PDA

View Full Version : A New Journey Begins.......Meet Molly

dukedogsmom
11-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm still second guessing myself on getting another dog so soon but I just couldn't stand the emptiness of the house. I had gone to the Humane Society on Tuesday to turn in Duke's things. I was clutching his dog bed and went to tears when I told them why I was there. I asked if I could just look at the dogs and they were happy to let me. I looked at two before Molly (they gave her the name Moose but it just didn't fit and every time I thought of her, Molly came to mind) Out came Molly. She's a very timid girl as she's lived her 1 1/2 years on the streets. I didn't ask them but it's obvious she just had puppies. When they got her, she had no hair and her ears were banged up. They're still getting well. She's a very gentle dog and I just loved her sweetness. I asked them how she got along with cats so they took her to the cat room. I held the leash and they put two out (one at a time) and she wasn't the least bit interested. In fact, with the second one, she just laid at my feet. That's when she got me. After I left, my heart felt so much lighter. Well, I left and went to Wal Mart for new bedding. I knew I would be getting another dog and didn't want to see it on Duke's sheets. After that, I drove straight back to the Humane Society and adopted her. I didn't want her to be alone and crated on her first nights so they held her for me until yesterday morning, when I came and got her. No telling what all she's been through. She keeps her tail tucked right now but I can already see her coming out of her shell. She wagged her tail at me when I got home today. I'm so glad she's happy in her kennel since she'll be staying in it while mom's on vacation and I'm at work. I just leave the door open when I'm home. She has no clue about toys. I've tried to show her the stuffie and how it squeeks but she's not interested. She did wolf down Duke's old rawhide last night, though. I've got a smoked bone for her to chew on but she doesn't know about that, either. I had to get a Halti today because she drug me around the block yesterday with just a harness. As soon as she learns to not fight it, I think she'll be alright. I know it's all new to her. The walk today was kind of difficult but at times, she did quit fighting and I'm sure, as time goes on, she'll be just fine. I think the walk wore her out because she's snoozing on the dog bed now. So with her and time, I'm hoping my heart will feel much better. Right now, the pain is still too fresh.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/111406_2.jpg
Doogie approves of the new bedding. He's already taken a few cat naps on it.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/111706_1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/111706_2.jpg
Molly last night.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/111706_3.jpg

Suki Wingy
11-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Wishing you and Molly many happy years together. :) I know it's hard but she'll help you heal. She's a gorgeous girl, looks like mostly American Bulldog to me. American Bulldogs have been known to remember anything bad that's happened to them, so she's lucky to have such a nice person caring for her.

Logan
11-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh Val, she is exactly what you need, and she needs you, too!!! :) I'm very happy for you.

Logan

Russian Blue
11-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Awww....look at that dear face! Molly, you're in excellent hands and I'm sure you'll be feeling 'home' in no time.

((Hugs))) to you for taking her in. She will never replace Duke but she will provide a new source of affection and comfort which I'm sure will help you and your heart heal.

Argranade
11-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Oh gosh!

She's beautiful I'm glad she found a friend like you Val, I know you will have lots of joy with her in your home and I wish you both forever friendship as long as the moonlight shines between the stars.

Great name too :)

Karen
11-18-2006, 03:01 PM
I moved this to Dog General, as it obviously belongs here! What a sweet, sweet face she has, and you are completely right - she is a "Molly!"

No, I don't think you jumped too soon - I think you and Molly needed each other equally!

kimlovescats
11-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Congratulations to both you and Molly! She looks like a sweet girl.

Dorothy39
11-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh~

Molly sure did reach out to you somehow and I know that you will be such a good friend.

I'm so happy for you and for her too!!!!!

cyber-sibes
11-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Hello Molly! Val, I'm so happy for you. Molly is beautiful, and your timing seemed just right for her. :) Will look forward to many pictures and stories about this sweet girl.

k9krazee
11-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh Val, she is precious!!

CatLuvrs
11-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Molly is a very pretty dog! I am glad you found some happiness with all the sadness you were feeling. I hope you 2 have many happy years together! Welcome to PT Molly!

Alysser
11-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Welcome Home, Molly! She's absolutely gorgeous! :D Congratulations. What a sweet girl. I wish you guys Many happy years!

BC_MoM
11-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Congratulations. Molly is beautiful. I love her name. ;)

I hope Molly helps to fill the emptiness inside of you. :) She looks like a very sweet girl - with your kind of loving, she'll be out of her shell in no time.

Kfamr
11-18-2006, 03:52 PM
I already told you how wonderful I think the new beginning is via-PM, however, I wanted to express that here as well.

Molly is beautiful and Duke must be very proud and happy to have Molly looking after you.

