PDA

View Full Version : Emma

toughCookie
06-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Emma had to go to the vet yesterday, several days ago I noticed that she was licking at her left back paw, alot,
I think she stepped on a scorpion, and it must have made her foot numb and tingly, it is swollen from her licking at it so much.
The vet gave her a cortizone shot, and some antibiotic medicine that I have to give her 2 times a day for a week.
I never let Emma or Louise outside, and Muffin stays in too now, I think this happend on the screened in porch..

Emma also lately has been chasing Muffin, they run thru the hall and rooms, I am not totally sure muffin likes it, but she's not hissing so I guess she's ok with it.

Last night, Emma was up on a chair and Louise looked up there, and was going to jump up , and Emma jumped forward just a bit to warn her away!!! I was surprised and bothered by that. I felt bad when Muffin was left out from their play, now I feel bad for Louise...I have noticed they don't sleep in the same spot anymore , and Emma hasn't been playing with her, but I thought it was because shes been lethargic this week, but then she chased Muffin... :confused:
and when Louise doesn't have her, she whines for attention more...

any ideas or advice? my vet gave me the number of a cat behavorist, I think I will try calling.

Heather Wallace
06-11-2002, 02:17 PM
I hope you cat gets better soon, it must have been painfull!

sasvermont
06-11-2002, 02:20 PM
When Graemer was recovering from his pulled muscle in his leg, about two weeks in time, he was very still and Miley counted on me for entertainment. She stopped going to him for fun. Now that he's back to his old tricks, she and he are best of buds. I bet that happens with your two kittens!

Good luck with recovery.... Keep us posted!

:cool:

Cougie Wechsler
06-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks for sharing the story of the possible scorpion sting. Our cats are indoor only but sometimes centipedes and scorpions get in the house and the cats end up tangling with them. Cougie killed a 6 inch centipede last summer. :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2002, 12:54 AM
I hope Emma gets better soon. I agree with Sas. Since Emma's paw is hurt the others depend on you for entertainment. I'm sure everything will work out.:) You just need to be patient.

toughCookie
06-12-2002, 03:53 PM
well things are back to normal, Emma and Louise running like wild .. I think Emma's paw is better, tho I do still see her licking at it, but not as much. things are still crazy between the 3, but thats cats for ya, I guess. this morning Louise was jumping on the front door, (she was on the porch) something she has never done before, I opened it and she ran in like the devil was after her! Muffin was about to go out, but that scared her, really scared her! her tail puffed, she ran off, then Emma ran in and attacked Muffin. I have no idea what happend, if Emma had scared Louise or if something else did, maybe Louise was after a bug on the door? I looked around out there and didn't see anything.....cats!!:confused: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:
well all is quiet now, cat-naptime:D :D