PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for the Mayor

Lady's Human
11-18-2006, 02:03 AM
I'se gonna get thumped by Miss Hoppy for this, but some Pupz have promised me they've got my "6"..........

Our Mayor is having a few issues lately, seems her body has decided that it just doesn't like food. :confused:

Prayers that she finds food that she CAN eat, and that the whitecoats can do something about it.

(Okay, Karen, THUMP away)

Killearn Kitties
11-18-2006, 02:47 AM
:( Poor Karen. I'm so sorry to hear that she feels so bad. I have told the girls and they all have their paws crossed as we speak! They are asking if they can send some of their kibble. Have Karen's doctors tried that?

All the best, Karen. I hope some progress is made VERY quickly.

Cinder & Smoke
11-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Hi God!

Sorrie ta "call"so late - but dis wun's REEALLY IMPORTANT!!

Our Pet Talk Mayor - Miz Karen - is havin a problem wiff her "alergies" -
she can't seem ta find any grub that duzint UppySet her tummy and system. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

You got any Angel Food she mite like?
She's purdy *close* ta bein an Angel down here onna Durt Ball ...
will dat qualify her fur Angel Food? ... Kan she TRY sum?

What Bowz? ... Well, thanks Bub ... but we'z not too sure summa your "canned steak loaf"
would help too much. But I'm sure God an Miz Karen 'preciate yur offer.

Maybe You kuld look inna Big Book an see iffin it's covered in There, God ...
then Hop onna Silver Klowd Express an bring it down fur her White Coats ta read.

Now, You KNOW she duzint like folks *Phussin* over her ... but let her know
we all REALLY CARE 'bout her - an we'z gonna PRAY whether she likes it or not! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Oh ... an maybe You otta send sum {{{God'sHugs}}} down here ...
Mayor Karen an her Trusty Side-Kick - Mr. Paul - kuld both use a few.

THANKS fur Your Help, God!!
Niterz!

/s/ the Prayer Pups anna Purrayer KAT ... wiff a lil help from Dad.

Lizzie
11-18-2006, 03:04 AM
Lots of positive thoughts and good wishes being sent to Karen from the PNW19. Please keep us updated since we'll all be concerned.

koxka
11-18-2006, 03:11 AM
That's terrible! :( Is there any method to find out wich food she can eat other than by trial and error? :confused: Allergies is such a difficult thing to deal with! :(

I'll think hard and wish hard for the doctors to find out quickly what Karen can and cannot eat.

chocolatepuppy
11-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed Karens way.

jenluckenbach
11-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Prayers and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for Karen.

kittycats_delight
11-18-2006, 06:05 AM
purrayers and hugs for our grand mayor. Maybe the prayer pups had a good idea and god can share some of the angel food. We are all praying for you Karen and hoping you start feeling better really soon and find something that is ok for your tummy.

((((((((((((KAREN))))))))))))))) Feel better !!! We all love you girl.

anna_66
11-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks Lady's Human for letting us know about the problem our Mayor is having. I'm glad you risked getting "thumped";)

Karen, I know you have such terrible times with your allergies and I'm sorry to hear of the bad time your having now. I do hope that the docs are able to help you out.
Lots of hugs and prayers headed your way.
Anna, Mark, Roxey, Huney & Bon

catnapper
11-18-2006, 07:10 AM
(((hugs)))) Karen and lots of prayers. I'm sorry you're going through this.

buttercup132
11-18-2006, 07:27 AM
That is terrible. Get better soon!!

Randi
11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear your allergies is acting up again. :( I do hope the doctor can find some food which agree with your stomach - and soon! Have you tried finely grated carrots with rasins and nuts? ... yes, I know miss Hoppy would most likely not let you keep that for yourself. ;) How about porridge?

All the best wishes and good thoughts that you'll feel better soon!! Fister is keeping his paws crossed too.

((((hugs))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Aw Karen, this one (and many more)is for you:

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

zippy-kat
11-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Prayers are on the way!

