PDA

View Full Version : Winkie and the furkids...

moosmom
11-18-2006, 05:47 PM
I finally brought Winkie home from Petco last night. My cats were VERY curious. I took him out and laid down on the bed. He went nose-to-nose with MooShoo and Maya Linn. Maya Linn smacked her lips and left quickly. Winkie is such a sweet little guy. I think the cats overwhelmed him cuz he burrowed himself in his little cardboard tunnel. I've taken him out several times since then and he and the cats have been great.

Sorry I can't post pictures yes. :(

I'm in love with a rat named Winkie!! ;) ;) ;)

davidpizzica
11-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Sweetheart, I think Winky is one very lucky mouse to have a savior like you in his life. Thank you for saving him from being snake food!

cyber-sibes
11-18-2006, 07:16 PM
"Winkie" ;) That's so cute!

CathyBogart
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
What a cute name for him! Welcome home Winkie! :)

moosmom
11-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I never thought I could become attached to a one-eyed rattie. But he's so laid back. He knows the sound of my voice too. I had him out for over an hour last night watching tv and laying on the bed with the cats. He snuggled under my shirt and went to sleep. Every once in a while he'd pop his head out and the cats would sniff. But there's no cat aggression at all.

Some people are repulsed by the thought of having a rat, but they are very clean animals. I guess it's the stereotype of rats=garbage=dirty. How wrong they are!!

caseysmom
11-20-2006, 10:14 AM
We had ratties a few years back Donna, I enjoyed them too they were very sweet.

Muddy4paws
11-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I love his name! I'm getting a rat soon! Im going through the whole "dirty rat" arguement with my family ATM. :rolleyes: They are meant to be one of the cleanest rodents you can get! lol I know you said you cant post photos yet but when you can please do! I'll love to see him :)

cyber-sibes
11-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Well, Donna, we can guess what Winkie's thankful for this Thanksgiving! He probably never dreamed he'd have it so good!

smokey the elder
11-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Domestic rats are nice animals. We as humans have a large debt to the "lab rat".

ramanth
11-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I love the name! :D Welcome home Winkie! :D