Cincy'sMom
11-18-2006, 04:01 PM
What a sweet girl!!! I'm so glad you and Molly found each other and wish you both years and years of happiness!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-18-2006, 04:04 PM
What a beautiful girl. She's very lucky to have found such a wonderful home with you, Val. :)

lizbud
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Molly is beautiful and Duke must be very proud and happy to have Molly looking after you.

That's just what I was thinking. :)

Valerie, I am just so happy for you to have found such a sweet & lonely
pupster. It is a new journey now and you have a sweet companion in
Molly. Bless you both as you get to know each other & Molly finally
realizes she is in heaven. ((HUGS)) :)

Pam
11-18-2006, 04:20 PM
One life saved and one life starts to mend. I am very happy for you both and happy to meet Molly. She looks like a sweetheart. May you both develop your own special bond in the days and years ahead. Best wishes from Bella, Ripley and me :)

K9soul
11-18-2006, 04:20 PM
I was just PMing you Val. Molly looks like an angel and I am certain Duke led you to just the right dog, one you needed and one who needed you. I hope with all my heart you will share lots more pictures of her with us :). I'm so happy for you Val, and happy for Molly. She's one lucky dog to get a mom like you! I'm putting in an official request for more pictures ASAP :D.

Lori Jordan
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Congrats on your new addition she is a beaut,Be sure to post more pics of your precious Molly!

joycenalex
11-18-2006, 04:42 PM
oh you lucky girl molly! that soft voice in your ear is duke, he has lots to tell you....

Ginger's Mom
11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Congratulations Val, she looks like a sweetie, and I am sure it will not take her long to realize how very lucky she is to have been chosen for such a loving home. Welcome to PT, Molly. I can't wait to hear more about you, and watch you grow into a loving member of the family.

buttercup132
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Aww! Congrads on your new girl! She is so pretty, I love her face. I cant wait for more pictures of her!

chocolatepuppy
11-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Molly is beautiful Val! She is so lucky to have you for her new mom. ;) She will help you to heal. Congrats! :D

finn's mom
11-18-2006, 04:57 PM
This makes me smile, I was worried about you. Not that I'll stop praying for you, but, this helps a lot! She's absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to hear how she makes you smile, laugh, cry, and scream, just like any good dog would do. ;) Congratulations on your newest friend. She is a lucky girl to be found by you!

CathyBogart
11-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Welcome Molly! You've landed on your feet here. :) Congrats Val, she is a beautiful lady!

Freedom
11-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh my, I got chills up my spine reading this.

When I adopted Cuddles from the city shelter (Cuddles is a cat), she was terrified of humans, due to abuse. She was 2 years old and had been at the shelter for 18 months. Just coming out of the cage and being in a room, a great big 10 by 12 room, was a scary thing to her. A whole house? My goodness, that took her 3 weeks to adapt. These 15 months that she had lived here have been SO incredible, to see her grow and learn to relax!

You will experience the same things with this beauty named Molly. It is a wonderful rewarding experience.

If Molly is like my Cuddles, she will make progress at HER pace, NOT at what you want or expect. Being a part of PT will be great, because you will be recording what she does and be able to see her improve over time.

Best wishes, to both of you. You are definitely in for a treat and a lot of happiness.

Sandra

elizabethann
11-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Molly is adorable. I hope you 2 have a life time of happiness. Can't wait to see more pictures & hear of your adventures with her.

moosmom
11-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Val,

I had tears welling up in my eyes as I read your post. What a sweet little girl Molly is!! Things happen for a reason, honey. The hole in your heart left by Duke can never be filled. However, Molly obviously was meant to be with you and Doogie. I wish you many years of happiness and companionship. She is beautiful.

Uabassoon
11-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Molly is beautiful! I know that Duke sent her to you, you needed her and she really needs you. I look forward to getting to know her though pictures and stories, I know she is going to be a special girl.

Rachel
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I think that Molly made an excellent choice in picking your heart to melt and she will gladly take the job of mending it. She is quite lovely and the name suits her. I'm so happy for you Val.

caseysmom
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Val, She is just beautiful, I love that picture of her face. Casey was a lot like her when I adopted her and she has totally come out of her shell now. I am so happy for you and her.

luvofallhorses
11-18-2006, 06:41 PM
She's gorgeous, Val! :) Congrats on your new addition and I hope you 2 have a lifetime of happiness together. :)

wolf_Q
11-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Congrats Val! Molly is gorgeous, I'm happy for you. :)

cloverfdx
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Oh Val i am sitting hear with tears pouring down my face. Heres to many years of happiness and adventure.. Duke sure would be proud of you opening your heart up to another dog, and one who could do with some good loving. Molly is so beautiful, and yep looks very Am Bulldog - ish ;).

Bengalz
11-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm so happy for you :D and for Molly :D She's a beautiful girl and she will help mend your heart. Duke is irreplaceable and he knows that. He doesn't want his Mom to be sad and took matters into his own loving paws :) What a wonderful choice he made at that :D

You and Molly need each other and that alone is the right decision. Know that your beautiful boy is very proud of you and there's a huge smile in his heart knowing there's a special girl taking care of Mom.

