PDA

View Full Version : How many do you think?

angelbow20
11-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Those of you who read my one thread knows my dog Grace is pregnant and she is due alittle less than a month now so i was just wondering how many pups Gracie is going to have and I decided to ask everyone how many they think she will have!? She is only half way through about so she isnt TOOOO big yet but my guess is 5 because i had a dream she had 5 lastnight. Does anyone else want to guess how many she will be having? This is her first litter so I dont know if that help with the amount of pups or not!
We do know there is atleast 2 so far!!!

lute
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
it's always fun guessing how many pups you'll get! i missed your last thread. what breed is she? your best bet to find out about how many pups to expect is to take her to th vet and have an Xray taken. it's really cool seeing all the little spines and skulls.

angelbow20
11-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Shes a golden retriever. we did take her once already we saw 2 for sure she is going back nov 27th so i can find out how many for sure she will be having. i just thought it would be neat to see who guessing the number right.

borzoimom
11-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Those of you who read my one thread knows my dog Grace is pregnant and she is due alittle less than a month now so i was just wondering how many pups Gracie is going to have and I decided to ask everyone how many they think she will have!? She is only half way through about so she isnt TOOOO big yet but my guess is 5 because i had a dream she had 5 lastnight. Does anyone else want to guess how many she will be having? This is her first litter so I dont know if that help with the amount of pups or not!
We do know there is atleast 2 so far!!!
They can tell when they palpate her half way, but I think we are past that. They can also do a low exposure x ray to tell you at least. ( sometimes puppies hide in the womb) but they can tell if you need to know.
Also start adding red raspberry. Its a capsule you get at like GNC and for a 60 pound dog a full capsule in the food twice a day. This helps the hormone system cope, and helps the milk drop as the hormone system moves along. I also give my females 250 mg of vitamin c twice a day when pregnant to help hydrate not only her- but the pups.
If you want, please pm me.. I have been breeding dogs for years.

molucass
11-17-2006, 02:10 PM
I guess 3, because thats how many Baby had. :p

bluebird
11-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll guess eight!

lute
11-17-2006, 02:30 PM
eight! wow! that's a lot! i'm gonna guess 3.

critter crazy
11-17-2006, 02:36 PM
hmmm.....Im gonna guess 4!