PDA

View Full Version : Sirrahsim is fine :)

sirrahbed
11-16-2006, 05:28 PM
To those of you who read and posted in the thread about the Japanese earthquake - I wanted to let you know that I just now received an email from Missy and they are just fine. She said the reason I got the recording was because the phone was already shut off (they will be returning to the states in a few days!!) Also, they were not even aware of the earthquake :p
Thank you for the prayers - I am so glad to have heard from her :)

kimlovescats
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I didn't see the other thread, but I sure am glad everyone is alright! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear all is well. That they weren't aware of the earthquake makes me think of a funny story....

My mother would call any of her four children (all of whom lived at some distance) whenever she heard of a disaster in the neighborhood. I probably got the brunt of the calls as she listened to a Chicago-based all-news radio station much of the time.

So there would be a murder or a fire and she would call and ask if I was alright.

Once, when I would have been in my mid-30's (by which time I also listened to all-news), I heard on the radio that there had been a murder of a "young woman" in my part of town. Normally, this would have meant a phone call. As I didn't get one I thought I would call my mother and tease her.

So I called and asked why she hadn't call to check on me...her response...she knew it wasn't me....it said a young woman.... :D :D

flamepony12
11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Glad to hear everything's okay! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I didn't hear about the earthquake or see the other thread, but I'm glad to hear Missy and her family are all fine. That's so scary, I'm glad they didn't feel it. I'm sure the will be even more glad to be returning home to the states now.

caseysmom
11-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Thank you Debbie, she has been in my thoughts.

Karen
11-17-2006, 06:19 AM
Whew, thanks for letting us know!

trayi52
11-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks Debbie for letting us know that Missy is alright. I was worried about her. When will she be leaving for the states?

Willie :)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Phew! good news

jazzcat
11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Glad to hear they are okay Debbie.

Bet you guys are anxious to get them back in the states.