How is Doogie? I'm sure he is missing Duke and probably just a bit curious about the new lady in his life :)

Keep us posted - pictures are good ;)

Take care and hugs to all.

Betty

Husky15
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
I am so happy for you! Molly is absolutely beautiful. Wishing you many happy years together. Can't wait to see more photos!

Giselle
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Duke must be smiling at this new addition :) Congratulations, for you, Molly, and Duke. I know this new beginning will bring a lot of happiness and healing.

K9karen
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
OK. If anyone ever thinks I can't keep a secret....
Thanks Val for letting the cat..I mean DOG out of the bag as they say!!!!
I'm so THRILLED Molly's made her grand entrance on PT!
You followed your heart. You did good. You saved a beautiful girl from..who knows what.and in return filled your life and heart with love and visa versa. You MUST not feel guilt.
RB doesn't work that way. Our pets don't look down and get angry at us. They want us to be happy. Remember every dog is different and it sounds like Molly will keep you quite busy!!!!
Welcome, Molly to your new loving home and to PT. {HUGS VAL!!!!!!}

cloverfdx
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Karen that was perfectly put :).

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Congrats Val!!!:) I'm so happy that you've decided to adopt another another dog. Molly sure is adorable.:)

Catty1
11-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I agree that Duke must have put you two together.

And he will be a guardian Angel for you both, and comfort you.

I am sure he will tell Molly all about toys and stuffies!

HUGS to you and dear Molly.

shais_mom
11-19-2006, 12:01 AM
and the healing begins.....
she is gorgeous!
I love the new bedding!
she has a wonderful life ahead of her!

Sophist
11-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Wishing the best to both of you as you both take this big step down your paths of healing. I know it will be a little easier for you two to walk it together. It took me nearly two years to be ready to welcome another dog home after my 19 year old RB beagle Dany passed on, but like you I knew as soon as I saw the right dog to let into my life. Molly is beautiful, but you can tell the poor sad thing knows what it is to have an emptyness in your life that you think can never be filled. I know you two can teach each other to be a little happier, and to feel a little more complete with each step you take together. No one will ever replace Duke, but I think he'd want his mom to have this comfort and love in her life. Wishing the best for both of you.

ETA: Doogie is sure a handsome little man, too.

vinjashira
11-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Congratulations to you, Molly and Doogie too. May you have many many happy years together :)

Killearn Kitties
11-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh Val, what a beautiful girl Molly is. It was certainly her lucky day when you visited the Humane Society. I am so looking forward to seeing more pictures of her, and hearing that she is becoming more comfortable all the time. :D

trayi52
11-19-2006, 07:27 AM
As I have said before, I'm not good with words, but I do want to say how happy I am that you have Molly in your life now. I am sure Duke sent her to you. After you two get acquainted, she will lick the tears from your eyes, and fill another space in your heart for sure. She just looks like she is looking for love and finally she has found it in you.

You need that love to help you heal, and Duke knew that, he was not a selfish boy. That is why you now have Molly, he guided your heart to her, there was a need for both you and Molly.

Again Congratulations on your new girl, Molly, Oh, Welcome to PT, Molly, I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of you!

Willie :)

jenluckenbach
11-19-2006, 07:49 AM
I have extreme LES! Thank you for giving Molly a home. She is lovely and Duke would approve 100%.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Molly is a lovely girl. Bless you for giving her a wonderful home.

ChrisH
11-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh, Val, she's lovely. :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/Hugs2.gif

BCollie_Kelly
11-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Molly is adorable, bless you for giving her a great home! :)

gini
11-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Two very lucky girls - you and Molly. One look at that adorable face would have done me in too! She looks amazed - "this bed is for ME?"

Enjoy every single minute with her and yes, Duke had a paw in this union I am confident.

I am so happy for you Val, Duke will never ever be forgotten, but this young lady needs your love and a good home now.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Molly is absolutely beautiful! She is so lucky to have such a wonderful new family and home.

(I'm glad Doogie approves of the new bedding too!)

GreyhoundGirl
11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
That is wonderful. Such a dear she is too. Thanks for giving her a great home, Duke would approve.

Aspen and Misty
11-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh Val! She's perfect ::hugs:: Molly is a georgouse girl, I can see why you have fallen in love.

Ashley

I_luv_rusty
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
What a beautiful girl Molly is! :D Wish you lots and lots of happy years for you two!. Duke knew it was best to have you find her and put her in a great home.

tikeyas_mom
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
what a precious lil lady you have provided a wonderful home for.. She is very lucky to have you Val, as you are to have her.. I can see you'll both be very happy to grow together.. congrats on the new addition.

caseysmom
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey Molly ask your new mommy to share some more pictures with us...I miss my Ebony pics and you remind me of her a little bit...

