PDA

View Full Version : How many of you think...

DJFyrewolf36
11-16-2006, 06:30 PM
...That your kitties desrve THIS! (http://hsus.petfulfillment.com/productdetail.php?productid=1204)

If I had the means, I'd have two! Not that I think they would use it :rolleyes: but the thought would be there!

Prairie Purrs
11-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I really, really love it! The cats are whispering to me that if you divide the cost by 10 kitties, it's not so much. ;)

moosmom
11-16-2006, 06:48 PM
At $149??? Uh, lemme think...NO!!

My cats don't even use the beds I've bought them at cat shows. I wind up donating them to shelters. The little ingreats are lucky they've got my bed to sleep on (no wonder my back hurts!!).

flamepony12
11-16-2006, 06:50 PM
SO expensive! :eek:

haha, I love how the cat is photoshopped on.

critter crazy
11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
SO expensive! :eek:

hmmm....I thought it looked funny! So if they pphotoshopped a kitty in, do you think real one would even use it??:D

Danegirl2208
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Sheesh...i dont think so... Raven wouldnt want anything to do with it anyways.. she has not used one cat bed i've bought her! :rolleyes:

LOL.. i had a good laugh at that too! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
This is the one Edwina wants..... ;) :D :rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p579635dc66e86edbe3ed2cae25b88d4f/fc264671.jpg

DJFyrewolf36
11-16-2006, 07:21 PM
LOL my cats are the types that will sleep in the BOX it was shipped in...

Moosmom, tell Moo that boxes make very nice beds and he should leave yours alone lol.

ES, Spook saw that and decided that she figured out at least ONE item on her Christmas list :D

RedHedd
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Not for the M's - they prefer the rugs on the floor or my bed.

Freedom
11-16-2006, 09:45 PM
gee, all that glitz and glam. NOT!

WalMart had a clearance about 2 years ago on their pet sized sofas. The smallest ones were an odd green, so I skipped that size. I got the medium (deep rich red) and the large (royal blue). Can't remember what the original price was, they were marked down to $5 each. The cats use them periodically. Seems one cat will use one and BAM all the cats want to use them. Then something else becomes the fad, and the sofas get ignored for a few days.

Boxes, YEAH, THAT is a REAL cat bed!

Marigold2
11-16-2006, 09:54 PM
My two cats sleep whereever, sofa, bed, floor. I feel that if someone has the monies to spend on a cat bed they should. As for me I have three children and a mortgage. But some people have no human children and they spend huge amounts on their pets. That's ok. As long as they are treated with love and respect, I don't think they care if they sleep on a pink sofa with Elvis's face tattooed on.

fragrancehound
11-16-2006, 10:32 PM
cats are funny creatures in that they always seem to prefer a cardboard box to a fancy cat bed. :confused: or even better they seem to like my bed and pillows instead!

Rie Rie
11-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Yea, I could see me telling hubby I want to spend $150.00 on a bed for the cat..............NOT!!! It is really nice though.

catmandu
11-17-2006, 08:48 AM
The Found Cats are now cospiring to get at least Three Of Those Couches to sleep on.
They certainly are a luxury that the Found Cats deserve, but thier Dad cannot afford, sadly.
And the money goes to a good cause which is even sadder.

smokey the elder
11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
My cats already have a bed; it's called mine (except when it's theirs.) :p

Pembroke_Corgi
11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Those beds are so cool! If I bought one the cats might use it sometimes, but mostly I can just see the dogs trying to stuff themselves onto it.

wolflady
11-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Ha ha...those things are so cute! It's really amazing what products they have out there for pets these days. I saw fancy beds like these at a cat show, and some were hundreds of dollars! :eek: I couldn't believe it! I can't even bring myself to spend that much money on me, let alone my furries...although it would be nice to be able to afford it! :p

Alas, my bed belongs to the furries...I have permission to sleep on the very edge... :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
11-17-2006, 11:10 AM
:) Ok I see & I am still thinking about this one.. Adorable bed && my girls are for sure worth it But I Dont Think So.. I have to agree they would have more fun & spend more time in the box it came in.. I think my girls have plenty of Pets Mart Beds & meowmomie's bed to sleep on & be comfy.. :D

momcat
11-18-2006, 12:33 PM
See that, no matter what you come up with SOMEBODY will give you money for it! Groucho deserves the very best of everything... as do all PT kitties... but with Soncat aiming for law school and other obligations, $149 for something Groucho wouldn't bother with is out of the question. During the day Groucho has his favorite nap spots. At night he sleeps part of the time with me and part of the time with Soncat. I like that arrangement just fine.

KitCat
11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
My cat can snuggle in the bed but he also gets a nice padded bench in the living room and he loves it! The great thing is if we have guests they can sit on it because my kitty will be hiding under the bed.

Randi
11-20-2006, 02:43 PM
It sure looks comfy and it's a cute idea, but I don't like the look of it - anyway, Fister prefers my bed any time! :D

kittycats_delight
11-20-2006, 02:52 PM
we are looking at one similar to this for Vixen but it is black frame.
http://www.cat-alog.com/cat_furniture_beds/4post_cat_bed.jpg

But I also recently seen this one and am not sure which one to get anymore.http://www.cat-alog.com/pet_houses/bamboo_bed.jpg

janelle
11-21-2006, 01:32 AM
My furbabies sleep on top of my cedar chest in front of the window. My hubby does not like them on the bed so they learned to sleep in their cat beds.

I would love them to sleep with me and keep me warm in the winter but my Siamese is claustrophobic. He hates to be covered up and can't breathe well if he is. He runs away if he thinks he will be covered up and my tabby will only take a nap with me when I get her and put her under the covers with me. Then she settles down and won't come out when I get up. LOL, she gets too warm and cozy.

They have the beds with the high sides to keep the chill off them in the winter so a bed like that would be cold for them. In the summer I take the pad out of one bed and get my condom bed out for the other. No sides so they aren't as warm. They will sleep together in one bed when it gets cold.