PDA

View Full Version : Ireland calling Laura's Babies

jackmilliesmom
11-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Pray for Patrick - Hi Laura's Babies I am JackMilliesMom and relatively new to the site and have to say I ahve read Patrick's story and I notice he has a good strong Irish Name and he should therefore have the fighting spirit of the Irish.

He and his family are in our prayers and we will say a special prayer to St. PAtrick for him and also to Padre Pio - send on our wishes all the way from the Emerald Isle....

Best of Irish Luck to Patrick, family and friends

Jo

AbbyMom
11-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi

I'm not Laura's Babies, but I know that she's away from Pet Talk right now on work. Not sure when she'll be back. She works one month on and one month off.

I'm sure she'd appreciate the prayers.

Perhaps if you send her a personal message she'll be sure to check this thread when she returns.

Pat
**Proud of my Irish heritage!** :D

jackmilliesmom
11-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi Pat,

thanks, are you Irish originally or generation Irish?

AbbyMom
11-17-2006, 06:03 AM
Hi

I'm actually really a typical American mutt: Mostly of Scottish-Irish descent with a little German and other European mixed in. My Irish forebearers came over to the US in the late 1880s.

But here in the US, on St. Patrick's Day, we are all Irish! ;)

By the way, I forgot to say: WELCOME TO PET TALK! Hope you like it here and stick around.

jackmilliesmom
11-17-2006, 06:27 AM
I do like and intend to stick around - so Paddy's Day what a day great for celebrations have you ever been over here on that day. I have been in Seattle for it one year and hope to head to New York next year for it....

We love to celebrate over here as I am sure you are aware...

Hi

I'm actually really a typical American mutt: Mostly of Scottish-Irish descent with a little German and other European mixed in. My Irish forebearers came over to the US in the late 1880s.

But here in the US, on St. Patrick's Day, we are all Irish! ;)

By the way, I forgot to say: WELCOME TO PET TALK! Hope you like it here and stick around.

mugsy
11-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I, too, am an All American mutt, with German, English, Swedish and Irish! I just found out that my great grandmother immigrated to NYC with her parents from County Kildare! Her maiden name was Murphy and her mother's maiden name was Colligan.

jackmilliesmom
11-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Is it Colligan or Colgan (the latter is the more likely) Colgan and Murphy are all common names in Kildare my brother married a Colgan and we are all from the same town.

So what do you do for St. Patrick's Day do you take the day or work it and how do you celebrate it...???

I, too, am an All American mutt, with German, English, Swedish and Irish! I just found out that my great grandmother immigrated to NYC with her parents from County Kildare! Her maiden name was Murphy and her mother's maiden name was Colligan.