Vermontcat
11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Molly looks like such a sweetie. :)
You both needed each other, I look forward to seeing lots of photos of her in the future.

.sarah
11-19-2006, 09:06 PM
She is just gorgeous, Valerie! I'm so happy for you :)

anna_66
11-19-2006, 09:20 PM
What a lucky day for both of you ladies when you decided to go to the shelter:) Your both in need of some healing and I'm sure your going to be good for each other.
She's a lovely girl and I look forward to getting to know her better.

critter crazy
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Molly is just gorgeous!! Congrats on your friend, i am sure she is very thankfull for you!

ramanth
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
What a sweet girl! Congrats to you and Molly. *hugs*

jazzcat
11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Val I'm so happy for you and Molly. She's beautiful. Congratulations!

kallisto4529
11-20-2006, 01:26 AM
you are exactly what she needs and she is exactly what you need!!! i think this was totally the right thing for you personally to do, she would never have gotten the kind of love and caring that she will get from you.
im very proud of you and think what you did adopting her is the most kind and loving thing anyone can do.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-20-2006, 06:05 AM
WHAT A FACE!

Molly.. you are one lucky girl. I am so happy that you have found a furrever home. Val is going to take such good care of you. If you haven't known happiness before you will now.

{{HUGS}} for you Val.. I'm sure it was hard to open the door to another doggie so soon.. but she needs your loving heart to take care of her. I'm sure Duke is excited for Molly.!

4 Dog Mother
11-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh, Val, Molly is adorable! No wonder you couldn't pass her by. She sure looks like a sweetie! You will always miss Duke and no dog can "replace" him but Molly will find a place in your heart that may be just as special as Duke's was. Congratulations.

pitc9
11-20-2006, 09:12 AM
LES!!!!
She's an angel sent from Duke! :D

Congrats to you both!!! :D

dappledoxie
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Molly is so beautiful!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-20-2006, 10:32 AM
She's lovely and you are meant to be together. Welcome pretty Molly

gemini9961
11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
I think Duke has made a find choice for you and I'm sure he's happy seeing how well it is working out. Duke knew he had to pick one that would get along with Doogie and Molly seems to be the perfect fit. She is beautiful Val. My best wishes for you as I know this is still a hard time but Duke is looking over you both and he sent her to you and you to her for a reason....letting you know it's okay and he's still around.

Can't wait for more pics of her, I love those black and white pups.

lute
11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
CONGRATS!!! Molly is just beautiful! i'm sure she'll come out of her shell soon. i can't wait to see her when she is all healed up and healthy!

AdoreMyDogs
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Molly is just adorable. I can't wait to see more pictures of her.

Congrats on the new addition, and welcome to the family, Molly :)

Canis Amicus
11-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Hello dear.
I am in tears (just now I read about the sweet Duke), then I found this thread. I am glad you got a new furry pal.
For You and Molly I wish the best of your lives are just begining.
Congratulations for both of you.

Rosana
and Rex
Zurich, Switzerland

BOBS DAD
11-21-2006, 12:04 PM
What a happy girl she must be... and good for you! I'mm sure that Duke would approve!!!

lbaker
11-22-2006, 04:55 PM
How strange the ties that bind ~ you Val, Logan and now I, have found some sweet babies to help us heal. I too, as a few may know, lost my dear Thunder in a most horrible way and had to leave PT for a while. Three dogs and a best friend in a matter of months. But life does go on and a sweet puppers found me. I too have a new rescue. Saved from a high-kill POUND, not a rescue. I will post my own thread soon but want you and Logan to know that you two gave me the courage to open my heart. I thank you. The baby is barking right now to ask me to play. I'm happy too!!

Daisy and Delilah
11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Molly is absolutely beautiful, Val. Duke has sent you an angel to help the difficult healing process. No dog can ever take his place in your heart, but. I think Molly will do a great job trying. What a sweetheart. Kisses to her from me and some for Doogie too. Congratulations and bless you for giving all of you a new start in life :) Enjoy your new baby! :)

pnance
11-23-2006, 12:31 AM
She's such a cuttie....and I know that tail will be up and wagging in no time. I'm sure Duke's up on the bridge smiling down, happy that you 2 will help heal eachother.

molucass
11-23-2006, 06:55 PM
My moms internet has been on the blink for a few days and I am just now seeing this..

Congratulations on getting her.. I think she will help your heart heal a little at a time. She is such a beautiful girl. It sounds like the two of you were meant to be.

Welcome to PT Molly! You are so pretty!

captain
11-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Val,
She is beautiful....... Duke knew you would need someone, and I am so glad he helped you find Molly.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Awww! Molly is such a beauty! Congratulations, Duke & Val!!! :) :) :)