PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help...UPDATE 11/16/06

Reachoutrescue
11-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey everybody. I know this probably does not belong here, but everybody that knows me is in Cat General, hope nobody minds.

Well, we are at it again. We have another rescue mission. We are pulling some kittens from a shelter in Griffin, GA. We are getting together with another rescue called Save the Kitties (www.savethekitties.org) to try to save some babies from being put down, they still use gas there...awful! So, we are asking around to see if anybody can help us transport some kittens from there to our rescue or as close to it as possible. We are in Hometown, Illinois. It is an 11 hour drive from GA to IL. Maybe somebody in Kentucky can help out. KY is about 7 hrs from GA and we are about 5 hrs from KY...we are willing to do whatever we can to save these kits. Please PM me and let me know if you know anybody or if you can help out yourself. Thank you so so so much.

rg_girlca
11-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Prayers on the way Tracy that you are able to get the help that you need for these precious kitties.

Reachoutrescue
11-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Thank you Lorraine. I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Anikaca77
11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
http://www.spaldingcountyanimalshelter.com/cats1.htm

I just looked at this link and oh my...it's so sad...these guys have the death stamp on them saying when they will no longer be available.

catmandu
11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
I wish I could help, but all I can do is Pray.

Donnaj4962
11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Hoping and praying that you will be able to get them out of there ASAP! And into the loving homes that they deserve to be a part of!

Reachoutrescue
11-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Okay, I have an offer for transport. I have somebody that will drive to Lafayette or so then back to the border of Illinois for me....I am willing to drive into Indiana or so as well. I now need somebody inTennessee and Kentucky....the lady at Save the Kitties is in Georgia...she is willing to travel a bit too. Any Ideas? We have to save some of these babies. Thank you everybody!!

Anikaca77
11-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Okay, I have an offer for transport. I have somebody that will drive to Lafayette or so then back to the border of Illinois for me....I am willing to drive into Indiana or so as well. I now need somebody inTennessee and Kentucky....the lady at Save the Kitties is in Georgia...she is willing to travel a bit too. Any Ideas? We have to save some of these babies. Thank you everybody!!

Did you get some of the cats out of there yet? Can't someone shut them down for using this gas. It's so horrible.

Reachoutrescue
11-17-2006, 08:36 AM
No, we more then likely will not be able to attempt this transport until after Thanksgiving. Sadly, we can not get the pound shut down for using gas. It is county pound...which means the county is in charge of it, and we have learned that some of those people are pretty horrible themselves.

Donnaj4962
11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
***bump***

Please, consider helping as you are making your Thanksgiving travel plans!

I hope we can help these babies!

Reachoutrescue
11-18-2006, 03:43 PM
We really need to save these kits..... We need somebody in Kentucky and Tennessee still. Anybody?

Anikaca77
11-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I wish I was in KY or TN. I'm praying for those babies. I wish we could shut down the pound. Poor animals. That's so unfair.

heidiv
11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Please anyone that lives in that area ANYONE HELP THESE BABIES!! Its so sad that they were owner surrenders :( :( I hope god makes it hard for these people to sleep at night. The female looks terrified!!

Lizzie
11-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Try:

http://911petrescue.com/ipb/

and post in both the Rescue Urgent and Rescue Transport forums

http://www.frappr.com

and use their animal rescue network map

http://www.bestfriends.org/

You will have to join each group before posting, of course. The Best Friends one has forums which you can post in after you join. There are forums for transport, animals in urgent need, and local area groups such as Tennessee and Kentucky.

Good luck. I hated looking at all of the cats who are going to be gassed tomorrow, especially the three grey older kittens all in together. I look around me at Maeve, Nougat and Dude on the love seat alongside my desk, Ginger in a big chair, and Dagda in a cat bed by the heat and wish these three could be in a cosy home also.

Catty1
11-19-2006, 07:48 PM
PHONE them! Tracey, I am up in Canada - and I can't drive or help!

arrgh....poor babies!

Reachoutrescue
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Thank you everybody for all your advice. I am going to call them and go to those links in the morning. It has been a long day of work here. Thank you again everybody.