PDA

View Full Version : Our New Rescue

Reachoutrescue
11-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Well, I hardly post in dog general, but this rescue is a dog, so here I am.

This guy was pulled from a county pound in Virginia, Illinois. We met a man from Pound Dog Rescue (in Virginia, Il) in Joliet today. He transfered this dog to us. We are going to find him a nice home and then help out Pound Dog Rescue with a couple of more pups. Our main rescues are cats, but we are trying to expand and work on some dogs too now.

Well with no further adoo....here is REX!

Rex is a one year old, neutered male terrier/lab mix. He is just about house broken. He is crate trained, knows how to sit for a treat, does not jump. Rex loves kids and other dogs, but chases cats!! He is such a cool dog.

Here he is when he first came to our house. He seems so sad in this picture.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/100_0369.jpg
He likes it when you scratch him on the sides of his face. Here he is pictured with a close friend of ours, Bonnie; he seems a little happier as she scratches his face.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/100_0365.jpg

kimlovescats
11-17-2006, 12:41 AM
He's beautiful! I'm sure he will be a very happy guy really soon, thanks to your care! ;)

chocolatepuppy
11-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Rex is adorable! I'm sure he'll find a great home. :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Hi Rex!!! What a cute boy you are!! Great job at rescuing him!! :)

Reachoutrescue
11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Rex is much better today. He is so sweet! He does not like the cats at all though! Well he does, but only to chase. When he hears them he gets all excited and starts whining! He really is a great dog.

lute
11-17-2006, 09:23 AM
what a sweetie. just wants someone to love him. he's definatly ended up at the right place! good luck placing him!

Husky15
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Rex is soo cute! Even though he looks sad in the first photo - he looks so adorable! I know he is in the right home now.

Reachoutrescue
11-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys. I so appreciate that. He is really sweet. I know the right family is out there just waiting for him!!

lizbud
11-17-2006, 05:05 PM
First of all, a big thank you to your group for helping dogs and cats
find loving homes. :)

He is a sweet looking pup. he does look at little unsure in his first
picture, but time & care will take care of that. I hope Rex finds a
great forever home.

Lady's Human
11-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I wish you guys would stop posting pics of rescues. :p

Lady gets jealous, and I get in trouble with LOH every time someone posts a pic of a cute pup who needs a new home!

Reachoutrescue
11-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I am sorry. Tell Lady not to be mad...no need for an angry pup!! Rex says he's sorry! :)