beautiful! I only wish I could take one. Unfortunately, with my 4 and a new one-eyed rattie named Winkie, the Ploss B&B is booked solid. I'm sure you'll have no problem placing them.

Great job, girl!!

Donnaj4962
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
OH.....MY.... GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk about cuteness overload! Those widdle orangies are just way cute! How could someone not want one?? I want both of them, but my finances tell me, "no Donna, be sensible now." :rolleyes: :mad:

I am sure you will have no problems placing them. I hope that they can be adopted together! I like all of the name suggestions.... but especially Cheeto and Cheddar and Sunny D and Orange Julius! Very cute!

Keep those pictures coming!

Sorry to hear about Whisper, but also glad that it wasn't FIP. :(

Freedom
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Let's see if I understand this. Hubby wants to KEEp them, and YOU are looking for homes for them?
a
aWhat is the matter with you, your biggest obstacle / hurdle is cleared! KEEP.

Names - I like Freckles and Sunny (sunshine).

Let us know when you figure out how to tell them apart, that may help with names for this duo as well.

Marigold2
11-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello,
How are your beautiful kittens doing? I am so glad you were able to catch them. Have you decided on names yet? The funniest name I ever heard for a cat was Larry. Ha ha Larrry. Still makes me chuckle.

cassiesmom
11-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh, oh, oh! They are precious! Look at those little dumpling darlings!
I'm with Freedom -- They stay with you!
Let's see ... baby kitty names
I looked on "Behind the Name" and on kittynames.com ... Simba (Swahili for lion), Ari (Hebrew for lion)?
For some reason I'm drawn to Irish names ... Logan, Casey (vigilant), Corey (chosen one), Brady (one with spirit), Conan (small), Rowan (little red one), Mack (son), Cody ...?
Hawaiian names: Ikaika (strong), Kekoa (brave)?
My sister's first cat was Poco (Italian for little) -- he was very poco when he first came home! Sweet precious RB Poco.

lvpets2002
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
:eek: Oh Wow what cutie sweetie pies.. Oh now they have a good PT home & that you.. You must keep these babies..