PDA

View Full Version : To Everyone on PT

Lady's Human
11-17-2006, 10:34 PM
While the Mayor has the diplomatic genes from our family, I'm going to give it a shot.

Lately here there have been many accusations, arguments, spats, and bouts of general unpleasantness.

Please, everyone. Enough.

Our Mayor runs PT as a hobby, and tries with all her limited might to keep it a pleasant place. We're here because we all love animals, regardless of what our other beliefs might be.

If there is a member who you have a disagreement with, either take it to PM, and settle it there, or let the mayor handle things. Use the ignore list. To paraphrase the innkeeper from "Man of LaMancha"

Noise, trouble, fights, kill each other if you must, but for god's sake DON'T DO IT HERE!

Please don't argue in threads (political bickering in the Dog House aside), make statements that may be offensive to others, or pick fights. Don't turn an otherwise pleasant place into a war zone. We have enough of those on this dirtball we call earth.

Again, we're all here because we love our pets. Let's share a little of that with each other. Wouldn't our furry friends want it that way?

caseysmom
11-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Chivilry is still alive :D Karen is lucky to have a sweet brother watching out for her.

critter crazy
11-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Amen!

luvofallhorses
11-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Amen and thank you for making this thread! :)

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 11:22 PM
While the Mayor has the diplomatic genes from our family, I'm going to give it a shot.

Lately here there have been many accusations, arguments, spats, and bouts of general unpleasantness.

Please, everyone. Enough.

Our Mayor runs PT as a hobby, and tries with all her limited might to keep it a pleasant place. We're here because we all love animals, regardless of what our other beliefs might be.

If there is a member who you have a disagreement with, either take it to PM, and settle it there, or let the mayor handle things. Use the ignore list. To paraphrase the innkeeper from "Man of LaMancha"

Noise, trouble, fights, kill each other if you must, but for god's sake DON'T DO IT HERE!

Please don't argue in threads (political bickering in the Dog House aside), make statements that may be offensive to others, or pick fights. Don't turn an otherwise pleasant place into a war zone. We have enough of those on this dirtball we call earth.

Again, we're all here because we love our pets. Let's share a little of that with each other. Wouldn't our furry friends want it that way?
APPLAUSE.. APPLAUSE!!! God bless you!!!

K9karen
11-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I agree. Maybe that's why some people aren't here as much as they use to be. Or gone. Tsk. Tsk.

cyber-sibes
11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Again, we're all here because we love our pets. Let's share a little of that with each other. Wouldn't our furry friends want it that way?Here here! To paraphrase a saying - "Try to be as good a person as your dog thinks you are"

pnance
11-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Well said!!

Kfamr
11-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Very well said. It's too bad some people come here just to cause trouble and lie to us.

I know Karen has been a bit under the weather lately so kudos to you for being such a great big brother! :)

Pam
11-18-2006, 03:53 AM
I agree. Maybe that's why some people aren't here as much as they use to be. Or gone. Tsk. Tsk.

You've hit the nail on the head with that one Karen. Thanks LH, and give Karen our very best wishes.

anna_66
11-18-2006, 06:28 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/clap2.gifVery well said indeed!

Awwww what a great brother you are!

catnapper
11-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Bravo!!!!!! This needed to be said.

Thats why I've been scarce.

Randi
11-18-2006, 07:19 AM
And what a great job Karen and Paul do! Yes, let's not forget that we ARE here mainly because of our love for animals.

Maybe that's why some people aren't here as much as they use to be. Or gone. Tsk. Tsk.
I believe that for some members, it only takes 4-5 certain people to leave, and they're gone too. Wouldn't that be a shame! :(

Karen, PT has grown so big and it must be impossible to keep track of all what goes on here. Perhaps you should consider having a few moderators again.

Let's all try to keep PT the friendly place it's always been. :)

Miss Z
11-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I am in agreement. I retaliate, and I know I do, to posts I don't like, but really we all love this place because of the heart of it all - the pets. I must try to ignore some threads in future.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-18-2006, 08:03 AM
VERY well said!!!

ps. Hey, are you really Karen's brother? I didn't know that !

Argranade
11-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Yepo!

If you have a bad statement you want to say at someone PM it, don't do it on PT threads ... actualy you should not even down talk people even if you don't like them.

Treat others as you would want to be treated!

Still learing that saying myself! :o

Dorothy39
11-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Very well stated Lady's Human ~

Yes, You are a very Wonderful Brother and Pet of the Day is certainly a Very Wonderful Place!!!

gini
11-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Isn't it a shame that this has to be mentioned at all?