Argranade
11-18-2006, 08:20 AM
So sowwy! please get better!

Maybe all this blabbering made her sick too. :(

((((((Hugsy))))))

lizbud
11-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts coming from Indy. Hope Karen starts to
feel much better soon.

AdoreMyDogs
11-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Oh dear I had no idea :( I hope everything starts getting better and the whitecoats are able to fix you up and figure out exactlly the cause and fix for ya.

Feel better, Karen!

Felicia's Mom
11-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Sending prayers to Karen. Please get well soon.

Dorothy39
11-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Thank-You Lady's Human for taking on those "thumps" so we can send our Sincere Thoughts and Prayers for the Mayor.

Karen, We Will Cradle you Within our Prayers~

BitsyNaceyDog
11-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear Karen is feeling poorly. Thoughts and prayers from me and my crew.

critter crazy
11-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Karen, please get better! We are all praying for you!

gini
11-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Gosh, Karen, I am so sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you.
I hope the Dr.'s can find answers soon to alleviate the problem.

You can count on my prayers.

Ginger's Mom
11-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Sending out our best thoughts and sincerest prayers that the doctors can find a quick cure to Karen's problems.

AbbyMom
11-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way from Illinois that Karen gets better and that whatever she can finally eat is YUMMY!

Catty1
11-18-2006, 09:51 AM
To follow on Abbymom's post, I hope that the only things you are able to eat are your favourites! (including Organic Dark Chocolate).

Although expensive, maybe a few ready-made dinners from the freezer at your health food store might help...

HUGS and get well soon!

Pembroke_Corgi
11-18-2006, 10:02 AM
I hope you can find a solution at the doctor's. I'll be sending good thoughts.

caseysmom
11-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Karen I hope it all gets figured out soon so you feel better and I am sorry this is happening to such a great lady.

Karen
11-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I am feeling far more human now and have a few things that I can eat, and in two weeks I will get real answers from blood tests.

Killearn Kitties
11-18-2006, 10:20 AM
The girls will continue to keep their paws crossed for positive results from those blood tests.

Bengalz
11-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Karen,

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well and hope that things get sorted out soon. Please try to relax - sometimes it's the stress of a situation that makes it so difficult to resolve. You are too special a person to be suffering this way. My prayers for better days are always with you.

Eve has her little paws and claws crossed and sends you lots of wet nose kisses and headbumpies.

Rest well and feel better.

((((HUGS))))))

Betty

Cinder & Smoke
11-18-2006, 10:24 AM
I ... have a few things that I can eat ...

:)
Progress!
It may be a lil *s*l*o*w* ... but it's Progress!

Here's Hoping the list of "It's OK - and tastes GOOD" stuff continues to expand.

{{{Hugs}}}
;)

finn's mom
11-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Karen, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this...I hope you find something new every day that you can eat. And, that you start getting your strenght back and feeling better soon.

jazzcat
11-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the tests will give you the answer and and easy solution.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Rachel
11-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that you are undergoing such a challenge. Even trying to restrict what I eat for various reasons is difficult and a limited selection is depressing. Hope you can narrow it down and find some resolution. Take care.

Everybody else, be on your best behavior. Our mayor doesn't need any aggravation right now. Okay?

flamepony12
11-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm keeping you in my thoughts! Prayers are on the way.. ((((((HUGS))))))

RedHedd
11-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry it's going to take two weeks to get your blood test results. I always wonder why it takes so long. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this soon. Prayers going out your way that the going gets easier.

Vela
11-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling some better, hopefully you continue to improve and you can get some real answers and get back to a more normal life, whatever that is means! Stomach issues are no fun, I can attest to that. Best prayers and wishes that you recover fully soon.

Karen
11-18-2006, 11:14 AM
The things I can eat do include chocolate!