I have to admit that when I see certain names I simply avoid the whole thread. Who wants to take the time to read such nonsense?

No wonder Karen is feeling under the weather - the bickering must get her down. She is the moderator - not the babysitter!

LH, thanks for looking out for your sis! And also for reminding us that this is a family site!

Bengalz
11-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Chivilry is still alive :D Karen is lucky to have a sweet brother watching out for her.

So right! Thank you Lady's Human for being there for your sister and for PetTalk :) This is a great site and is populated by a wonderful group of people. Karen and Paul have invested time, resources, heart and soul into this community. They deserve to be respected by all. It saddens me some days to see the nonsense that occurs in some threads and how it impacts others. My instinct is to stay away from those issues however, knowing they happen upsets me nonetheless.

I hope this thread is something of a wake-up call for those who abuse their privilege of being here.

Again, thank you for being so supportive - many here sincerely appreciate your thoughts and your feelings.

Betty

RedHedd
11-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I have to admit that when I see certain names I simply avoid the whole thread. I do the same. Life is too short ....

Karen
11-18-2006, 01:02 PM
No wonder Karen is feeling under the weather - the bickering must get her down. She is the moderator - not the babysitter!

Thanks, but it was food that "got me down" - I have been being ambushed by new and unknown food allergies, so got allergy tests again yesterday, and in 2 weeks will have the more comprehensive list from the blood tests.

BC_MoM
11-18-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree 100%. I think it's low to put someone down publicly.

kimlovescats
11-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I agree! I know that I have been guilty a few times of spouting off in anger, and I'm really working on biting my fingers when I'm feeling upset! ;) These days I try to get my point across in the least confrontational way possible. If I don't feel I can word my feelings appropriately, I try to avoid the offending thread.

Kim

NicoleLJ
11-18-2006, 02:32 PM
AS you know I am new here and I just wanted to say that this place is one of the better boards to be on. Some boards can let things get way out of hand. It is really nice to see that so many people here can see when there is a problem and all work together to try and correct it and make things better. You all deserve a pat ont eh back.

And I agree with the taking problems to PM's. I just wanted to let you all know of the above first.
Nicole

Russian Blue
11-18-2006, 03:31 PM
I haven't had a lot of time for the internet recently, so I guess I have missed the offending threads. Honestly, as soon as the tone of thread starts heading down I would avoid it anyways. I don't have the time for it. Period. My 'real' life is already full of negative people and situations at work that I don't need to add to them by reading or responding to these types of posts.

I come here for a break, not to get worked up over internet 'reality'. It's sad that a site like this ends up having some 'bad apples' but that is in every community (online and offline). It's up to each person to choose to respond to these types of posts or ignore them/report them.

Felicia's Mom
11-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Karen, PT has grown so big and it must be impossible to keep track of all what goes on here. Perhaps you should consider having a few moderators again.

Let's all try to keep PT the friendly place it's always been. :)

I agree, maybe you should at least try more moderators.

moosmom
11-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Amen Lady's Human!! I am guilty of flying off the handle and that's why I chose to take a break. As short as it was, it did me a world of good.

Karen and Paul do a wonderful job running this board. My hat is off to them.

BTW, I didn't know you were Karen's brother! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

lizbud
11-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks, but it was food that "got me down" - I have been being ambushed by new and unknown food allergies, so got allergy tests again yesterday, and in 2 weeks will have the more comprehensive list from the blood tests.

Don't want to sound like an alarmist or anything, but with the chemicals
involved with producting food nowadays, it must be hard to find the source
of any allergic reaction. Good luck with the tests.

Husky15
11-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Very well said. It's too bad some people come here just to cause trouble and lie to us.

I know Karen has been a bit under the weather lately so kudos to you for being such a great big brother! :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Agreed [on both statements].

CathyBogart
11-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Good thread!

I haven't posted much beacause I've been feeling grouchy and snappy (nothing going on, just tweaking meds and studying) and didn't want to add to any trouble. Hopefully things will mellow out now. :)

Zippy
11-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I agree with what everone has said.
It saddens me to see more pters leaving or taking a break becasue of all of are bickering,hate,anger,ect...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Sometimes it just gets hard to take when there are so many of us having tons of problems of our own plus the sadness of seeing our pet pals go to the bridge then when there is fighting going on too, well that's why I backed off for a bit. I couldn't ever leave (well, I don't think I could) but sometimes I just don't post as much.