Ginger's Mom
11-18-2006, 11:17 AM
LOL, Oh Yay! Chocolate always makes things easier to handle. Any chance you can also include ice cream on that list? :D

cyber-sibes
11-18-2006, 11:19 AM
:) I am so glad to see your post, Karen. Feeling human is good if you happen to be one. :p Sending you prayers & ((((((hugs)))))) from me & the cybers-sibes. i hope the docs are able to come up with a plan once they get back the bloodwork.

P.S. Mr. Sherman suggests you try some Scooby Snacks - works for him. In case that doesn't help, he also sends you slurppy kisses. xxx
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/other/getwellsoon.png

Cinder & Smoke
11-18-2006, 11:23 AM

Well ... :confused: ... so what's the PROBLEM!?

What more could you possibly want ... somethin like :eek: Fruits or Veggies?
:p

{{{Hugs}}}
;)

Edwina's Secretary
11-18-2006, 11:31 AM
A diet that includes chocolate....where do I sign up? ;) :rolleyes:

Hope you feel better soon!

kimlovescats
11-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Is she sure it isn't a nasty stomach virus? There is one going around here. My daughter and Jenna both had it this past week.

Karen
11-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Kim, I am sure it is not a nasty stomach virus. I have some known food allergies, and know that this is what it feels like. I am feeling back to normal today, thank goodness.

Sadly, Phred, one cannot live on chocolate alone!

For the record, Lut, yes, Lady's Human is my brother - and he's actually my younger brother, though he is taller than me. We have two other siblings as well, older than us.

I am allergic to such diverse items as avocado, beef, broccoli, celery, sucralose - I won't bore you with the whole list, but there are a couple additions from yesterday's skin tests, and then, in a week and six days I can call and get the results from the blood tests. They took 5 vials of blood, and we checked off a whole lot of stuff off the list, so I ought to end up with a comprehensive list of "safe" foods.

Riptide
11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I am allergic to such diverse items as...broccoli...

LUCKY! lol

In any case, I hope you feel better soon. Prayers headed your way :)

caseysmom
11-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Kim, I am sure it is not a nasty stomach virus. I have some known food allergies, and know that this is what it feels like. I am feeling back to normal today, thank goodness.

Sadly, Phred, one cannot live on chocolate alone!

For the record, Lut, yes, Lady's Human is my brother - and he's actually my younger brother, though he is taller than me. We have two other siblings as well, older than us.

I am allergic to such diverse items as avocado, beef, broccoli, celery, sucralose - I won't bore you with the whole list, but there are a couple additions from yesterday's skin tests, and then, in a week and six days I can call and get the results from the blood tests. They took 5 vials of blood, and we checked off a whole lot of stuff off the list, so I ought to end up with a comprehensive list of "safe" foods.

What no avocado's....how could one survive without guacamole :D

Seriously Karen it must be a pain...so far I have a tough digestive system thankfully since I haven't met many foods I don't like!

Karen
11-18-2006, 12:03 PM
What no avocado's....how could one survive without guacamole :D

When the choice is eat it and suffer stomach pain and vomit for 12 hours, and feel sick for the next 24, or don't eat it and feel normal, it's a pretty easy choice!

caseysmom
11-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah I guess that would cure one of that craving really fast. Gosh I can't imagine. I hate throwing up...sounds gross but that has got to be the worst.

k9krazee
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Karen, sorry you're going through this! ((((((hugs))))

Cataholic
11-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear this, Karen. I hope the blood tests give you as big of a list of safe foods as possible!

RockyRoad
11-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Feel better Karen! Glad you've found at least some foods you can eat now. :) Still sending good thoughts your way!!

koxka
11-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Glad to see you posting Karen! I thought you were in hospital! :)

luvofallhorses
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
good thoughts and prayers going out to Karen that she feels better soon!

shais_mom
11-18-2006, 01:04 PM
I hope you can get some answers soon. And hopefully the excitement around here will die down so you can stop dealing with that and concentrate on yourself.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Ah, but can you eat turkey? ;)

Seriously, hope you feel better soon and prayers will still be on the way for you.

trayi52
11-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Prayers are on the way to Karen, our Mayor. I pray that she will be feeling better soon. Hugs to you Karen, get well soon.

((((((HUGS))))))

Willie :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Karen,I'm so sorry that you're having food allergy problems.:( I hope that you'll feel better soon and hopefully when the blood test results are back you'll have a good list of foods that you'll be able to can eat. At least you can still eat chocolate.

A co-worker of mine can't eat anything that has preservatives added to it or else she'll become very ill. She has to stick with fresh home made food.

BC_MoM
11-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, Karen!

I hope you're feeling better soon. :)

dukedogsmom
11-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Get well soon Karen. I hope it's not serious. Hopefully you can get well soon enough to enjoy the holiday foods. I'll try and get caught up on this thread tonight at work.

Almita
11-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this! Prayers are on the way! Hope she will be fine and hopefully find food to be able to eat. Paws and fingers crossed over here

Russian Blue
11-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Karen, I'm sorry to hear the allergies are flaring up. Food allergies are no fun at all but at least you're finding out what to avoid to prevent future problems. I'm very glad you are able to get a list of 'triggers' and avoid them. IBS/colitis and other food allergies seem to be so common these days. I'm even taking Nakita in for allergy testing in the next couple of weeks. :( You have to wonder what's happening with our systems.

When I was young my mother was in the hospital for extended periods for close to 3 years with a severe form of something like ulcerative colitis. One day she was fine, the next day she doubled over in pain and her body started rejecting all food. The doctors tried everything but nothing worked. Her case was so severe that even the layer of particles on a knife, that was used to cut a piece of bread, would send her back to the hospital if it entered her body. Then one day 3 years later, her body clicked back over and started accepting food again.

Today she has no food allergies. The doctors documented her case in a medical journal because back in the 1970's they had never seen such a severe case that rectified itself. It's the closest thing to a miracle in my books.

I'm starting to have some problems myself and I'm at the same age as my mother. I currently have to watch how much dairy I consume but I really hope I don't end up in a similar situation as my mom.

Hope things will calm down for you in the coming days/weeks.

Karen
11-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I did make them redo the skin test for apples, telling the doc and the tech "I really need to know if I can eat apple pie at Thanksgiving!

And it came up with no reaction at all, so apples are at least theoretically safe!

Allergies are, for those who don't know this, your immune system going beserk. My immune system has always been good, it's just gotten a wee bit TOO ambitious for my taste (or comfort)! Of my siblings, my asthma has always been the most bothersome, and that is also linked. I am just *special* they tell me!

RedHedd
11-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I am just *special* they tell me! Well, you are certianly very special to us, your PT family.

joycenalex
11-18-2006, 04:22 PM
indeed. can you eat wheat, rice and chicken? will you be consulting a dietician after the results are in? they can help alot in making food choices.

Karen
11-18-2006, 04:56 PM
indeed. can you eat wheat, rice and chicken? will you be consulting a dietician after the results are in? they can help alot in making food choices.

So far rice is okay, and chicken should be ... I'm just being very cautious at this point. I think it depends what the results are whether my doc will reccomend a dietician, up to this point I've managed pretty well just avoiding what I am allergic to, but obviously my allergies have changed again. Sigh.

Soapets
11-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Nebraska............

Deb

cyber-sibes
11-18-2006, 07:20 PM
I did make them redo the skin test for apples, telling the doc and the tech "I really need to know if I can eat apple pie at Thanksgiving!apple pie is good...can you eat pumpkin pie too? After all, those are the basics. The turkey & all that stuff is just extra! :o

Karen
11-18-2006, 08:32 PM
apple pie is good...can you eat pumpkin pie too? After all, those are the basics. The turkey & all that stuff is just extra! :o

I think so, may have a sliver if I am feeling very brave!

CathyBogart
11-18-2006, 08:35 PM
My sister recently discovered that she's terribly allergic to wheat, no fun. :( I hope you're feeling better soon!

ramanth
11-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Eeks! That's not good. :( Prayers and good vibes sent Karen! *HUGS*

Karen
11-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the prayers, everyone, I really do appreciate them. I do feel back to normal physically now, it's just that I approach every meal with trepidation, and then feel jubilant when I don't feel sick afterwards!

Cathy, your sister has my sympathy. I have heard of people having a wheat allergy, and am glad that's NOT one of mine.

rg_girlca
11-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Karen, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better, but it must be so awful that you have be careful what you eat.

Take care and my prayers are with you.

Lady's Human
11-18-2006, 09:04 PM
The REAL question for Thanksgiving and Christmas is this:

Can you have Rolls and Coffee ring?

Karen
11-18-2006, 09:16 PM
The REAL question for Thanksgiving and Christmas is this:

Can you have Rolls and Coffee ring?

Yup - have tested wheat, butter, sugar, yeast, milk - so I think I'm clear for those! :)

slick
11-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Karen: I've been out all day and just seeing this now. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I can't begin to know how it feels as I have no allergies at all. At least, I don't think so. I purchased a couple of feather pillows from IKEA recently and noticed that I've been sneezing so maybe I'm developing them. As for food, I can eat pretty much anything. I avoid really hot sauce now because I suffer (rather, my colon suffers) the next day. :o Eggs...sometimes I can eat them and other times they will send me to the bathroom pretty quick. Yeah, I know, TMI. :eek: :p

Anyway, you have my prayers and I'm glad that you are feeling better. I am surprised that it will take so long to get the blood tests back.

K9karen
11-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better now, Karen. Sorry you have to suffer so much and have to wait so long for results.
i have a new found respect for people with food allergies. John's granddaughter has severe soy, nut, fish, (and some others) allergies and we all have to wash our hands and faces thoroughly before getting near her. She's only 3, but totally gets it. She's worse off cause she can't have CHOCOLATE, the mainstay for existing!!!
No Thumps for your brother, please..he knows how much we love you and would be really upset if we didn't know. {HUGS}

Karen
11-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I purchased a couple of feather pillows from IKEA recently and noticed that I've been sneezing so maybe I'm developing them.

You may just need to double-pillow case them, or to wash them weekly - feathers accumulate dust really well. If you wake sneezing, but are fine mid-day, that's a sign! We have acrylic-fiber pillows, and always will. My dust/dust mites allergy is so massive that the allergist, one of two at a huge hospital in a city of 84,000 people, remarked on it to her assistant after not having seen me for more than two years, and left it off the skin tests this time. Some dust allergy is pretty much baseline for anyone genetically connected to me, so I grew up knowing how to cope with it.

And Karen, she's so young, there's a good chance she'll outgrow many of her food allergies. I, sadly, had none until a few years ago, and have grown INTO them instead.

lbaker
11-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Karen, remember when we went out to eat with Paul and Cheryl (EtheSpoiled) here in DC? You made some joke about what Paul said about "soon you are only going to be able to eat [blank]" and you made a joke back. What was that? We all laughed but is that really happening? I'm so out of it lately I feel horrible about just now catching up with things :(

Karen
11-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Karen, remember when we went out to eat with Paul and Cheryl (EtheSpoiled) here in DC? You made some joke about what Paul said about "soon you are only going to be able to eat [blank]" and you made a joke back. What was that? We all laughed but is that really happening? I'm so out of it lately I feel horrible about just now catching up with things :(

Hmm, I don't remember - maybe lettuce! After this recent round of misery, his prediction is that at some point, my "safe" dinner will be a glass of water with a side of ice cubes.

moosmom
11-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers on the way from CT.

((((HUGS))))

cyber-sibes
11-22-2006, 07:36 PM
"safe" dinner will be a glass of water with a side of ice cubes. :( I hope you get to enjoy more than that tomorrow on Thanksgiving, Karen! ;)